Ren'Py Abandoned The Lust of Us [v0.011] [Malum]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I can see where the parody might be with the title but Ellie wasn't Joel's daughter, Sarah was and she is all kinds of dead.

Well, only one kind of dead but she's that.

fenix2d

Jan 28, 2018
About all the incest thing: I also agree that mom - son is more overdone now than father - daughter. But in future plans I was thinking about creating four character and give the player a possibility to chose 2 of them in the beginning and the possibility to play each of them. So it could be husband - wife (for those who doesn't like incest and would prefer just a romantic story about taking care of your loved one), then father - daughter, mom - son and brother - sister. But for the early time of the game I think I should make at least father daughter good and then proceed with the other types.
how about "father - son" or "mother - daughter" story?

Reactions: bernthal

IAmTerror

May 28, 2017
I dunno, man... severe lack of polish, a kinda half-baked "guess the usable commands" mechanic and like two or three legit scenes....

I have no reason to like this game. Like it doesn't check any of the boxes I normally pay attention to... but goddamnit, I do. I want more.

I also want a list of what I can actually say that gets a response out of Ellie but I want more, too.

I have absolutely no idea why this game interests me in its' current state but it just DOES. Can't explain it. Can only enjoy what little bit of it there is.

T_L_o_U

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2017
Hello everybody.
It was fun to come back after a while and see silentsix as a developer of the game lol.
I would like to kindly ask moderators to edit the page back as I didn't "hand over the development of the game" to silentsix as his patreon page says.
To claim that, he should have at least asked me if I'm ok with that. And it is really rude to do such things. I'm really grateful to silentsix for helping me with editing the text, but claiming that you are a developer of the game only because of editing the already written text and linking your pateron page here is really strange.
The game is not abondoned, unfortunately I simply don't have access to the internet for long periods of time due to my current job.
Please, return the page to how it was and here is the link of the original patreon page of the game: patreon.com/thelustofus

Thank you!

Also, really appreciate all the new comments about the game! Thank you

plesentaadam

Feb 9, 2018
Hello everybody.
It was fun to come back after a while and see silentsix as a developer of the game lol.
I would like to kindly ask moderators to edit the page back as I didn't "hand over the development of the game" to silentsix as his patreon page says.
To claim that, he should have at least asked me if I'm ok with that. And it is really rude to do such things. I'm really grateful to silentsix for helping me with editing the text, but claiming that you are a developer of the game only because of editing the already written text and linking your pateron page here is really strange.
The game is not abondoned, unfortunately I simply don't have access to the internet for long periods of time due to my current job.
Please, return the page to how it was and here is the link of the original patreon page of the game: patreon.com/thelustofus

Thank you!

i wish one day you or silentsix and you will develop the game further

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Hello everybody.

Thank you!

So basically you have no time or drive to develop the game, but you refuse to hand it over to someone who does? Yikes.

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017
Hello everybody.

Thank you!

You know that I have supported you since the day this game hit f95. But, I have to agree with the above, mate. If you don't have to time to develop the game, then pass it along to someone who is willing to make the time to do it...

OR start a collaboration with others to get changes uploaded and updated. I'd be willing to bet that you would find several people here on F95 that would be willing to help in either regard.

Reactions: RedPillBlues

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
You know that I have supported you since the day this game hit f95. But, I have to agree with the above, mate. If you don't have to time to develop the game, then pass it along to someone who is willing to make the time to do it...

OR start a collaboration with others to get changes uploaded and updated. I'd be willing to bet that you would find several people here on F95 that would be willing to help in either regard.
I know this is a pirate site and this probably isn't going to be very well received, but acting like the dev is obligated to cut loose something they are in the process of creating just because they have to put their work on it on-hold is ridiculously selfish. Creative works aren't just something someone poops out one day and presents as a gift to the world... there is a lot of work, blood, sweat, tears, and emotion that can go into something like this... especially if it's something good.

Having something you've created being taken over without your consent can be gut-wrenching... especially when someone is going to attempt to monetize based on what is essentially your intellectual property.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I know this is a pirate site and this probably isn't going to be very well received, but acting like the dev is obligated to cut loose something they are in the process of creating just because they have to put their work on it on-hold is ridiculously selfish. Creative works aren't just something someone poops out one day and presents as a gift to the world... there is a lot of work, blood, sweat, tears, and emotion that can go into something like this... especially if it's something good.

Having something you've created being taken over without your consent can be gut-wrenching... especially when someone is going to attempt to monetize based on what is essentially your intellectual property.
I kind of agree. I'm sure it comes from a place of good intentions but it's odd to me. If the creator wants to take his time making his game or don't want it to come out that's his business.

If someone wanna make another (even similar) Last of Us game they can make it on their own. No need to come pick up this like vultures just because the person making is kinda slow.

LewdDao

Jul 9, 2017
"...because the person making is kinda slow"... 8 months is not slow, 8 months is dead. Not trying to argue, and he should definitely not have tried to steal the work, as noted above, easy enough (and common enough) to just create a clone of it. However, this should probably be marked as Abandoned again, till the dev actually does work on it.

Reactions: Aazkaal

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017
Whoa. I'm not trying to steal anyone's work. I wouldn't even know where to begin making a game. I just think it's a good concept, and if he can't put time into it, maybe he can find someone who can. I'm not trying to take it away from anyone, I just want someone to complete it.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
are you serious... what the hell is this ?

i mean.. of course someone cant steal the work of the dev.. but when a dev is missing for half a year without news. i can understand someone taking the relay of it.
spawning out of nowhere in return and make the continuation of the game not allowed is absurd.

i mean, yeah sure he link his patreon and make money of it. but if ya dont want that, then give a news.... i mean, half a year without internet because of work ? where in earth are you living ? even north korean can get internet acces in half a year just to post a comment that its not dead.

i dont get it...
> game sound dead
> someone take the relay to make game survive
> dev spawn and ask the deleting of the continuation

dont tell me the game is not dead if even the dev dont want it to survive..

just put abandonned tag on it and voila. its too easy to just spawn out of nowhere to say its not dead with whatever reason and then just dissapear again and coming sometime just to be sure nobody allow this game to survive.

i can understand the dev to not allow someone to make money on his game or to claim to be dev when nothing have really be done by that person ( core of game ) . but come on ! not allowing the game to survive is stupid. unless even the dev want it to be dead.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes