Last Update
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:49 pm

Version

changelog
0.6.8 Roommate content, more Bailey dominant route

link 1.72gb:
Mega

have fun

Story: Added a bit of more content down Baileys dominant route, at the diner, accessible by going to the diner uncaged and while aroused. A bit more to the room-mate, though this is mostly just smalltalk stuff meant to introduce a new system. And a bit of new stuff with the gloryhole content, meaning once you use the gloryhole five times, you unlock a new place.

Code: Just generally tweaked some things here and there, made my randomized video system a bit more efficient and added maybe, five hundred or so new videos to the gloryhole section.

Art: Still waiting on my artist, he's taking his time, but hey, less work for me :p .

Naitogādian

Staying Mysterious
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
The Making of a Slut v0.6.8 Compressed*
All: - - -

Original Size:1.72 GB
Compressed Size:184 MB

*This unofficial version is not released by the developer, it may break the game.

austinhaney6969

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
The Making of a Slut v0.6.8 Compressed*
All: MEGA - - -

Original Size:1.72 GB
Compressed Size:184 MB

*This unofficial version is not released by the developer, it may break the game.
What software do you use to compress the game so much? I could probably just compress it myself if I knew :p

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
What software do you use to compress the game so much? I could probably just compress it myself if I knew :p
Not sure what exactly they use, but I know a lot of them convert the images to .webp and the videos to .webm and that saves a ton of space all by itself.

austinhaney6969

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Not sure what exactly they use, but I know a lot of them convert the images to .webp and the videos to .webm and that saves a ton of space all by itself.
The videos are already in webm format, and make up most of the games files size, like 1.5 out of 1.7 gigs. I'm just wondering HOW they're getting them so compressed. I'd wager there's some quality loss there, or maybe they're just using a better compression algorithm for the zip file itself.

Azriel Satan

Jul 27, 2017
The videos are already in webm format, and make up most of the games files size, like 1.5 out of 1.7 gigs. I'm just wondering HOW they're getting them so compressed. I'd wager there's some quality loss there, or maybe they're just using a better compression algorithm for the zip file itself.
I dont know exactly what they are using, but I can tell you they have changed the files from VP8 codec to VP9 codec and massively dropped the bitrate.

My personal recommendation would be switching from a VP8 to AV1 Codec.
With effectively lossless recode your looking at the files being reduced to 1/3 of their size, with a bit of blurring on details it can be brought down to 1/9 of their size (of course the burring is not as bad if you still have the higher quality versions).

Sadly AV1 support is not fully rolled out, but even switching to a near lossless VP9 will still considerably cut the size.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
AV1 doesn't yet have the support that VP9 does in terms of hardware or software, I would hesitate to recommend it for general use.

Naitogādian

Staying Mysterious
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
For a game like this with several videos I create multiple game file folders and just use Ren'Py & RPGM MV Game Compactor by [bas] F95ZONE it's just easier for me and works just as good as anything else. RPGM MV compressor just looks for Audio, Video, and Pictures in a WWW folder, Ren'Py is the same except it looks for a GAME folder.

• Wow
Reactions: jeje33

Azriel Satan

Jul 27, 2017
AV1 doesn't yet have the support that VP9 does in terms of hardware or software, I would hesitate to recommend it for general use.
ah, yes your right, I hadn't realized that windows still has it as "beta" support.
Well its not as good as it could be with AV1 (one day we will have it), but VP9 will still make a considerable dent in the total file size even re-encoding at near lossless. (probably about 1/4th of the games size shaved off)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
ah, yes your right, I hadn't realized that windows still has it as "beta" support.
Well its not as good as it could be with AV1 (one day we will have it), but VP9 will still make a considerable dent in the total file size even re-encoding at near lossless. (probably about 1/4th of the games size shaved off)
Even if you install the codec there are issues with hardware decoding to consider; you won't get it on an older machine and will an older machine be able to handle decoding on the CPU? A HTML game with a 'minimum system requirement' of a GeForce 30 series card is probably not a great idea.

3.40 star(s) 21 Votes