RPGM Completed The Mercenary's Adventure [v3.004] [Takamakuran]

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I can't fucking play it for some reason, even after getting the rtp
And that's terrible.

Not exactly an informative description of what the issue even is for anyone who might be able and willing to help, though.

Oct 10, 2021
I've been playing 3.004 and got to the end of my first run. Really loved it despite the constant crashes. Can someone tell me what other endings are available? Is it just a matter of that final choice after you beat the boss?

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
I've been playing 3.004 and got to the end of my first run. Really loved it despite the constant crashes. Can someone tell me what other endings are available? Is it just a matter of that final choice after you beat the boss?
There are 2 main ending routes, spare all the sorcerers or kill them all. Sparing them to the best of my knowledge is a single ending and just allows you to freely do post game stuff. Killing them all leads to a choice with Evil. Option 1 ends the game instantly while option 2 moves you to a free post game mode much like the sparing route but from memory you can't recruit any party members in this one. From here you can unlock the option 1 ending by talking to Evil in the devil village, the innkeeper ending in Green Town, and the Mercy endings if she successfully escaped from the aristocrat and moved to Green Town. Not sure if there's anything else I missed though since there's a lot of hidden stuff in this game.

Reactions: thecatcameback

Xorrak

May 25, 2020
I got it to work by using winrar
open the rar file then options, name encoding then japanese and extract it. Then make sure the game folder is not in a bunch of subfolders. Just drag it out so it's just that folder. Now it worked and no more errors.

Kurozaru

Aug 25, 2017
Did the update change where you get the mounted gun for Dog?
I could have sworn you got it along with the harness for beating Tosa Ken in the estate, or was it always just the Harness?

I can't remember...

sleestak

May 31, 2018
I got it to work by using winrar
open the rar file then options, name encoding then japanese and extract it. Then make sure the game folder is not in a bunch of subfolders. Just drag it out so it's just that folder. Now it worked and no more errors.
Legend mate. thanks

Oct 10, 2021
Did the update change where you get the mounted gun for Dog?
I could have sworn you got it along with the harness for beating Tosa Ken in the estate, or was it always just the Harness?

I can't remember...
I never wound up with the gun for the dog either. There were two harnesses too. One in the basement of the church and the one dropped by samurai dog. I wonder if it was a mistake the dev made?

Noobeginner

Dec 14, 2018
Okay, i am finally done.
For people who don't want to do all the steps themselves and just want to see how it ends:
Green Town Good Ending:
Green Town True Ending:
Did you mind sharing your save file for right before FemMC and Eval ending? I want to try out other choice. For some reason, by starting a new game and talking to Female Bandit about the noble stuff right after saving her, I bugged the questline making me locked out of Happy Aristocrat ending route.

So yeah, to anyone who saw this comment. If you started a new game, make sure NOT to hear her out right before you started the FemMC route. That means no new CG for Female Bandit too until you finish other stuff no 2nd scene.

Last edited:

Noobeginner

Dec 14, 2018
Dropping my save here. Other than the Inn keeper ending and FemMC Green Town scene, every scene is completed (including other FemMC scene and new content).

Reactions: 0101NeedAName

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
Did you mind sharing your save file for right before FemMC and Eval ending? I want to try out other choice. For some reason, by starting a new game and talking to Female Bandit about the noble stuff right after saving her, I bugged the questline making me locked out of Happy Aristocrat ending route.

So yeah, to anyone who saw this comment. If you started a new game, make sure NOT to hear her out right before you started the FemMC route. That means no new CG for Female Bandit too until you finish other stuff no 2nd scene.
Did you rape the slave at the bandit camp? That seems to lock you out of the happy aristocrat route. I was expecting it to change that route but it just locks you out of it. Also as a random tidbit, it's possible to beat the game without saving the zombie village but you can still attempt to do do the happy Mercy end but when you get to the zombie village, you're actually unable to progress since you haven't triggered the unblocking of the path to the necromancer lab. The story acts like you did finish the quest in the meantime but the zombies are still aggro on you.

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
what Endings can u get when become potif with sparing all sorcerer?
Best I can tell, that's the only ending available for that route. You're much more free to explore to do the optional bosses you missed as well as the new one on the island post game thing in that route though since you can still recruit party members.

Medianoche

Jul 16, 2017
Thanks to the new endings I finally understand what this character was going to be used for, it's a shame I certainly didn't use it, because it was already too explicit
ACTOR12-2.png

Noobeginner

Dec 14, 2018
Did you rape the slave at the bandit camp? That seems to lock you out of the happy aristocrat route. I was expecting it to change that route but it just locks you out of it. Also as a random tidbit, it's possible to beat the game without saving the zombie village but you can still attempt to do do the happy Mercy end but when you get to the zombie village, you're actually unable to progress since you haven't triggered the unblocking of the path to the necromancer lab. The story acts like you did finish the quest in the meantime but the zombies are still aggro on you.
Thanks man. I thought I just "do it" for the CG completion, but I guess there is karma for doing bad thing. BRB gonna speed run the entire game with debug tool (again)

Anyway, can you still get the settle with Inn keeper and FemMC ending without killing the sorcerer? Maybe I should try doing the black slime killing + FemMC route earlier before fighting the sorcerer.

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes