RPGM Completed The Mercenary's Adventure [v3.004] [Takamakuran]

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
Thanks man. I thought I just "do it" for the CG completion, but I guess there is karma for doing bad thing. BRB gonna speed run the entire game with debug tool (again)

Anyway, can you still get the settle with Inn keeper and FemMC ending without killing the sorcerer? Maybe I should try doing the black slime killing + FemMC route earlier before fighting the sorcerer.
You have to kill the sorcerers in order to get those endings since those endings require Merc to have nothing else to do with his life while sparing them gives him a purpose.

wahbast

Feb 11, 2020
You have to kill the sorcerers in order to get those endings since those endings require Merc to have nothing else to do with his life while sparing them gives him a purpose.
Which is rather odd to me that one of the happiest endings requires to kill all the sorcerers (and to let Evil go instead of staying with her) when sparing used to be the happiest, but I guess since you can just kill black slime on your own after sparing it's still about as good.

Maybe it's a matter of perspective on how that world operates and on if the sages should be allowed to live or rest, which is better? to rid the world of the sages and have the church decline on its own as its power diminishes, but is less and less necessary anyways in the new peace, or keep it around and attempt to reform the system so the sages can keep on living? A life in peace settled down or a life of struggle keeping the world safe?

As an aside does the fighting the Red Sage path (kill sages but decide not to destroy the statue) also allow you to do the new endings?

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
As an aside does the fighting the Red Sage path (kill sages but decide not to destroy the statue) also allow you to do the new endings?
There's no option to not break the statue to the best of my knowledge. The only option you have after killing the 3 sorcerers is to kill the Red Sorcerer or not but the only difference between the 2 choices is one leads to a boss battle where she forces you to kill her (unless come to think of it losing the fight gives a separate ending), or to kill her without that fight.

Forexer

Jan 10, 2019
i'm having this error after running the game, any idea how to fix this error?

1654178588799.png

Last edited:

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
Because of locale issues, that file didn't extract with the right file name. There are a couple ways to fix it, change locale and extract the game again, use WinRar with the proper character encoding settings, or get the file with the proper file name here.

NightbookOwl

Oct 23, 2019
Just wondering, but is there anyway to make the dog stronger? I can't seem to put anything on him aside from some items and a leather belt.

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
Main thing about the dog is that it can't equip monster parts so it's very limited on what you can put on it, mostly the one time per run accessories like the flat TP/HP regen stuff. Other than that the gun is the biggest jump in power for the dog but I can't remember where you get it. Best theory I have is that you can only get it from NG+ fighting the big dog at Warrior's mansion after getting the harness from it a previous run.

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
Just wondering, but is there anyway to make the dog stronger? I can't seem to put anything on him aside from some items and a leather belt.
The extra attack accessory on her isnt bad but dog doesnt keep up well. Her utility skills are still relevant though as a support role. The best use I found was spamming gun with everyone using AoE so that you can grind efficiently with 1 turn kills even against late mobs. I think at absurd levels dog becomes useful again because her growth rate is interesting (but I might be getting that mixed up with someone else). Also she had really weird hidden resistances in last version, I havent tested if theyre still there.

NightbookOwl

Oct 23, 2019
Anyone know what's the best farming spot to earn experience once you hit lvl 70? Also, is there like an exp boost accessories or something? And how to get them if it even exist.

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
Anyone know what's the best farming spot to earn experience once you hit lvl 70? Also, is there like an exp boost accessories or something? And how to get them if it even exist.
When you NG+, all characters get a passive exp boost and level cap increase.
20220603084002.png

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
Never seen that anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if it were in the game somewhere since there's a lot of secrets in this game.

Orochimiyu

Apr 22, 2018
Its too bad to have vulcan dog but only used in ending rute only cuz i need warrior and priest for Ultimate smash

Hey I like that Smug face
Smug.jpg

Reactions: YuriIsGood

NightbookOwl

Oct 23, 2019
Forest 1 (New Game+ only)
If it's not too much of trouble. Do you think you can screenshot the location of the item?

Never mind I just figured it out. You first need to obtain the item "Detector" (Location: Woods) after which it will enable you to finally spot the item (Location: Forest) on the ground next to the wooden bridge that's near the entrance leading to the forest depths. Hopefully this helps anyone when trying to grind for levels.

Last edited:

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
If it's not too much of trouble. Do you think you can screenshot the location of the item?

Never mind I just figured it out. You first need to obtain the item "Detector" (Location: Woods) after which it will enable you to finally spot the item (Location: Forest) on the ground next to the wooden bridge that's near the entrance leading to the forest depths. Hopefully this helps anyone when trying to grind for levels.
Where's the detector item exactly? I've never seen it before.

Reactions: Loki7878

NightbookOwl

Oct 23, 2019
Where's the detector item exactly? I've never seen it before.
Screenshot 2022-06-03 234941.png It's hidden in the trees nearby the entrance towards Greentown. It should look like a shiny dot that's blinking. How the item work is that the character whose holding it only get the benefits from it. The rest of the party doesn't. I also did some test and found out how the experience works after putting on the item. It goes like this.

((monster's experience)*2 ) + ((monster's experience)*2) * (0.50) = total experience earned

* = multiply

But that's just from what I know so far.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 34 Votes