RPGM Completed The Mercenary's Adventure [v3.004] [Takamakuran]

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes

Xirkniktus

Aug 1, 2017
Other loose end: where can I use leather belt that you can find in test subject area? Top right house on the map, you have to jump some hoops to get there.
What hoops do I have to jump to get to that house exactly? I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point

Hereszie

Jun 6, 2020
In the area before the badlands (where you first meet/save the traveling merchant), if you follow the treeline and jostle your way around for a bit you can find a gap in the barrier and walk in the trees. To the left of the screen you can find a hidden chest with a very helpful +100 hp ring.

Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
What hoops do I have to jump to get to that house exactly? I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point
Right before you enter the front area to the laboratory proper, there should be a small dirt path below the main road leading offscreen to the east. Just keep following that path and it's basically a straight path to the house; if you noticed purple indicators representing enemies, that's exactly where you want to be.

Xirkniktus

Aug 1, 2017
Right before you enter the front area to the laboratory proper, there should be a small dirt path below the main road leading offscreen to the east. Just keep following that path and it's basically a straight path to the house; if you noticed purple indicators representing enemies, that's exactly where you want to be.
thanks a bunch, I would never have found that on my own.

Edit:
now my problem is that Dog isn't in the forest, even though I've rescued it, what do I do now, beat the sorcerers?

Edit Dos:
Nvm, I needed to kill Red Slime Heth to get Dog to appear, I'm good now.

Last edited:

Panther H

Jan 1, 2019
Yeah i had that happen to me a lot but still manage to just play it.
It isn't particularly game-breaking, but it most often happens in the middle of boss fights. Really sucks to have fought for 10 minutes or some shit and bam, game crashes.

Also, about that slave girl from the bandit fort basement. I just let her go without rape so does that mean I miss that cg?

faxwolf

Sep 11, 2018
Killed the Neo Slime after 6 tries, that's one tough battle. Any ideas if there is some kind o reward for beating that boss? Or just bragging rights?

Incombat

Apr 27, 2017
Go see your dog in the forest.
well... I found the dog..Or the bits of it attached to a huge red slime. Was a bit late on that train, can't recruit it after you get the ending. I guess the same result happens if you don't help the dog when you first meet it.

SlightlyBlind

Dec 25, 2017
Killed the Neo Slime after 6 tries, that's one tough battle. Any ideas if there is some kind o reward for beating that boss? Or just bragging rights?
So far the only thing of note is the achievement in NG+. But Takamakuran is crafty enough that I might have missed something along the way.

well... I found the dog..Or the bits of it attached to a huge red slime. Was a bit late on that train, can't recruit it after you get the ending. I guess the same result happens if you don't help the dog when you first meet it.
Yeah what I said is only valid if you do recruit the dog at the beginning of the game.

Regarding the church library secret rooms, note that they're only accessible in post game, you can't get in before beating the Pontiff.

Last edited:

Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
Is there some trick to defeating the dog in the estate or is it simply a matter of grinding your doggo?

SlightlyBlind

Dec 25, 2017
Is there some trick to defeating the dog in the estate or is it simply a matter of grinding your doggo?
It's grinding, but also equipment.
You won't beat it without Recoup, your dog's self healing skill, there's simply too much damage going out and he has too much HP.
But with the right loadout, you can help mitigate a lot of the pain. Stuff like the 5% HP regen, SP regen, health and TP augment, as well as the Follow-up attack item will make it much easier to deal with.
You can also make the earlier turns easier by stacking all your available buffs, so the dog's three skills, Priest's three boosts and passive regen, and Evil's Wide Barrier and Magnify.

If/When you do win the fight, your screen is gonna fade to black. It's a bug that was supposed to be fixed, but as of 2.05 it's still here. You can still move around though, it's only the screen that's blacked out, and it'll come back if you transition to a new area.
So, admitting you were facing the dog from the left : walk a few seconds to the left, then take two steps down, nine steps left, two steps up, and run to the left, you'll reach the area transition.
20210305133122.png

Reactions: He-man96.

tpasow

Dec 12, 2018
In the cave maze under the church, there's a hidden bunny girl boss who hits like a truck and has massive hp. I think there's only a small chance to get her, since I've only met her once. Hopefully I see her again on my second playthrough (need to save the dog this time).

Snowy Bodinski

Sep 19, 2017
so..... what's the deal with that Dream Pavilion place anyway?
Pretty sure it's removed content. or maybe something that'll get added in the future. The path to it's whited out for a reason, Grante there are 2 paths whited out so no reason whatsoever so it may become a thing in the future.

Claptonisking

Feb 21, 2020
So far the only thing of note is the achievement in NG+. But Takamakuran is crafty enough that I might have missed something along the way.

Yeah what I said is only valid if you do recruit the dog at the beginning of the game.

Regarding the church library secret rooms, note that they're only accessible in post game, you can't get in before beating the Pontiff.
Oh fuck, did I fk my game up, at the start I saved the dog, but didn't really recruit and went away after defeating slime boss.

Then I went back to the area and there was this red hybrid slime boss I killed. I haven't seen the doggy since then... no chance to recruit? It's a super long play through if I were to reload that save

taros

Mar 13, 2018
I still can't figure out how to recruit the dog. I saved it from the slime in Forest 1. Are you supposed to be able to encounter it again in Forest 1?

I killed all the slimes on the map and got a message about something huge being nearby, but can't find the dog from there.

Reactions: someirrelevantname

SlightlyBlind

Dec 25, 2017
Oh fuck, did I fk my game up, at the start I saved the dog, but didn't really recruit and went away after defeating slime boss.

Then I went back to the area and there was this red hybrid slime boss I killed. I haven't seen the doggy since then... no chance to recruit? It's a super long play through if I were to reload that save
Did the slime have dog parts in it? If so yeah, you're fucked.

I still can't figure out how to recruit the dog. I saved it from the slime in Forest 1. Are you supposed to be able to encounter it again in Forest 1?

I killed all the slimes on the map and got a message about something huge being nearby, but can't find the dog from there.
Go back in the forest, the dog is in a semi hidden area to the right. If you find it, you'll have an interaction, then it'll go away again.
Go to the inn, rest for the night, the go to the top left of the forest, use a healing charm when prompted, then it'll join.
That said if there's already the red slime, it might be too late. Worth checking nevertheless.

Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
In the cave maze under the church, there's a hidden bunny girl boss who hits like a truck and has massive hp. I think there's only a small chance to get her, since I've only met her once. Hopefully I see her again on my second playthrough (need to save the dog this time).
Hidden as in she's locked behind a random encounter?

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes