Ren'Py Abandoned The Lust of Us [v0.011] [Malum]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

IceCreamSammich

Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Hey, everybody!
I've just changed the download links in the first post. The game now has an edited English text as the text v0.01 wasn't very good as my native language is not English. And was very kind to propose his help with it. And edited all the English text in the game. Be sure to check out his page.
Also, I've edited some Russian text typos in the game.
As for the content part, it hasn't changed. So if you've played the game already, you won't find any new events in this version. The new material will be available in the v0.02.
Hey, keep up the great work. The art isn't perfect but I've seen you already make a few posts in this thread of you polishing everything up. I'm really excited about this game.

Pyjak Slayer

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
The game now has an edited English text as the text v0.01 wasn't very good as my native language is not English. And was very kind to propose his help with it. And edited all the English text in the game. Be sure to check out his page.
Respectfully, I too would like to volunteer for spell/grammar checking. I love this game, however, for native-English speakers, reading the text is a bit of a headache. I would also like to state the obvious and say that I'm not looking for monetary compensation (or any compensation at all that is...). So if you're interested in an extra person going through your text, I'll be more than happy to assist you. If you're interested, just reply or send me a private message.

I think that a game's grammar and spelling are some of the most important things in a game that almost entirely relies on its text, in this case, Ren'py games and visual novels. Many games are amazing in the art and story factor, but are a complete pain to get through due to the lanky grammar. Yours is a lot better than most, but isn't perfect.

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017
You can add me to the list as a volunteer, as well, to help find bugs, errors, etc. I think you'll find that a lot of us here will be glad to help.

Thjis

May 19, 2017
Good day to everybody! Really appreciate all the comments, thank you for sharing your opinion.

About the name and the actual game "The last of us": I've never played it and I don't want to make a parody of the game or something like that, I just found the main characters' type very appealing for me to create a game with the same kind of characters, the type becomes quite popular now (for example the movie Logan, also a man and a girl). And I also really like the name Ellie, so I didn't even try to make her look like the actual Ellie, just the "type".

About all the incest thing: I also agree that mom - son is more overdone now than father - daughter. But in future plans I was thinking about creating four character and give the player a possibility to chose 2 of them in the beginning and the possibility to play each of them. So it could be husband - wife (for those who doesn't like incest and would prefer just a romantic story about taking care of your loved one), then father - daughter, mom - son and brother - sister. But for the early time of the game I think I should make at least father daughter good and then proceed with the other types.

About daughter's name: in one of the future updates I'm going to add a possibility to rename her as it is very easy to do and se is already coded as [dname] in the whole game.

About the "i wanna eat your pussy" and "if you say so thing": she answers with those words only if the reply for your words/question is not coded yet . And I decided to make it like a sarcastic "If you say so". And she responded for "i wanna eat your pussy" like that because of the word "wanna" she doesn't know it yet :) For now I've tried to predict the players input and it contain a small base of standard input phrases so in future, she'll "know" more phrases to reply for.

About question "daughter is just "a thing" not a goal": I would be very happy to do the game about corruption as an innocent daughter would be a more interesting character, than a "slut daughter". But sadly, scenario and dialogs is the hardest thing for me to do now and I think, I'll just find a person to help me with that to make the story more alive and interesting. And it would let me focus on improving my art and coding as I've done it only for couple of months and have a lot to learn on that part.

And the last one about the customization: I think it would be a good idea to add a possibility to add some options for the daughter's look like hair and eyes color, breast size and other stuff. And the main character doesn't appear anywhere except his lower part of the body, so the player could easier relate himself with the protagonist.

Thank you, everybody again, hope you'll enjoy playing the game!
My comment was not so much a criticism of your choice, but the game description implied seduction of daughter. I felt the various posts were confusing. Seemed like the game focus was elsewhere and sex with your daughter was more of a current event not a goal or milestone in game

T_L_o_U

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2017
Respectfully, I too would like to volunteer for spell/grammar checking. I love this game, however, for native-English speakers, reading the text is a bit of a headache. I would also like to state the obvious and say that I'm not looking for monetary compensation (or any compensation at all that is...). So if you're interested in an extra person going through your text, I'll be more than happy to assist you. If you're interested, just reply or send me a private message.

I think that a game's grammar and spelling are some of the most important things in a game that almost entirely relies on its text, in this case, Ren'py games and visual novels. Many games are amazing in the art and story factor, but are a complete pain to get through due to the lanky grammar. Yours is a lot better than most, but isn't perfect.
You can add me to the list as a volunteer, as well, to help find bugs, errors, etc. I think you'll find that a lot of us here will be glad to help.
Thank you so much for offering your help! This is really generous of you. I'll be happy to contact you, when I get something ready that can be checked.

I'm really happy for finding f95zone forum as it has a lot of great people! I hope I'll be able to make a good game with all your help, and many people will be able to enjoy playing it.

Reactions: Ginji

T_L_o_U

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2017
My comment was not so much a criticism of your choice, but the game description implied seduction of daughter. I felt the various posts were confusing. Seemed like the game focus was elsewhere and sex with your daughter was more of a current event not a goal or milestone in game
I'm not sure if I understood you correctly when you posted your first comment about the game, so I'll try to post how I see the game idea. The description says about the oral sex with her as it's only a main character's dream, so the daughter corruption could be a rather long and intresting process. So it could be something, that is hard to get, I think it would be more intresting this way. And only after this target would be achieved, I'll try to change the focus of the game to something bigger. Like adding more characters to the game and building relationships with them.
I hope I got what your are saying/asking :)
If not, please, let me know that and I'll try to show my view on the game.
And thank you for posting comments here!

T_L_o_U

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2017
Hey, keep up the great work. The art isn't perfect but I've seen you already make a few posts in this thread of you polishing everything up. I'm really excited about this game.
Thank you for your comment! I'm really trying to improve all the parts of the game, especially the art part. As everything is very new for me in game development/drawing my work changes very much as the time passes and I hope it will only improve with the passed time. If you have anything specific about the art part (or any other part of the game) you would like to be improved, feel free to share here in the comment or you can PM me if you'd like.

Thjis

May 19, 2017
I'm not sure if I understood you correctly when you posted your first comment about the game, so I'll try to post how I see the game idea. The description says about the oral sex with her as it's only a main character's dream, so the daughter corruption could be a rather long and intresting process. So it could be something, that is hard to get, I think it would be more intresting this way. And only after this target would be achieved, I'll try to change the focus of the game to something bigger. Like adding more characters to the game and building relationships with them.
I hope I got what your are saying/asking :)
If not, please, let me know that and I'll try to show my view on the game.
And thank you for posting comments here!
Think you did, so my origional post is wrong. However my second response "might be right". I was confused, I would like to say ot was your post.... however it could of bern me. Congrats on getting the game this far

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
@T_L_o_U
I did a little research for you about using regular expressions, fuzzy or partial matches in Renpy. It looks like it's not possible.
However, since Renpy is written in Python, it is possible to create a Python script and call it from the Renpy game script.
It's already been done in 2013 to create a classic ELIZA "chat bot" in Renpy:

Most matches there (in the therapist.py script) are pretty basic, but since it's Python, more complex regular expressions can be used. It looks like this is the solution that you need.

I hope that it gives you some idea about how to proceed with your game development.

T_L_o_U

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2017
@T_L_o_U
I did a little research for you about using regular expressions, fuzzy or partial matches in Renpy. It looks like it's not possible.
However, since Renpy is written in Python, it is possible to create a Python script and call it from the Renpy game script.
It's already been done in 2013 to create a classic ELIZA "chat bot" in Renpy:

Most matches there (in the therapist.py script) are pretty basic, but since it's Python, more complex regular expressions can be used. It looks like this is the solution that you need.

I hope that it gives you some idea about how to proceed with your game development.
Thank you for your help, really appreciate that! I'll take a look at the topic.
By the way, I've got the idea for such a feature in the game while I was looking through the lemmasoft forum. But not with Eliza, with Ailleen

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
Hey everybody! I've been playing with Ellie's look and decided to try making her blond and with blue eyes. What do you think about her new look?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can you put up a pic with her a red haired, so we can see how she look's in'it..... Sorry my English......

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017
Hey everybody! I've been playing with Ellie's look and decided to try making her blond and with blue eyes. What do you think about her new look?

The lighter hair makes it more visible with the dark background. Also noted that you made the breasts smaller again. I like both changes.

T_L_o_U

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2017
Now I'm thinking about making her look customizable. At least to be able to choose her hair and eyes color. But I'm not sure if it is something I should focus on for the next update. Maybe adding more content and only then making her customizable would be more logical.

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017
This one is even better. Stick with the red.

On a separate note, since this is technically a corruption game, although it would mean a bit more rendering, why not make Ellie sleep in clothes at first, but remove a piece at a time until she's naked. The masturbation scenes only start once she's topless. Only the unclothed parts are able to be chosen for the "ending" of the scene. That opens an entirely new avenue of gameplay if it can lead to having sex with the character while she sleeps.

T_L_o_U

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2017

On a separate note, since this is technically a corruption game, although it would mean a bit more rendering, why not make Ellie sleep in clothes at first, but remove a piece at a time until she's naked. The masturbation scenes only start once she's topless. Only the unclothed parts are able to be chosen for the "ending" of the scene. That opens an entirely new avenue of gameplay if it can lead to having sex with the character while she sleeps.
For the v0.01 I wanted to do something like that. I wanted her to sleep in some kind of pajama at first and only then, the player could give her something more revealing as a gift. Also, I wanted to add a possibility to find alcohol or sleeping pills that could influence her and player could undress her or have some more fun with her, while she is sleeping.
If I'm going to redraw her for the next update (as this is the oldest art in the game and I think it can be really improved), I'll add some features like that.

T_L_o_U

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2017

Also, what do you think about her face? Her hair color isn't the main question for me right now. I'm a little worried if her face looks appealing enough and if the changes are good. Because her face is the main reason I cannot start making new scenes. As her look has to be defined, so I won't need to redraw a lot of scenes in the future.

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017
For the v0.01 I wanted to do something like that. I wanted her to sleep in some kind of pajama at first and only then, the player could give her something more revealing as a gift. Also, I wanted to add a possibility to find alcohol or sleeping pills that could influence her and player could undress her or have some more fun with her, while she is sleeping.
If I'm going to redraw her for the next update (as this is the oldest art in the game and I think it can be really improved), I'll add some features like that.
If you're going to use artificial means to make her comply, then it needs to have negative consequences later in game. For instance, the chronic use of alcohol or sleeping pills on Ellie makes her dependent upon them, and damages your relationship toward the end game. You may also look at the possibility of creating different forks for Ellie and MC's relationship, such as a romance route, which is slower, but makes her more willing to do things with the MC voluntarily; the drugged / drinking route, which makes her do things faster, but ends up either killing her, or causes her to kill MC in the end if relationship points are too low; or the BDSM route (a fork of the spanking actions) that allows the character to building some interesting devices to use on Ellie, but has some drawbacks, as well. I'm not telling you how to make YOUR game, but just throwing some ideas at you... and possibly adding to your workload.

I think that her face is a little too androgynous at the moment. A little too boyish. I'm not sure what to tell you on fixing it, but take her "age" into account and search for something appropriate.

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016

I agree with you......

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes