RPGM Completed The Mercenary's Adventure [v3.004] [Takamakuran]

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes

HK51

Dec 11, 2017
While trying to launch on JoiPlay games of this creator (both this and "New Project"/"New Game"), encountered error even though I could play and finish them on pc. Error messages are similar and look as such:
Code:
Script ... line ...: ArgumentError occured.
not fully converted, ... bytes left

Fixed this error by unpacking game's Scripts.rvdata2 with rvpacker tool and changed in any found instance the next line:
Python:
GAME_TITLE  = load_data("Data/System.rvdata2").game_title.encode('SHIFT_JIS')
into:
Python:
GAME_TITLE  = load_data("Data/System.rvdata2").game_title
removing .encode('SHIFT_JIS') method call.
Now both games launch normally and I can play them. Don't know if it will give me any errors down the line, but all is well for now.

*Erroneous script in this game is called "エセフルスクリーン"(en: Fake Full Screen) and in "New Project": "画像保存"(en: Save Image)

JokiJokiH

Sep 12, 2021
I have questions I hope to get answer pretty please! CAREFUL THERE ARE SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T FINISH

Who's Goggles? A chosen hero one? Why does she have a big house? Who's her family? What was she searching for and why? She didn't explain except that she found what she was searching for. Edit: I think she's a princess Hero and the heretical just wanted to destroy the world... for what I don't know...

How do we unlock her scenes and vacation scenes? (if she has vacation one?) Edit: it seems to unlock some of the scenes of Goggles I should have just slept in an Inn with her in the party! It unlocked a scene with her and now I can invite her to the vacation island.

Why did she fall in love as soon as we defeat heretical priest?

Why does heretical priest attack? What was she after?

What was the Pontif trying to do in cercle thing? Why did the attendants wanted to stop the ritual?

How do we unlock the blacksmith at greentown to use the amazing ores

How to unlock scenes with the ship captain? edit: found it, the city has to be set in night then visit the ship

how to do the quest with the bandit thief who was saying we should steal a rich? Is it something to do with the female version of MC?

how to unlock the fairy prostitute?

What's this "settle in greentown" about?

Maybe I misunderstood one of the message but is there a rainbow wolf?

What's the moving tree? Last time I've read, it's an easter egg for another game?

At the island beach, you can go further right but it ends with a kind of cave you can't even enter, is there some scene that should play out there?

In the badlands, there is a cave with tons of lizards, was the purpose of this level only to find the female slime?

What is the dream Pavillon? I tried to search for explanation here but it seems to be nothing? Just a bunch of objects smashed together and maybe making a reference for other games from the developper?

I hope you'll forgive making a list but searching an answer for each one of these would take me hours to search in this thread :(

Last edited:
Reactions: ekafekafekaf

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
I have questions I hope to get answer pretty please! CAREFUL THERE ARE SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T FINISH

Who's Goggles? A chosen hero one? Why does she have a big house? Who's her family? What was she searching for and why? She didn't explain except that she found what she was searching for. Edit: I think she's a princess Hero and the heretical just wanted to destroy the world... for what I don't know...

How do we unlock her scenes and vacation scenes? (if she has vacation one?) Edit: it seems to unlock some of the scenes of Goggles I should have just slept in an Inn with her in the party! It unlocked a scene with her and now I can invite her to the vacation island.

Why did she fall in love as soon as we defeat heretical priest?

Why does heretical priest attack? What was she after?

What was the Pontif trying to do in cercle thing? Why did the attendants wanted to stop the ritual?

How do we unlock the blacksmith at greentown to use the amazing ores

How to unlock scenes with the ship captain? edit: found it, the city has to be set in night then visit the ship

how to do the quest with the bandit thief who was saying we should steal a rich? Is it something to do with the female version of MC?

how to unlock the fairy prostitute?

What's this "settle in greentown" about?

Maybe I misunderstood one of the message but is there a rainbow wolf?

What's the moving tree? Last time I've read, it's an easter egg for another game?

At the island beach, you can go further right but it ends with a kind of cave you can't even enter, is there some scene that should play out there?

In the badlands, there is a cave with tons of lizards, was the purpose of this level only to find the female slime?

What is the dream Pavillon? I tried to search for explanation here but it seems to be nothing? Just a bunch of objects smashed together and maybe making a reference for other games from the developper?

I hope you'll forgive making a list but searching an answer for each one of these would take me hours to search in this thread :(
Make sure your game is updated to the latest version obviously.

Goggles is an expy of the Dragon Quest 2 protagonist. It's just like how the Devil Priestess is an expy of Hargon, a villain of Dragon Quest 2. My guess is that Goggles and Devil Priestess's backstories are as inspired by Dragon Quest 2 as their character designs are.

The Pontiff was trying to merge himself with the Devil for greater power. He was obviously desperate and didn't care about the consequences. There's actually two variations to this scene. I've no idea if you've seen the other, so I'll spoil it for you. The one you saw with the attendants trying to stop the Pontiff is one scene. They wanted to stop the Pontiff because they knew how desperate and hopeless the Pontiff's plan was. The Pontiff likely realized, hesitated, and was able to push the two attendants out of danger. The other variation to this scene that you may not have seen can be witnessed if the protagonist didn't sleep with the two attendants. What happens afterward in this other variation is the Pontiff completing the ritual, merging himself, the devil, AND the two attendants into one abomination. So the boss is somewhat different this time. This is what happens if the attendants don't speak up and question what the Pontiff is doing. On a smaller and possibly unrelated note, there's a secret room inside the library that can be accessed by checking the books. In fact, there's more than one secret room in that library. Inside the secret room is a photo of a family. No idea if this is related to the Pontiff and/or the attendants, but it's something a lot of us are still wondering about.

I'm pretty sure the Blacksmith at Green Town can only help you out after you get to the epilogue portion of the game.

The female version of the MC has several different endings, with a few variations. Save often in other slots, just in case. Doing things in different orders can affect your ending. There's possibly some endings that are in the game that we don't know how to get. We know this may be possible because we were able to find the CGs in the files. There's a big branch-off depending on whether the female MC is naked or not. One of them does involve the bandit thief. Go to entrance of the city sewers. You'll probably know what to do next afterward.

I don't know what you mean by fairy prostitute. You might be thinking of the "fair prostitute," who has viewable CGs whenever the MC is unable to afford the usual brothel fee.

The "settle in green town" option is only available if the MC doesn't choose to adventure with Evil for the epilogue. There's two versions of this option. The first one is with the innkeeper. The second one is something you'll be able to do after you satisfy one of the other answers you're looking for, but I'll spoiler it for you. This option is available for you if the female protagonist decides to live in Green Town.

I've never heard of a rainbow wolf in this thread. In fact, you're the first person to mention "rainbow" in this thread.

The lizard cave is there not just for the slime girl, but also for tackling the mercenary captain's quest for her CGs, just in case you couldn't beat her in a boss fight.

The moving tree and the island beach are still something none of us have an answer for. It could all be nothing for all we know. The Dream Pavillion is a special case. Before the latest content update, there wasn't anything but furniture and random objects. After the update, you can find new people after completing certain endings in the game. So far I've only been able to find this place change twice only. This place seems to remember all your endings provided you do them in one continuous save file.

JokiJokiH

Sep 12, 2021
Make sure your game is updated to the latest version obviously.

Goggles is an expy of the Dragon Quest 2 protagonist. It's just like how the Devil Priestess is an expy of Hargon, a villain of Dragon Quest 2. My guess is that Goggles and Devil Priestess's backstories are as inspired by Dragon Quest 2 as their character designs are.

The Pontiff was trying to merge himself with the Devil for greater power. He was obviously desperate and didn't care about the consequences. There's actually two variations to this scene. I've no idea if you've seen the other, so I'll spoil it for you. The one you saw with the attendants trying to stop the Pontiff is one scene. They wanted to stop the Pontiff because they knew how desperate and hopeless the Pontiff's plan was. The Pontiff likely realized, hesitated, and was able to push the two attendants out of danger. The other variation to this scene that you may not have seen can be witnessed if the protagonist didn't sleep with the two attendants. What happens afterward in this other variation is the Pontiff completing the ritual, merging himself, the devil, AND the two attendants into one abomination. So the boss is somewhat different this time. This is what happens if the attendants don't speak up and question what the Pontiff is doing. On a smaller and possibly unrelated note, there's a secret room inside the library that can be accessed by checking the books. In fact, there's more than one secret room in that library. Inside the secret room is a photo of a family. No idea if this is related to the Pontiff and/or the attendants, but it's something a lot of us are still wondering about.

I'm pretty sure the Blacksmith at Green Town can only help you out after you get to the epilogue portion of the game.

The female version of the MC has several different endings, with a few variations. Save often in other slots, just in case. Doing things in different orders can affect your ending. There's possibly some endings that are in the game that we don't know how to get. We know this may be possible because we were able to find the CGs in the files. There's a big branch-off depending on whether the female MC is naked or not. One of them does involve the bandit thief. Go to entrance of the city sewers. You'll probably know what to do next afterward.

I don't know what you mean by fairy prostitute. You might be thinking of the "fair prostitute," who has viewable CGs whenever the MC is unable to afford the usual brothel fee.

The "settle in green town" option is only available if the MC doesn't choose to adventure with Evil for the epilogue. There's two versions of this option. The first one is with the innkeeper. The second one is something you'll be able to do after you satisfy one of the other answers you're looking for, but I'll spoiler it for you. This option is available for you if the female protagonist decides to live in Green Town.

I've never heard of a rainbow wolf in this thread. In fact, you're the first person to mention "rainbow" in this thread.

The lizard cave is there not just for the slime girl, but also for tackling the mercenary captain's quest for her CGs, just in case you couldn't beat her in a boss fight.

The moving tree and the island beach are still something none of us have an answer for. It could all be nothing for all we know. The Dream Pavillion is a special case. Before the latest content update, there wasn't anything but furniture and random objects. After the update, you can find new people after completing certain endings in the game. So far I've only been able to find this place change twice only. This place seems to remember all your endings provided you do them in one continuous save file.
Thanks a lot! I'm also grateful for the spoilers :)
For the "rainbow" wolf, I think I've read something along the lines of "multi color wolf" but I wasn't sure if it was about like multiple wolf with each one colour or potentially one with mutliple colour ^^'

Just one last question that doesn't concern the game. When you search key words in the thread, can you sort the results by dates? I can't do it and the results are random. Sometimes it's 6 month ago, other from 2 month ago then 9 and so on

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Just one last question that doesn't concern the game. When you search key words in the thread, can you sort the results by dates? I can't do it and the results are random. Sometimes it's 6 month ago, other from 2 month ago then 9 and so on
As far as I know, you can't sort the results themselves.

You can do an advance search through the forum that orders posts by date, but that's kinda tedious. Advanced search seems more useful when you're scouring through the entire forum for something specific while narrowing things down through filters. Searching by thread alone doesn't specifically narrow down your search to one thread. If someone else knows how to use the search function better, then I'd love to hear from them. Unfortunately, I think you'll have to deal with it like I am. Your best bet is to think of keywords that narrow your search and parse through that information quickly. I also have trouble sorting through the dates, but I find it easier to read the dates backward, from year to month and day.

Bigwakka

Dec 3, 2020
The Dev last post in Ci-en,was 28 May 2022..........and no more (hope he still alive or got better career or something)

• Sad
Reactions: fulmetal

Exocaradus

Nov 26, 2018
Don't know if this still matters or not, but they did reply to a commenter at a post for the release of the Mercenary's adventure simplified Chinese that they are currently working for the next game, but don't know if it'll be release or scrapped. It's been a year of total silence after that, So really hope that they're all good.

YuKandayo32

Aug 13, 2021
more turn based rpg should take notes from this game and implement its dynamic action and attack animation. it felt so much more satisfying to look at than some mundane light flickers and sprite shakes.

really enjoyed the story, however it sometimes walk into the darker tone of story-telling which I would've preferred but stop halfway on its track so that it doesn't get too intense

YuKandayo32

Aug 13, 2021
1676632520667.png

Could not emphasis how much fun I had with this game. Even without the h-scenes, this game would still stand up really well on its own. Definitely a contender to my top 3 hrpgs amongst Black Souls and the likes. The artstyle is really unique and something I've been looking forward to since Black Souls. I hope the dev continue making game with really strong replay value in the future, can't wait to see more from them.

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
where is mercy? i never met her. Help please
Purchase an artifact from the magic shop in the city. It's in the area right before you enter the church. You can only use the artifact before defeating the final boss and experiencing the ending. It's possible that you can only find the artifact by satisfying other conditions first. If so, just keep doing content except for the final boss fight. It's been a while, sorry. Bit of a warning. Make sure you keep at least one separate save before using the artifact. There is a lot of content to go through, and saving will help you backtrack and save time. If you need help, you can always come back and consult the thread.

TonyToT

Jul 6, 2022
Purchase an artifact from the magic shop in the city. It's in the area right before you enter the church. You can only use the artifact before defeating the final boss and experiencing the ending. It's possible that you can only find the artifact by satisfying other conditions first. If so, just keep doing content except for the final boss fight. It's been a while, sorry. Bit of a warning. Make sure you keep at least one separate save before using the artifact. There is a lot of content to go through, and saving will help you backtrack and save time. If you need help, you can always come back and consult the thread.
Bro i have a question.
1.How i can have sex with all girls at unexplored land?
2.I can't Purchase an artifact from the magic shop. i met apprentice and have 2 sex choice. What i can do?
3.I accepted southern village investigation2 and they told me to talk with priest. i went to priest. cleric? she only said "greetings" What i can do?

Blanckasda

Dec 7, 2022
Hello everybody i can't run the game every time i play new game my game crash and give me errno::enoent no such file or directory - graphics/tilesets/stil02 **. i did install rpg maker ace vx in fact i installed every single pack there was on both link provided in the read me! if anyone could help me that would great thx in advance !

EDIT: found the fix up in the thread.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 34 Votes