VN Ren'Py The Mason Gambit [Ch.10] [CorForce Productions]

3.20 star(s) 49 Votes

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Hi guys, quick question. I left the game two updates ago because I was not feeling comfortable with how the author was a little too focused on slut-shaming for my likes. In the first chapters it was okay, you have your values, that's fine, but by the time I put the game on hold it was starting to affect the main story and I didn't like that. So... can you tell me if the author is sticking to his crusade for slut-shaming and a wife for life and all that? Thanks!
Wife for life? Only one?

snake_27

May 23, 2020
Call of Booty I'm not talking about only one wife for the the MC, maybe I didn't express it correctly. I was talking about how it seemed that a women shouldn't have more than one relationship in her life, the game made that very clear in a couple of occasions. And in contrast we have a harem approach, so I don't quite understand this mixture of slut-shaming and harem...

michael1984
I don't understand the facepalm, I just asked a question respectfully. Not only that, in my previous message in this thread I make it clear that I think this game is really good. Quoting myself "The game is amazing, it's incredibly well made, the main plot is superb and I don't mind the lack of options at all." I'm just saying that I don't share the slut-shaming that this game presents. And BTW, when the game is a harem like this I think it's a little hypocritical.

Reactions: botc76

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Call of Booty I'm not talking about only one wife for the the MC, maybe I didn't express it correctly. I was talking about how it seemed that a women shouldn't have more than one relationship in her life, the game made that very clear in a couple of occasions. And in contrast we have a harem approach, so I don't quite understand this mixture of slut-shaming and harem...

michael1984
I don't understand the facepalm, I just asked a question respectfully. Not only that, in my previous message in this thread I make it clear that I think this game is really good. Quoting myself "The game is amazing, it's incredibly well made, the main plot is superb and I don't mind the lack of options at all." I'm just saying that I don't share the slut-shaming that this game presents. And BTW, when the game is a harem like this I think it's a little hypocritical.
That was sarcasm,cuz he is planning 3 wives minimum,well not him actually...You better see it yourself

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017

michael1984
Slut shaming u mean the biological mom of the mc ?

She is the definition of the biggest slut she done the mc his friends and neighbourhood boys

Other then that there has not been really any slut shaming

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Hi guys, quick question. I left the game two updates ago because I was not feeling comfortable with how the author was a little too focused on slut-shaming for my likes. In the first chapters it was okay, you have your values, that's fine, but by the time I put the game on hold it was starting to affect the main story and I didn't like that. So... can you tell me if the author is sticking to his crusade for slut-shaming and a wife for life and all that? Thanks!
There was more to it than slut shaming as you call it. Did you read the story? The issue was his dad left his mom and got custody of him. Dad would never tell him about the mom. So when he learned what she did he was shocked, hurt, and ashamed. This guy is a little different from your typical man whore Protagonist but to answer your question there is one phone call with the mom's friend or sister not sure it wasn't really clarified who she really was but she was the one who encouraged the mom's behavior. There was also one conversation between him and Allison and then nothing more. So he basically cuts ties with the mom and moves on. So no more slut shaming as you call it. But you have to remember all the emotional and psych damage all this did. He ran off and joined the military because of the issues between him and his dad which a big part was dad leaving his mom with little or no explanation. MC somehow never knew his mom was doing his classmates (yes plural) and cheating on his dad. He thought dad just took on a mistress or mistreated mom. So, when he found out the truth from her he lost it. So you're whole slut shaming thing is kind of invalid. He reacted how a lot of sons would. Even though this is a harem story the outside factors and relationships are a little more real world and less fantasy driven. Sorry if you were looking for some mommy cest swinging cuck fest but the dev states clearly in the OP that none of that is going to happen. Btw great update. Nice momentum on the story and the ending of chapter 6 was great. Can't wait to see what's next.

Last edited:

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
If by slut-shaming you mean the scene at the bench between MC and Nicole and some dialogue here and there. That is the extent to what the slut-shaming is present. Most of that slut-shaming was about making fun of another VN. If you think about it there are a lot of references to other VNs through dialogue and even some characters are based on other VNs for comedic effect or for shits & giggles.

On the other hand the conservative values angle has some weight on the plot because it is the MC who is in need of convincing. The women are the ones that are buttering him up. The dialogue that they had (the slut-shaming) gets some references later in the game for contrast with the new development pertaining to polyamory and how the MC needs to come to terms with it.

Just know that if you don't have extensive knowledge of VNs and pop culture you will most likely get more WTF moments. Although the author might have noticed it and has started to point some of those in a more obvious way.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
There was more to it than slut shaming as you call it. Did you read the story? The issue was his dad left his mom and got custody of him. Dad would never tell him about the mom. So when he learned what she did he was shocked, hurt, and ashamed. This guy is a little different from your typical man whore Protagonist but to answer your question there is one phone call with the mom's friend or sister not sure it wasn't really clarified who she really was but she was the one who encouraged the mom's behavior. There was also one conversation between him and Allison and then nothing more. So he basically cuts ties with the mom and moves on. So no more slut shaming as you call it. But you have to remember all the emotional and psych damage all this did. He ran off and joined the military because of the issues between him and his dad which a big part was dad leaving his mom with little or no explanation. MC somehow never knew his mom was doing his classmates (yes plural) and cheating on his dad. He thought dad just took on a mistress or mistreated mom. So, when he found out the truth from her he lost it. So you're whole slut shaming thing is kind of invalid. He reacted how a lot of sons would. Even though this is a harem story the outside factors and relationships are a little more real world and less fantasy driven. Sorry if you were looking for some mommy cest swinging cuck fest but the dev states clearly in the OP that none of that is going to happen. Btw great update. Nice momentum on the story and the ending of chapter 6 was great. Can't wait to see what's next.
I doubt anyone will want Ms. Crabs and STD'S close to their pps. :ROFLMAO:

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
Very good story with tons of potential. I know it is NOT to have much adult content but there is so much room to fit it in. Seems that it could and would add to the dynamic of the story. Give the MC a chance to have a number 1 girl for himself and a family. You would not even take away from a good story by adding that in.

darius25

Jun 26, 2019
Allsion is kinda of a bitch XD guy says good day sirs gets ripped into for zero reason she went from 8/10 to a 4/10 she seems like a femnazi to the max
JEUES christ other crazy one nicole needs a fucking doctor she is so dumb its a joke i have seen all sorts of reason for being a virgin but her rant gave me a mental stroke soild 2/10 so far the only good female characters are the family who are pretty good the male mc also is kinda off

Side note MILF is the best

Last edited:

Erixas

Jul 24, 2021
Why is there no controls/options for textbox transparency and text size/colour. These few minor UI tweaks would make games so much more enjoyable

Reactions: ziggy81

Leox1x

Sep 1, 2018
F me ..but this is one of the most boring game(of this type) that i have ever play.

Domdeyso

Jan 23, 2018
The MC's mother will appear later in the story, not for a scene but for a closing of her relationship with the MC I always like to know what happened to the person who fucked the MC I usually like it when the person who did it is in the Shit. I haven't played it yet so I asked for an idea.

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Really enjoying it so far... Chapter 3 and the only thing that I have found frustrating so far is Nicole's name in [for me] an unreadable blue font; it's a contrast thingy.

I have no idea who will be the LI [I am guessing this will be by choice?] but if I were to choose it would be Stack ;)

xinkala

Bonk
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
Really enjoying it so far... Chapter 3 and the only thing that I have found frustrating so far is Nicole's name in [for me] an unreadable blue font; it's a contrast thingy.

I have no idea who will be the LI [I am guessing this will be by choice?] but if I were to choose it would be Stack ;)
That harem game dude. you don't need to choice :KEK: you'll get everyone anyway(or almost everyone)

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Watermelon and ham??? I love watermelon, but a combo of "normal" melon and parma ham [or anything similar, thin cut] is LUSH.

But what really isn't lush is the judgemental and vindictive nature of the MC. I mean really, to infect your own mother because you don't agree with her life choices? Wow!? Looking at you, BaasB.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 49 Votes