RPGM Abandoned The Misery of the Newcomer [v0.3 Test Build] [MetaCrumble]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I was drawn in via the Preview Images, then I noticed RPGM :( (the little 1980's style characters running round a map) I know alot people like RPGM, Personally in 2021 I just dont get it ! to the dev the renders look nice! I didnt play. but good luck !
For me, it's a nostalgic feeling. I enjoy RPGM, regardless the type of game it is. Granted certain styles of games don't work as well in RPGM, since it can get frustrating and time consuming just running around a map for half the time. But, I grew up in the 80s and 90s. That was my hey-day for gaming. RPGM will never get old for me, as long as the games I play are decently made, within that genre and style. I gotta ask though. Is it your age? Are you young and just grew up in an era of higher quality graphics and therefore can't enjoy anything less than what you first experienced? Or are you older and just got tired of it after so many years of it? Not bashing at all. I'm honestly curious. lol

Reactions: visagedirect

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
For me, it's a nostalgic feeling. I enjoy RPGM, regardless the type of game it is. Granted certain styles of games don't work as well in RPGM, since it can get frustrating and time consuming just running around a map for half the time. But, I grew up in the 80s and 90s. That was my hey-day for gaming. RPGM will never get old for me, as long as the games I play are decently made, within that genre and style. I gotta ask though. Is it your age? Are you young and just grew up in an era of higher quality graphics and therefore can't enjoy anything less than what you first experienced? Or are you older and just got tired of it after so many years of it? Not bashing at all. I'm honestly curious. lol
No worries, im not young (im late 30's) playing games since 1980's commodore 64 etc, I guess just playing AAA titles etc has just overcome me, example if "Jaws" the movie was on TV today would I watch NO! did i enjoy it back in the day Hell Yeah, would I play the game "Outrun" today NO ! yet it was my a favourite arcade game back in the day ! RPGM Imho is just Pointless, got character walking round on map with no actual purpose other than go to a location. Why not open a map point location done! the only RPGM I thought was good' Treasure of Nadia' because atleast the 'little Man' actually did something (dodge snakes etc) Just my point of view !

Last edited:
Reactions: FookU2

pabo

Oct 28, 2018
Can mouse controls and settings menu be added? The game looks very promising and it would make the experience more pleasant to change volume settings and navigate menus faster with mouse.

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
I hope things will get spicier than just footjobs, looks really cool, I'll add this to my list.

Anonymous100

Jul 7, 2017
I hope things will get spicier than just footjobs, looks really cool, I'll add this to my list.
Game is in very early phase but there's already urination and ass licking. The latest update hints at pegging coming soon too. Just saying since scenes are very missable. I totallly get your concern.

Reactions: Aseratrix

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
No worries, im not young (im late 30's) playing games since 1980's commodore 64 etc, I guess just playing AAA titles etc has just overcome me, example if "Jaws" the movie was on TV today would I watch NO! did i enjoy it back in the day Hell Yeah, would I play the game "Outrun" today NO ! yet it was my a favourite arcade game back in the day ! RPGM Imho is just Pointless, got character walking round on map with no actual purpose other than go to a location. Why not open a map point location done! the only RPGM I thought was good' Treasure of Nadia' because atleast the 'little Man' actually did something (dodge snakes etc) Just my point of view !
It is pointless in many games, but there are plenty of open world games where you can walk up to literally anyone on the street and have an interaction. You aren't just going from point A to point B cause the quest said so. It can of course be implemented in Ren'Py, where you point and click on a location, then once there you can point and click on people or objects in the picture, but I still like the idea of other people moving/walking around...which is kinda difficult to do when you're just pointing and clicking on pictures. Each one has it's merits and flaws.

And, I still watch Jaws every time it shows up on TV. I love that old technology. I sometimes watch old westerns with my parents cause I can chuckle at the horrible acting and horrible quality . haha

johnoe9

Mar 24, 2021
It's not my game, so, ofc not my decision, but I would rather have action content(scenes) than super high-quality renders. Maybe unpopular opinion idk

Reactions: fadiraef

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
So far I really liked this game, whoever makes it, thanks and I hope to see more! :p

Cynic777

Nov 18, 2018
Great game but in my opinion game lacks some clues about what scenes you can get. You basically have to click everywhere and maybe you will have a scene, and maybe not.

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
Well...I tried this, but this feels like a game breaking bug:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can't even enter this building. you get stuck in the wall...I don't know what happens here or if anything is important, but this can't be good.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote