Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
when will the new version come out?

So the vacation mode is over, more or less. I'm back to working on the Monastery again.
Preliminary, the next version will be v0.6, but as I said earlier, I might decide to release a smaller context update first, v0.5.1, if I think it's needed to set up things before the major event(s) that I have planned for v0.6.
Estimating a release date is even harder than normal because of this uncertainty, but we're probably talking at least a couple of months.

telgalad

Nov 2, 2021
Spectacular game. Def my top 3 games I have found on this site. Keep up the amazing work. And if you need a beta tester... :)

Reactions: Alcahest

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
So I was wondering about the trust/authority stats and how to increase them, since on my save I mostly picked trust options but once I picked authority so now I'm kinda stuck at anointing Anika since I'm at 28 trust out of the 29 needed while I am at 21 authority compared to the 29 needed. I have noticed that authority can be gained by doing confessions over and over until you get +1 authority but I haven't found any way to increase trust so am I screwed on a trust run cause I picked an authority choice once?

idontknowrofl

Feb 1, 2020
Just finished the latest version, are these all quests that can't be completed yet in this version or did I miss something?:

Vivien: Sins of fornication
Sister Catarina
Anointing Novice Julia
Novice Gabriella
Novice Sara
Ava, the adulteress
Novice Zara

I don't think you can really miss anything, just making sure lol

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Hello Im new to this game. How does trust/authority works? Are those different paths with their own content or just text flavor changes?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
So I was wondering about the trust/authority stats and how to increase them, since on my save I mostly picked trust options but once I picked authority so now I'm kinda stuck at anointing Anika since I'm at 28 trust out of the 29 needed while I am at 21 authority compared to the 29 needed. I have noticed that authority can be gained by doing confessions over and over until you get +1 authority but I haven't found any way to increase trust so am I screwed on a trust run cause I picked an authority choice once?
Currently, it shouldn't be possible to be locked out from continuing regardless of your trust/auth choices.

Just finished the latest version, are these all quests that can't be completed yet in this version or did I miss something?:

Vivien: Sins of fornication
Sister Catarina
Anointing Novice Julia
Novice Gabriella
Novice Sara
Ava, the adulteress
Novice Zara

I don't think you can really miss anything, just making sure lol
When you finish the latest version of the game, you should get a popup about it, and it should say 100% at the version number on the left side. As for specific quests in the quest log, if the quest says "This is the end of this quest in this version of the game." it means just that. It is possible that all quests say "end of version" yet you still haven't finished the update. Then there are one or more quests you haven't started yet still left.

Hello Im new to this game. How does trust/authority works? Are those different paths with their own content or just text flavor changes?
Currently, mostly flavor (some content will take longer time to access depending on stat choices, and there are some content differences in the events with a particular girl). That may change in the future.

Last edited:

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
Currently, it shouldn't be possible to be locked out from continuing regardless of your trust/auth choices.
Yeah I thought I had checked/progressed everything but I hadn't checked the herb book which allowed me to keep progressing, got to a point where the corruption was at 45 and I could start getting the nuns pregnant I believe with a small chance and most quests telling me that it was the end of the content so I just stopped at that point

Reactions: Alcahest

raventai

Jan 15, 2018
I am still curious to know who (or what...) is behind all this heretic propaganda and pseudo demonic possession but we have always more suspects and 0 innocent... I guess it must be very difficult for the author to decide by now (except if he had a master plan right from the beginning and has got all the required videos). And of course I have my favorite nuns expecting new SEVERE punishment from the HOLY SEAT (or SEED ?).

Balmung85

May 24, 2018
Do you get reported if a nun is pregnant?
I made the weak protection potion and it is added to food once a week.
Despite many repetitions, not a single nun is pregnant yet.

Tromilka

Sep 11, 2020
I don't think there is any pregnancy (text) content in the game so far. It's something that might come into play in the future, but I seem to remember that Alcahest wasn't even sure it would ever feature.

4.50 star(s) 57 Votes