RPGM Completed The Mercenary's Adventure [v3.004] [Takamakuran]

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes
Jan 15, 2021
So you're telling me that over 50% of the new content is female MC getting raped? I'm not interested in the slightest, it's a shame because this is probably my favorite game of his.
Glossing over the pictures there are probably some new scenes here and there in ng+ but I don't know for sure. Started new game+ played until I reached the City, so far nothing new.

May 21, 2017
I tried downloading VIA Zippy, and i'm having the same issue. The game gives out an error when starting a new game. o its the problem on how the game is uploaded.

TitmusPrime

Apr 28, 2017
If you have this error
View attachment 1836567
You need to transfer RPG Maker Ace to the game.

If you have this error after that
View attachment 1836571
You need to copy this symbol " 「" go to The Mercenary's Adventure\Graphics\Tilesets search for "üustil02" and replace "üu" with this 「 thing. If anybody else was wonderring

(Sorry if my english is bad)
Hey, first of all thanks for taking the time to help out with this. I did as you said but it still shows the same error. If possible can you just share your working version of the stil02.png file instead?

Reactions: HALO81

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
You dont need any file to download from other people. If using WinRAR file archiver - just set correct codepage before you extract game from archive. Use codepage "932 (ANSI/OEM)".
1653778415897.png
This is common to winrar that it doesn't recognise it corretly. 7-zip may have same problem as WinRAR.
BandiZIP is way better with codepage detection.

Raging_Moose

Jun 9, 2020
You dont need any file to download from other people. If using WinRAR file archiver - just set correct codepage before you extract game from archive. Use codepage "932 (ANSI/OEM)".
View attachment 1837025
This is common to winrar that it doesn't recognise it corretly. 7-zip may have same problem as WinRAR.
BandiZIP is way better with codepage detection.
I'm using 7zip and downloaded it from gofile

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
I'm using 7zip and downloaded it from gofile
Than you have the error. 7zip doesn't recognise codepage. I tested it also with standard builtin Windows 10 "zip" extract tool in windows explorer - same thing. They don't extract files with correct characters (codepage).

Proof of working with Winrar, past the New Game screen:
1653779812183.png

Reactions: Fading soul
May 21, 2018
Is there a walkthrough for this out there somewhere? I beat the game in its original release version, but there is apparently tons of content I've missed, and would like to get to them without wandering around for hours.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Medianoche

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
This shit crashes constantly, like it has a memory leak. No error, just stops working
That's normal for Takamakuran's games, unfortunately. Fortunately, the developer added a "quickload" option, which automatically quicksaves after every battle and cutscene. The downside to this feature, however, is that you can only access this feature from the title screen. If you continue a save file and get into a new battle or cutscene, you will lose your quicksave data.

EDIT: I've found that turning off animations during battle can help lessen the crashes. If it gets bad, try lowering the combat speed. You can use both options while in-battle.

Last edited:
Reactions: at0c

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Is there a walkthrough for this out there somewhere? I beat the game in its original release version, but there is apparently tons of content I've missed, and would like to get to them without wandering around for hours.
Refer to #591 and a bit of #623. There's also other content that some users have reported are in the game, but can have you locked out of depending on your choices. Save before anything you think is major. Reminder, at the time that #591 was written, this was back before the update was still in Japanese. So I'm assuming that slimecrusher was writing based on what they thought was happening. Still, it's pretty reliable.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Medianoche
4.50 star(s) 34 Votes