dkatryl

May 26, 2018
I seem to be stuck at Punish 74/80, so cant do the Interrogate 2 with Sister Agnes.

I've had a few nice/mean choices since it converted to these stats, but they didnt give any Punish increase, and the stat rebalancer caps out too soon, despite having 11 unspent points.

Not sure what I'm missing.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I seem to be stuck at Punish 74/80, so cant do the Interrogate 2 with Sister Agnes.

I've had a few nice/mean choices since it converted to these stats, but they didnt give any Punish increase, and the stat rebalancer caps out too soon, despite having 11 unspent points.

Not sure what I'm missing.
If I understand you correctly and you maxed your punish stat at the rebalance, you should be able to get to 80 punish if you keep playing. If you give me a save I can take a look.

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
If I understand you correctly and you maxed your punish stat at the rebalance, you should be able to get to 80 punish if you keep playing. If you give me a save I can take a look.
That's what I thought. It was weird, I vaguely remember it increasing after the rebalance, then reloading, redoing the rebalance, maxing the Punish as much as it would, but then it didnt increase after that.

Attached should be the save file(s) from when I completed current content.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
That's what I thought. It was weird, I vaguely remember it increasing after the rebalance, then reloading, redoing the rebalance, maxing the Punish as much as it would, but then it didnt increase after that.

Attached should be the save file(s) from when I completed current content.
When I loaded your save from the rebalance and continued playing, I got the punish points as I should. I have no idea why you didn't. You should have a lot more love/punish points with your final save. Unfortunately, I can't offer much support for JoiPlay since I don't know how to convert JoiPlay saves to PC saves, making bug fixing impossible in cases like this where I have no clue what the problem could be. No one else has reported this issue, so I suspect something is corrupted with your game/Joiplay app somehow, but unfortunately, as I said, I have no way to see what's going on.

The best I can do is offer you two saves, save slot 5 which is right before the Novice Sara event that gives +3 punish (giving you 77 punish), and save slot 1 which is after that full event is completed. I would try save 5 first to see if you get the +3 there. If you don't, you could try to play from save 1, just to see if things work again, but if you don't get the +3 from save slot 5, I doubt things will work.

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
When I loaded your save from the rebalance and continued playing, I got the punish points as I should. I have no idea why you didn't. You should have a lot more love/punish points with your final save. Unfortunately, I can't offer much support for JoiPlay since I don't know how to convert JoiPlay saves to PC saves, making bug fixing impossible in cases like this where I have no clue what the problem could be. No one else has reported this issue, so I suspect something is corrupted with your game/Joiplay app somehow, but unfortunately, as I said, I have no way to see what's going on.

The best I can do is offer you two saves, save slot 5 which is right before the Novice Sara event that gives +3 punish (giving you 77 punish), and save slot 1 which is after that full event is completed. I would try save 5 first to see if you get the +3 there. If you don't, you could try to play from save 1, just to see if things work again, but if you don't get the +3 from save slot 5, I doubt things will work.
I appreciate the offer, and I will give it a try. If it works, great! If not, I'm not too concerned, as it seemed to be a minor thing, and doesnt really detract from what has otherwise been a surprisingly good game, especially for the HTML ones, which are often plagued with a grindy sandbox style.

Only thing I'm hoping for in future episodes is that the Prioress & Abbess can both join the list of 'might be pregnant'! ;)

[Edit: I can report that using the save at Novice Sara gave the +3 as expected. So dunno what flukey thing happened before. Guess I'll go recorrupt some nuns to complete the content again.

Oh noes, the hardship! :p]

Last edited:
Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
This is what I said when I started working on the game:
"The game will be made in HTML/SugarCube and it will be a mystery detective game with some very adult themes concerning sex and religion. Think of a mix of (but with nuns instead of monks) and films to get the general idea."

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
[Re:re:Followup]

Yeah, recompleted the content with, I think it was, 99 Punish, 55 Love? Something like that.

So dunno what the fluke was, but it's definitely resolved now.

Again, appreciate the assistance, and the game as a whole.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
[Re:re:Followup]

Yeah, recompleted the content with, I think it was, 99 Punish, 55 Love? Something like that.

So dunno what the fluke was, but it's definitely resolved now.

Again, appreciate the assistance, and the game as a whole.
99/60 should be the max/min, so sounds about right.

Yeah, it's strange. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the switch from trust/auth to love/punish went wrong, but unless someone else reports this problem (and it's not in JoiPlay :HideThePain:), I won't waste time trying to figure it out. Glad it worked out for you!

RedSerpant

May 6, 2017
So did anyone pick up on the clue in v0.7 that Novice Anika was pregnant? I only know that one of my beta testers noticed it when testing v0.7.
To be clear: I'm not talking about v0.7.1 (the current update) but the previous update v0.7 released in January.
When she continued complaining of being sick I was like sweet we got our first, and was very happy to be correct with the latest update.

Tort

Feb 25, 2018
I play with the full potion as pregnancy content isn't my thing. I'm guessing on this path the new scenes in 1.7.1 are purely psychological? The only reason I picked them is to have new scenes and because I wasn't that fond of the old model so figure I'd see where the new scenes went.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I play with the full potion as pregnancy content isn't my thing. I'm guessing on this path the new scenes in 1.7.1 are purely psychological? The only reason I picked them is to have new scenes and because I wasn't that fond of the old model so figure I'd see where the new scenes went.
Yes, there will be no (real) pregnancy content if you have pregnancy disabled. The reason I gave the option to play along with her delusion, or not play along, is because I thought that some people who dislike pregnancy wouldn't mind the new content (something new to play) knowing she wasn't really pregnant, while others wouldn't want anything with the pregnancy theme at all.

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
This is one of the best HTML Games, but there are so parts that I just can't advance... Anyways, thanks for the game!
My experience was if I found i couldnt advance, it was usually down to looking at one of the places that you might not normally check in on. Like Novice Emma, or checking the formula list in your room, etc.

Then you go 'duh'. :rolleyes:

Acidcola

Nov 2, 2018
Normally, there is a "Leave" button there, but you encountered a bug which makes that button not there. One of my beta testers reported this bug when that content was first tested (a year ago), but I could never figure out exactly what caused the bug, so I couldn't fix it. No one has reported the bug since then, until now, which is why I was hoping for a save.

Before this bug happened, my beta tester thought he could play the Sister Rumika fornication event before he should be able to, so also a bug... Do you remember if you did that?
Nope, I don't think so. I'll try replaying when the next version comes out, and will keep an eye on it.

4.50 star(s) 57 Votes