RPGM Completed The Mercenary's Adventure [v3.004] [Takamakuran]

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes

Kale31

Aug 21, 2017
First is completely irrelevant as long as you have the RTP installed somewhere accessible. And yes, they wouldn't have different names if they weren't.
Where can I find rpg maker ace? Looks like I have the wrong one.

LocherUnited

Apr 15, 2020
Tried them all and I still get the error message
truth be told i dont really know what the error message is about.
All you need is:
- RPG Maker VX Ace RTP
- Japanese Locale
- restart your PC

Can you maybe post the error message?

PS: Your Game.ini file will tell you what RPG Maker RTP is required to play the game

Kale31

Aug 21, 2017
Okay so I figured out my problem and it was me being a dumbass.
I'm actually too embarrassed to say what I did wrong but I appreciate the help people. Thanks (y)

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
Hmm for Mercy routes, is there still a happy end to the bandit route? I try to go to the church but I'm locked from there and there's only a new bad end by going back to try to save the bandit who let you go.

As for the ones I've gotten
1653862191959.png
1653862210934.png
New from the old guide would be
Torn apart - Return to the bandit after being left go. Do all the actions of the old bandit route in the old guide and go back the way you came to get back to downtown (the box south of the brothel).
Living with lowlives - Interact with the slums people (3 different people each with 3 scenes) each of the 3 days and ask to stay there instead of being sold off to the noble. This is a branch of the old bandit leader route.
Destroyed by a giant - Go to the right building for 3 days during the bandit leader route.
Paired with a devil - during the living with lowlives route, on day 2 enter the item shop and talk to the boss. When asked if you want to wait it out or leave, leave and then ask the help when prompted. I assume you need to save the sewer devil for this route.
Eaten by slimes - bad end for the epilogue content when Mercy and Evals escape to Green Town. Not sure if this is granted for grabbing Evals hand or just for full completion of that route.
Settled in Southern Village - Good end for the epilogue content from above. Option unlocks after doing the bad end once and choosing to reverse time instead of new game+

Yazros

Mar 2, 2018
I keep getting this error. The game starts up fine but as soon as I press New Game this pops up. And yes, my locale is set to Japanese.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
The easy fix is to download the file from a couple pages back and putting it i the proper location but the core of it is that when you extracted it, the file name got screwed up. I assume you didn't have locale set then else your archive program messed up the character encoding.

Yazros

Mar 2, 2018
The easy fix is to download the file from a couple pages back and putting it i the proper location but the core of it is that when you extracted it, the file name got screwed up. I assume you didn't have locale set then else your archive program messed up the character encoding.
I've downloaded the file and restarted my computer multiple times trying to figure this out so I don't think my location not being set at the time of extracting the file is the issue. I also tried but renaming and downloading the tile and I'm still getting the error. I tried seeing if it the game will run on my old laptop running Windows 10 and there was no issues at all but when I try running it on my new laptop running Windows 11, I get the error.

Edit: Don't know what I did differently but it's working now.

Last edited:

Kurozaru

Aug 25, 2017
There is an old one on page 3, and a recent one with new stuff on page 30, but it probably wouldn't hurt for someone to post an updated one with everything compiled.

Having it hyperlinked to in the front page would be nice too.

LocherUnited

Apr 15, 2020
Does anyone have a guide written up for this game yet?
1653912143712.png
the old guide for it at still works fine.
All you need to do is make a duplicate save before you attack the first sorcerer (White Sorcerer).
This will ensure that you can do all the endings for the new Genderbend-artifact content.

SnootyPatooty

Nov 1, 2021
I've downloaded the file and restarted my computer multiple times trying to figure this out so I don't think my location not being set at the time of extracting the file is the issue. I also tried but renaming and downloading the tile and I'm still getting the error. I tried seeing if it the game will run on my old laptop running Windows 10 and there was no issues at all but when I try running it on my new laptop running Windows 11, I get the error.

Edit: Don't know what I did differently but it's working now.
I also have this problem, how do you solve it?

LocherUnited

Apr 15, 2020
Check within your folder if there are wonky filenames that may be a result of a faulty language encoding.
If that is the case then maybe look into where you bought/downloaded it.

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes