Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
Man how do some of these games make so much money with so little content.
lol. Nope just really really bad optimization on the devs part. On average you are going to see 8gb as the recommended. with 12gb being higher end.
The dev is probably running a lot of code on tick/frame rather then properly coding for things to trigger when needed no tall the time.
1. To many dependency/things hardcoded. (asynchronous load when possible) Soft is better than hard references.
2. Running to many delays /code that is on frame / tick
3. Having too big of texture assets or not a proper way adjust textures though video options.
4. Not having proper set up of lods.
5.Physicson all the time even if objects are far out of range can causse lag as well.
5. Hair can be costly as fuck too. Which is why most op to not use groom and use Cards / animation with bones.
6. Not using world partitions or proper grids. division for large open world games.
7. For levels not using level streaming.
8. Moving from BPs to C++ (although this is really not needed if everything is properly done, its more for the maximum performance.)
But yolo the game is making bank.
so how one should set things up ? (i happen to be a retard on this topic)
can you elaborate on these points ?
for example shold he make game check relative time and calculate things only when player is near and set/spawn things accordingly based on this ? do i get this one right ?
i'm a sucker for understaanding technical optimization issues (mostly cause i hope to run doom on my toaster unironically)

56Bot

Oct 2, 2021
The dev isn't actually a dev. He's a 3D artist. Sure this game has really little content, and runs really poorly, but one's gotta admit : the characters are nice-looking.

anonnom

Jul 7, 2017
The dev isn't actually a dev. He's a 3D artist. Sure this game has really little content, and runs really poorly, but one's gotta admit : the characters are nice-looking.
yeah, but at one time the game ran pretty smooth.

3.60 star(s) 24 Votes