3.00 star(s) 17 Votes

KofiCatto

Dec 28, 2018
I downloaded this 10gb game just to be stuck at the give cabbage mission. After picking up the cabbages and talking to the blacksmith, the screen turns black while the balcksmith says something about the chef

Reactions: FeroZzZ and Mizrael

Spudgy

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2020
why is kravchenko in this game? View attachment 1740279
omg, lol
it's funny that he looks alike, but it's just a coincidence
I downloaded this 10gb game just to be stuck at the give cabbage mission. After picking up the cabbages and talking to the blacksmith, the screen turns black while the balcksmith says something about the chef
probably an old bug, was fixed already
try to save a game and load it from the main menu, i will take a look soon

Spudgy

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2020
this is a hotfix for the black screen issue
unzip to Magissy\Content\Paks
If you have done everything correctly, the main menu will display version 0.2.5c in top left corner :cool:

Reactions: KofiCatto

pugsallnight

Jan 30, 2022
Dude, I hope you realize that optimization is usually done after the game is ready.
If your 10gb game is consuming 10 gb of ram, you stop doing everything and handle this problem first. If you keep adding new content instead of fixing this major issue, it kinda means a big "f u if you're not rich enough to afford a high-end pc for this very simple game".

It's kinda understandable tho, since the guys who would make the big donations can already own a monster pc. But then you add a simple warning about minimum system requirements.

Raistln

Oct 24, 2021
If your 10gb game is consuming 10 gb of ram, you stop doing everything and handle this problem first. If you keep adding new content instead of fixing this major issue, it kinda means a big "f u if you're not rich enough to afford a high-end pc for this very simple game".

It's kinda understandable tho, since the guys who would make the big donations can already own a monster pc. But then you add a simple warning about minimum system requirements.
Are you serious? Who doesn't have atleast 16 gb of ram on a gaming pc these days. You don't have to be rich, hell ram is pretty cheap. Spend $30 - $40 and get another stick of ram (I know it's just too expensive right).
I bought a MSI laptop that was almost $200 cheaper because it only had 8gb of ram instead of 16gb, spent $35 on a decent stick, and there ya go. And yes I'm playing this just fine on a $1050 laptop +35 for the extra ram (I'm so rich I saved for a few months to get it) with a 10750, RTX 3060, and 16gb 3600 ram and I haven't had any serious issues.
Only problems like setting reverting back (solved that by editing file) and super long load time on intro video (happened twice when I first started playing then just plays normal).

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Some initial feedback since I'm trying out your game.

Not sure why setting game resolution settings is blacked out in your game while in fullscreen or borderless. Have to be in windowed to be able to change it, and this is a problem because ultrawide does not work correctly in your game. It zooms the image in (only in-game, not in the main menu from what I can see) which cuts off screen real estate and stands out immediately when you talk to the guy and half his head is cut off cause it's so zoomed in lol.

I would recommend either adding ultrawide support or forcing 16:9 with black bars when using an ultrawide resolution. Even fiddling around into where you can select your resolution (in this case a non ultrawide one) it instead stretches the image which isn't what you want.

pugsallnight

Jan 30, 2022
Are you serious? Who doesn't have atleast 16 gb of ram on a gaming pc these days. You don't have to be rich, hell ram is pretty cheap. Spend $30 - $40 and get another stick of ram (I know it's just too expensive right).
I bought a MSI laptop that was almost $200 cheaper because it only had 8gb of ram instead of 16gb, spent $35 on a decent stick, and there ya go. And yes I'm playing this just fine on a $1050 laptop +35 for the extra ram (I'm so rich I saved for a few months to get it) with a 10750, RTX 3060, and 16gb 3600 ram and I haven't had any serious issues.
Only problems like setting reverting back (solved that by editing file) and super long load time on intro video (happened twice when I first started playing then just plays normal).
I am serious and i am pretty sure thousands of people downloaded the game and weren't able to play at all. For what? For dev trying to encrypt the entire assets instead of just index. (which is easily crackable all the same)

Also i just got my 64gb ddr5 system with rtx3050 and i9 12900k processor. But i'm not gonna donate or play it.

I mostly create 3d models and PBR textures for games husheddeath05. I'm clever enough to know that it takes too many experienced developers working together to create a stable open-world game. Especially if you can't even track your game's data flow.

husheddeath05

Sep 5, 2018
pugsallnight
you're missing the point. The point is you are giving toxic feedback. The game runs perfectly fine on a bunch of people's rigs, mine included. Is it optimized? Not by a long shot. I've purchased MANY "AAA" titles that were also NOT optimized, so what?

While the content of what you are saying could be helpful( encrypt the entire assets instead of just index), you're delivery is crappy and unhelpful. If you want to provide some feedback to the developer, do it constructively. If you want to be a dick, go play LoL with the rest of your squeaky trollybear friends.

No one cares about how "clever" you are, or what you do, or your... meh.. new system (3050, lol - hope you got a good deal on it) so long as you're polluting threads with dogshit flaming posts. If you want to leave well thought out, useful and constructive criticism, you'll find pretty much everyone is all ears, and maybe even interested in what you have to say.
To date, though, you're just as helpful as the special kids complaining about VR games because they don't have a VR set.

Reactions: Raistln

Raistln

Oct 24, 2021
I am serious and i am pretty sure thousands of people downloaded the game and weren't able to play at all. For what? For dev trying to encrypt the entire assets instead of just index. (which is easily crackable all the same)

Also i just got my 64gb ddr5 system with rtx3050 and i9 12900k processor. But i'm not gonna donate or play it.

I mostly create 3d models and PBR textures for games husheddeath05. I'm clever enough to know that it takes too many experienced developers working together to create a stable open-world game. Especially if you can't even track your game's data flow.
I totally agree husheddeath05 here. Even after the full game is released, a ton of AAA games are not properly optimized and still have a butt ton of issues that takes them months or years to solve. This game is still in development and unlike those AAA game companies, has a creator that is actually listening and responding to peoples feadback (which is why it's here btw) on pretty much every issue, including the numerous posts well before your saying they know it's not optimized yet and they are working on it.

It's good that you want to keep your rendering comp and your gaming different (which you listed the specs of just the rendering comp). You're saying you know more than these experienced developers here, yet you buy a 3050 arguably one of the worst cards in existance with only 4 gb ram to do graphics rendering. Wow really. If you knew so much about it, then why a 3050. The amount of ram would be pretty good for rendering and the cpu would be good too, but why skimp on one of the 3 most important parts of a rendering system?

Noxyfoxy

Sep 23, 2020

Dude I hope you realize there's many AAA titles that if you don't even have 12 gb of ram you can't even run it smoothly 16 you should be able to run most games without much issue 32 you shouldn't have any issues

pugsallnight

Jan 30, 2022
pugsallnight
you're missing the point. The point is you are giving toxic feedback. The game runs perfectly fine on a bunch of people's rigs, mine included. Is it optimized? Not by a long shot. I've purchased MANY "AAA" titles that were also NOT optimized, so what?

While the content of what you are saying could be helpful( encrypt the entire assets instead of just index), you're delivery is crappy and unhelpful. If you want to provide some feedback to the developer, do it constructively. If you want to be a dick, go play LoL with the rest of your squeaky trollybear friends.

No one cares about how "clever" you are, or what you do, or your... meh.. new system (3050, lol - hope you got a good deal on it) so long as you're polluting threads with dogshit flaming posts. If you want to leave well thought out, useful and constructive criticism, you'll find pretty much everyone is all ears, and maybe even interested in what you have to say.
To date, though, you're just as helpful as the special kids complaining about VR games because they don't have a VR set.
I'm not giving a toxic feedback. I advised dev to focus on hardware optimization rather than adding contents so he can reach to a much bigger gamer portion.

It is you guys who made it toxic. I've just written my review and went on, dev may either listen to me or not. But then you started intoxicating my comment with unnecessary passive-aggressive attitude. So i had to explain the problem in a more strict way.

I totally agree husheddeath05 here. Even after the full game is released, a ton of AAA games are not properly optimized and still have a butt ton of issues that takes them months or years to solve. This game is still in development and unlike those AAA game companies, has a creator that is actually listening and responding to peoples feadback (which is why it's here btw) on pretty much every issue, including the numerous posts well before your saying they know it's not optimized yet and they are working on it.

It's good that you want to keep your rendering comp and your gaming different (which you listed the specs of just the rendering comp). You're saying you know more than these experienced developers here, yet you buy a 3050 arguably one of the worst cards in existance with only 4 gb ram to do graphics rendering. Wow really. If you knew so much about it, then why a 3050. The amount of ram would be pretty good for rendering and the cpu would be good too, but why skimp on one of the 3 most important parts of a rendering system?
we don't use gpu for 3d rendering. we use cpu. you can simply check v-ray benchmark list and see how bad gpu's perform on raytracing computations. i use 3050 for only real-time preview.

gpu is actually the least important part when it comes to rendering. render farms don't even use gpu. they use threadripper or xeon processors and that's all. stop commenting on things that you have no idea.

husheddeath05

Sep 5, 2018
pugsallnight - So first off, your response alone just proves the point more. Just stop.
Second, as was stated previously - in what world does optimization come before content? It just doesn't even make sense.

The core of your 'feedback' as you've called it is sound. Yes - no shit, the game will need some polish before it's completed. However, everything else you've said with your poor attempt to sound astute on matters has been completely off. We get it, you're so cool. No one cares. Take your toxic-ness elsewhere. K, thx bai!

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
What does the furry tag entail here?
Does(or will) this contain the strong stuff or just that weak ears and a tail thing?

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
we don't use gpu for 3d rendering. we use cpu. you can simply check v-ray benchmark list and see how bad gpu's perform on raytracing computations. i use 3050 for only real-time preview.

gpu is actually the least important part when it comes to rendering. render farms don't even use gpu. they use threadripper or xeon processors and that's all. stop commenting on things that you have no idea.
There is just so much wrong here it's insane. I guess Crysis running in software emulation on a 64 core CPU should run better than a native GPU many years old (spoiler it doesn't), I guess nvidia's RTX cards don't need raytracing cores at all since it runs better off the CPU (spoiler it doesnt).

That's not to say you CAN'T render still images with a CPU etc, and some software even offer combined CPU&GPU to do the workload but GPU's in majority of cases is the most important part to rendering visual images, let alone in real time.

• Haha
Reactions: EpicHentaiGamer69

pugsallnight

Jan 30, 2022
There is just so much wrong here it's insane. I guess Crysis running in software emulation on a 64 core CPU should run better than a native GPU many years old (spoiler it doesn't), I guess nvidia's RTX cards don't need raytracing cores at all since it runs better off the CPU (spoiler it doesnt).

That's not to say you CAN'T render still images with a CPU etc, and some software even offer combined CPU&GPU to do the workload but GPU's in majority of cases is the most important part to rendering visual images, let alone in real time.
Yes it might be wrong in some cases since blender and some other gpu optimized softwares have enabled the gpu-relied rendering process. Still it is clearly idiotic for someone making fun of a person's gpu choice without knowing what kind of process he is using.

All the same, this project has nothing to do with rendering at all. All i said is "entire game folder gets dumped into ram becouse game files are completely encrypted". Which is a very poor choice to protect your games integrity. It just takes one simple action on unreal engine to solve it.

It's not even optimization. It's just common sense that "not entire game files need to be dumped on ram all the time". I'm being blamed to be toxic just for saying that.

So this is how you guys roll? Pointing out a very obvious massive failure - which could've been prevented in a matter of seconds - is being toxic? Fair enough. I'm off, have fun.

3.00 star(s) 17 Votes