VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
Was the path where Hannah gets abused removed, or have we just not made it back up to that point yet?

Also, with the ability to help Miss Miller at her house gone, her giving us the spiel that she is alone after the Friday night thing makes no sense since we have no idea who any of these people are...and her saying something about Alyssa is weird too since I don't think we can see her outside of her talking about her being abused.

Randallflagg1

Mar 2, 2020
Ok i've gone over this thread with a fine tooth comb looking for an updated walkthrough and couldn't find one. The only one i found is for an older version and the pathing decision language dosen't match in the game. Anyone have a current one to upload? please? There have been several posts asking for one.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I'm not sure Why people is unhappy with the rewrite....

Just finsished it and it is just as good as the original.

So for me...I'm so glad it's back.... I would not even say the other one is abandoned....more like a normal reboot... a lot of games are changed like this. With some even whole engines are changed or changed from sandbox to linear or vice versa...Enjoyed it very much...

Can not wait for next update.
This isn't the first rework. Hell it isn't even the 2nd. Or the third. He's essentially been reworking the same intro for almost two years.

I have zero interest to play a yet another one of his "reworks" with no additional content when it didn't have much content to begin with. I mean I am not one of his patrons (thank god) but I doubt any of them care about a rework for content they've already seen two years ago. They likely like the rest of us want the story to actually f'n progress.

If the Dev is blocked and doesn't know how to progress the story then just be honest with people.

Last edited:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
This isn't the first rework. Hell it isn't even the 2nd. Or the third. He's essentially been reworking the same intro for almost two years.

I have zero interest to play a yet another one of his "reworks" with no additional content when it didn't have much content to begin with. I mean I am not one of his patrons (thank god) but I doubt any of them care about a rework for content they've already seen two years ago. They likely like the rest of us want the story to actually f'n progress.

If the Dev is blocked and doesn't know how to progress the story then just be honest with people.
Well the story is caught up with the old story now...So we will see progress now one way or other, or the game will die.

I'm invested in the story now, and was glad to play the reboot, to get a refresher.

I'm hoping for the story to progress now since the Dev should have everything in a format he wants since he did the rewrite.

Only time will tell.

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018
the mc has no idea what's going on
either the mc gets some knowledge about what's happening and he solves not everything but starts solving issues one by one
or mc should be beta submissive
then the vn would be a lot better
and was hoping for a lot more content since i played it a long time ago, i guess it was a prologue or demo at the time and it's really been a long time

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
I just think the story went no where from what I played.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All in all I understand where people could like this game if they have no issues with the MC, I just think it was not my cup of tea as I was waiting for some reason on where the MC has some redeeming qualities and a reason to get invested in him and his life. But it was just a tour of what a soulless person he was. Not an in depth review or anything, just something that struck me at least for my play through.
I just ignore the backstory and plot and find that helps. Haven't liked the wife since she slapped the daughter so don't feel bad about cheating with her sister. I just ignore the wife as much as possible. Treating it as a harem game. After writing all that I realize I should probably quit playing it. Doesn't seem like I like this game.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So is "Defending Lydia Collier" considered part 2? If not, help a brother out please. Regards.

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Patreon post

After that I've decided as I'm probably going to be in my room until September as I doubt university will re-open, I'm going to defer slightly from my original plan and release a full Shadows over Manston update to make sure I'm not looking at the same models for the next 5 months solid. Then I will continue Defending Lydia Collier until it is complete.

vekker

Jun 26, 2017
Im a little confused. it says current version is The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston Retold 0.2 Bugfix but when i download it says 1.1b?

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Im a little confused. it says current version is The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston Retold 0.2 Bugfix but when i download it says 1.1b?
The title, download and changelog are all similar, so assume it is that version, someone just missed updating the text.

Reactions: Varyar21

valvargar

Jul 10, 2019
the old version has more choice and the start can make sense with the possible divorce papers.
the new version u can skip the bad guys story.
i dont like the wife/fiancee that slaps her daugther.

Reactions: Vainglorious

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Here is a walkthrough I did for this game! Please enjoy, and as always thank you to my teacher Qleaf.

Edit: Updated to v2.2

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 37 Votes