Ren'Py Abandoned The Neighborhood [v0.40] [Rancid Dragon Productions]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

george1106

Mar 25, 2018
Not giving you any kind of error? Make sure you have version 0.3 in the link I put on there and see what you get please.
I downloaded the file again. The effect is the same. After leaving the house (go to the worldmap), the phone tutorial is turned on. After pressing power off button, game returns to the start page.
I even changed compatibility on windows 7. The effect is the same.

Rancid Dragon Productions

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
I downloaded the file again. The effect is the same. After leaving the house (go to the worldmap), the phone tutorial is turned on. After pressing power off button, game returns to the start page.
I even changed compatibility on windows 7. The effect is the same.
Weird. I'm not getting that error at all. Did you download from the link I put or the one in the update at the beginning of this thread?

george1106

Mar 25, 2018
I've looked everywhere I can think of, your issue seems to be unique. I'll keep looking, but I'm not seeing any answers other than Win7 doesn't support some of the newest renp'y upgrades. Sorry my friend. I'll have a new update soon, maybe that'll fix it.
Problem solved.
If we do the first exit from the house by clicking on "Worldmap", then after the tutorial with the cell phone, the game returns to the main menu. If we exit by clicking on the globe icon, the game continues in the normal way.

Reactions: Easy Pete

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Sorry you're having that issue. I'll double check it on the next update. Hopefully you can keep that work around and ebjoy the game from there. Thanks for the info.

HueyFreeman32

Jun 3, 2018
is there an hint system or anything to give any direction to what u are supposed to be doing ? after the intro and tutorial, its like your left to your own devices but then what ? sandboxes kills it for me as usually man . i try and attempt it but its always intrusive and in the way .

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
is there an hint system or anything to give any direction to what u are supposed to be doing ? after the intro and tutorial, its like your left to your own devices but then what ? sandboxes kills it for me as usually man . i try and attempt it but its always intrusive and in the way .
The compass icon on the phone has a hint menu. The icon is on the bottom row of the cellphone.

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes