Ren'Py Abandoned The Neighborhood [v0.40] [Rancid Dragon Productions]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

qljrnt6jc4eh2

Jun 27, 2019
There is a game-breaking bug: Phone > Tasks (/ Safari browser icon). There is NO "back" button there, which makes it impossible to put down the phone again. Only loading a previous save or hitting the "back" button at the bottom gets you out. And there another annoying thing: The missing descriptions on the map. Right now, I have to memorize which of the identical looking houses belong to which location. Also, the movement with the mouse is very uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Rancid Dragon Productions

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
There is a game-breaking bug: Phone > Tasks (/ Safari browser icon). There is NO "back" button there, which makes it impossible to put down the phone again. Only loading a previous save or hitting the "back" button at the bottom gets you out. And there another annoying thing: The missing descriptions on the map. Right now, I have to memorize which of the identical looking houses belong to which location. Also, the movement with the mouse is very uncomfortable.
Some of that should clear up with the latest update I'm trying to fix as we speak. Sorry for the issues. As usual with these things, I'm finding holes and errors that delay me a bit. Hopefully I'll have that on Patreon tonight and here in a couple days.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port The Neighborhood [v0.15] APK -

Vampira

Nov 24, 2017
I played the first four days, but wasn't keen.

1, it feels grindy. Wake up, go to work, come home and repeat with all of the same interactions. Nothing else obvious that I should be doing to have fun.

2, moving around the house and into the garden is a bit of a chore and it would be better if you could just click to go to each room rather than having to cycle through the various rooms.

3, the world map is a pain to navigate. Nothing is labelled, so you have to rely on your memory or hover the curser above things and see if they light up. Having to drag the map around to go off screen is irritating.

HueyFreeman32

Jun 3, 2018
this game honestly would be great also if it was just a linear game with choices and what not. i loved the models and the renders . but the sandbox gets in the way of wanting to progress anywhere.

Reactions: joetheflower

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
I played the first four days, but wasn't keen.

1, it feels grindy. Wake up, go to work, come home and repeat with all of the same interactions. Nothing else obvious that I should be doing to have fun.

2, moving around the house and into the garden is a bit of a chore and it would be better if you could just click to go to each room rather than having to cycle through the various rooms.

3, the world map is a pain to navigate. Nothing is labelled, so you have to rely on your memory or hover the curser above things and see if they light up. Having to drag the map around to go off screen is irritating.
Good to hear, thank you for your critique. I'll be changing a few things here and there as we go, so it's easier to navigate and has plenty more to do along the way. Just getting the baseline going for it. Thank for the input!

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Hey gang! Sorry its been a minute since i posted. New update coming soon. My awesome tester has it running right now. Once they approve it, I'll put it up on my Patreon and then here a few days later. Appreciate the patience. I hope you guys are enjoying the game so far, and I hope more of you will help me make this a full time thing so that I can get even more content to you sooner. Working and programming is tough work, but it's a labor of love too. Thanks for playing!

Reactions: Aksrox

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Posted version 3.

Changelog:
Fixed a ton of bugs, added new hints section in the cellphone. Changed some of the stories to make it easier to get to the current ends. Also changed world map to make finding things easier. For best results start a new game and try it out. New characters are being put in the next update.

Make sure and start a new game. Don't use a saved one.

PC:

#UgeakysyiuxTqr0TGX1z2lEqBbvylAM4muEwESaJ2Vo

MAC:

#7sELlDVY9Eak0o-G506wpRq-6NIUWxekoMLYLMudUTQ

Still working on Android port. Renp'y is giving me issues finishing the files.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freki.g

george1106

Mar 25, 2018
Yes sir! Quit the game. Hold down the Shift key and restart the game. Select the bottom option in the upper left for the graphics options - quit and restart again. Should work now. Enjoy! :>)
Select the bottom option in the upper left for the graphics options - quit and restart again. Should work now. Enjoy! :>)
Did You mean preferences>Display>Full screen?
It not works. In full screen mode the dialogue "Monday > yes/no" is repeated and returns to start menu

Aksrox

May 7, 2017
Posted version 3.

Changelog:
Fixed a ton of bugs, added new hints section in the cellphone. Changed some of the stories to make it easier to get to the current ends. Also changed world map to make finding things easier. For best results start a new game and try it out. New characters are being put in the next update.

PC:

Mega#UgeakysyiuxTqr0TGX1z2lEqBbvylAM4muEwESaJ2Vo

MAC:

Mega#7sELlDVY9Eak0o-G506wpRq-6NIUWxekoMLYLMudUTQ

Still working on Android port. Renp'y is giving me issues finishing the files.
Really liked the new update mate. Will join your patreon really like the concept.

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes