Ren'Py Abandoned The Neighborhood [v0.40] [Rancid Dragon Productions]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Easy Pete

DYNAMITE <3 GIRL DICK<3 DOGS <3
Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Problem solved.
If we do the first exit from the house by clicking on "Worldmap", then after the tutorial with the cell phone, the game returns to the main menu. If we exit by clicking on the globe icon, the game continues in the normal way.
Thank you, that fixed it for me as well!

Drinpa

Oct 15, 2017
Drinks with James on Thursday and watching wife in the morning don't advance at all - I've done them multiple times and their hints remiain the same. Also no idea how to 'working on storyline'.

Game has promise so far but is a bit janky it seems unless I'm just missing something.

Reactions: AlexTorch

Aksrox

May 7, 2017
Drinks with James on Thursday and watching wife in the morning don't advance at all - I've done them multiple times and their hints remiain the same. Also no idea how to 'working on storyline'.

Game has promise so far but is a bit janky it seems unless I'm just missing something.
For james in those few rounds of drinks you have to get him drunk enough that he tells you his secret. But doesnt go over or below or he wont tell you the secret. For wife the story is as far as morning shower.

Drinpa

Oct 15, 2017
For james in those few rounds of drinks you have to get him drunk enough that he tells you his secret. But doesnt go over or below or he wont tell you the secret. For wife the story is as far as morning shower.
Thanks - that was it. I figured it was buggy since I got introduced to Rebecca every single time. It's shot+shot+shot+beer apparently.

Reactions: Jackbite and Aksrox

Rancid Dragon Productions

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Thanks - that was it. I figured it was buggy since I got introduced to Rebecca every single time. It's shot+shot+shot+beer apparently.
Little challenge there just to make it fun. Beer = 1, shot = 2, beer and shot = 3. 6 or less points gets one thing, 7 gets secret convo to move on, and 8 or more gets another convo to try again. So anything adding to 7 moves you along.

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
A hidden menu! Thanks friend (Still not easy to know and to find without a clue).
Nice game by the way, a little atypical cartoon aspect, it changes from what we usually play.
Good ideas, but still quite rough, the animations are quite "animatronic", but it's promising, it will be for sure better and better and more and more naughty later. ;)
Thank you. Trying to improve it more each update.

Reactions: BobbieTheDuke

george1106

Mar 25, 2018
Can't advance Karen's scene in the shower. "Watch her in the shower in the morning" constantly remains in the hints. What am I doing wrong?

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Can't advance Karen's scene in the shower. "Watch her in the shower in the morning" constantly remains in the hints. What am I doing wrong?
It's still saying watch her in the shower instead of more to come after you watch her? If so, I'll have more to add in the next update. It should stop right there for now. Sorry

george1106

Mar 25, 2018

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
Just restarted in 0.30. Can't close the phone once it's open, can't rollback even with UnRen, every time I load a save it resets to the first interactable point: looking at the wife in bed before the phone tutorial.

joetheflower

Apr 3, 2018
15 pages of chat and still no review? Come oooon...
i agree. it's just people reporting bugs and the dev responding to people(which is always appreciated). i play a while ago but all i remember is playing for an in-game week and felt bored outta my mind.

if i'm correct, in the game i would wake up, go peek on my daughters, make breakfast or go to the burger place, go to work, work, go home, eat dinner watch tv, then go to sleep. on Saturday i think there was a an event where i went out drink with work friend but i'm not sure. the only thing to do was meet people and fill out that little character bio menu in your phone but i wasn't actually sure how many people were actually put in the game.

currently I just wants to know if there's a way i can interact with the family or whoever in a more impactful way. or just more character to interact with in general. bug fixing is nice and all but long droughts of nothing to do but pass time can be just as damning or harmful to a game.

like i said, this was a while ago, so i hope that this problem is fixed somehow in the new updates!

Reactions: Vampira

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
i agree. it's just people reporting bugs and the dev responding to people(which is always appreciated). i play a while ago but all i remember is playing for an in-game week and felt bored outta my mind.

if i'm correct, in the game i would wake up, go peek on my daughters, make breakfast or go to the burger place, go to work, work, go home, eat dinner watch tv, then go to sleep. on Saturday i think there was a an event where i went out drink with work friend but i'm not sure. the only thing to do was meet people and fill out that little character bio menu in your phone but i wasn't actually sure how many people were actually put in the game.

currently I just wants to know if there's a way i can interact with the family or whoever in a more impactful way. or just more character to interact with in general. bug fixing is nice and all but long droughts of nothing to do but pass time can be just as damning or harmful to a game.

like i said, this was a while ago, so i hope that this problem is fixed somehow in the new updates!
It has been a little while since you looked in. Currently, you can interact with the wife, all three daughters, and your friend at work to get starter storylines. I'm also working on adding more to some of those scenes as well as a few more characters on the next update.
Just restarted in 0.30. Can't close the phone once it's open, can't rollback even with UnRen, every time I load a save it resets to the first interactable point: looking at the wife in bed before the phone tutorial.
Did you start as a new game? I assume you are using the phone power button at the bottom, far right icon?

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
Did you start as a new game? I assume you are using the phone power button at the bottom, far right icon?
Yes, new game. And I see what happened with the phone now: I clicked the phone icon on the top right a few times trying to get it to close because of the awkward scrolling. Apparently, you can open an infinite number of phones, and have to scroll to the bottom to close them all manually. :unsure:
Sequencing is very interesting though: at first loading a save only put me in front of the sleeping wife, but now I tested it some more, and I got put in front of Cindy for half of her intro, then it transitions to freeroam conversation instead of automatically continuing with the work introduction. Then I exited the program, opened it again and it keeps placing me back in front of the wife with the first set of saves, and into the upstairs hallway with a quicksave from the world map immediately after the first day of work.

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Yes, new game. And I see what happened with the phone now: I clicked the phone icon on the top right a few times trying to get it to close because of the awkward scrolling. Apparently, you can open an infinite number of phones, and have to scroll to the bottom to close them all manually. :unsure:
Sequencing is very interesting though: at first loading a save only put me in front of the sleeping wife, but now I tested it some more, and I got put in front of Cindy for half of her intro, then it transitions to freeroam conversation instead of automatically continuing with the work introduction. Then I exited the program, opened it again and it keeps placing me back in front of the wife with the first set of saves, and into the upstairs hallway with a quicksave from the world map immediately after the first day of work.
That's really weird. Does it go back to normal if you leave the room and come back in or still sending you to weird places?

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
That's really weird. Does it go back to normal if you leave the room and come back in or still sending you to weird places?
No, the save keeps flags from the sequence. If you save anywhere before closing the phone for the first time, it does the phone tutorial no matter where you walk around the house. If you save before finishing the work intro (before being able to actually open the map), from the bedroom you can go directly into the map, Cindy and work intros. It seems like the first flag to "escape" the bedroom is after picking an option for work.
Walking out the front door causes the phone tutorial to kick you back to the main menu. The workaround is opening the map with the icon instead of closing the phone for the first time. If you open the map from the bedroom, you can close the phone tutorial normally and then continue to the world map in either way.

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
No, the save keeps flags from the sequence. If you save anywhere before closing the phone for the first time, it does the phone tutorial no matter where you walk around the house. If you save before finishing the work intro (before being able to actually open the map), from the bedroom you can go directly into the map, Cindy and work intros. It seems like the first flag to "escape" the bedroom is after picking an option for work.
Walking out the front door causes the phone tutorial to kick you back to the main menu. The workaround is opening the map with the icon instead of closing the phone for the first time. If you open the map from the bedroom, you can close the phone tutorial normally and then continue to the world map in either way.
Ok, thank you for the info. I'll investigate more.

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes