Ren'Py Abandoned The Neighborhood [v0.40] [Rancid Dragon Productions]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

TNVL

Aug 21, 2018
This looks really promissing, but feel this need more and EVEN BIGGER TITTIES. Other wise, pretty neat first timer game. Wouldn't mind an more straight VN version.

Rancid Dragon Productions

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
I Post it yesterday i case u didn't see it

BUG
everytime i load the game always comeback here, even if i load the other save.
oh and if i click the icon back error come.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'maps/worldmap/worldmapem.webp'>:
File "game/worldmap_button.rpy", line 92, in script
call screen worldmap1
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
error: Out of memory

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/worldmap_button.rpy", line 92, in script
call screen worldmap1
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2010, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1998, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3132, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3793, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2521, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 814, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 681, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "renpy/display/viewport.py", line 252, in render
surf = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, child_width, child_height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 607, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 271, in get
surf = image.load()
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 688, in load
raise e
error: Out of memory

Windows-8.1-6.3.9600
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
the Neighborhood 0.40
Tue Aug 24 22:47:22 2021
That's some kind of issue with your computer or phone, not the game. That's an out of memory error. Try uninstalling the game, redownloading it and playing it from the beginning. If you're still getting that, there's something wrong with your equipment.

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Those of you who are posting stupid things like "I'll never play the game." or "It's loaded with bugs I can't figure out." or "I have to press a button, and I don't want to do that." You are not helping and you're only posting to make something look bad when you aren't even trying it. Just move along. You're obviously not into the game and your posts aren't helping anything. If you're seeing bugs, describe them. If you can't give an error report or a description and all you can say is "Oh my god this game has so many bugs." You're just copying what you've seen other people type. We aren't finding that many bugs in testing, and some how you people are finding them every single step of the way, and can't even play the game. I don't buy it. If you're really experiencing a bug or a problem, screenshot it or try following the directions and not loading old saves when you're told not to. I hate to be an ass about this but I'm sick and tired of the people who aren't helping one bit, but instead just coming in and stomping on someone else's work and just saying stuff without even following directions or trying the game. It's a waste of everyone's time, including yours. Let's not waste each other's time. If you don't like the game, don't bother to post, just move along. If the game is too "buggy" for you, tell me where the bugs are to fix it or stop lying. You're wasting time and preventing other people who might like the game from trying it because YOU need to trash something. It's no wonder you people get two years between up dates from some of the games you claim to love the most. I am literally stealing some of that person's ideas and doing a very similar game, and yet his game gets 7000 plus contributors who sit for two years with not one update, and you complain about my work when it's the very same as his. You guys like to complain about what you're getting free. All I'm asking is that if you're going to get my work free, help make it better. Don't just shit and walk away. That's not helping anyone.

Sorry for the attitude, I don't usually get mad about this stuff, but you guys take the cake here.

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
okay..... are you familiar with the movie "idiocrazy"? If not, that coverpic is a coincidence far beyond any possibilities :D haha
As i said.... good luck with your inbreed simulator ;)
Again you troll because you're too stupid to just move along and NOT say anything. You just can't help yourself.

... and the move is called "Idiocracy" not whatever movie you saw.

Reactions: Banality

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Getting around in the game is annoying. Having to drag to move around on the map and phone just sucks. Labeling the navigation arrows and clickable rooms would help navigation.

EDIT: Adding a quick travel option could help too. The game asks you if you want to go the map when you go to the front door, so maybe you could put the options to travel directly to work or other places right there and be able to skip having to navigate the map.

EDIT 2: I did experience some bugs, but none of them generated error reports. One was navigating the map. A few times when I would click and drag to go somewhere, instead of the screen staying on where I dragged too it would snap back to where I started to drag. Another might have been in the shower. I clicked to watch the wife and it showed her bent over for a few seconds, then some image quickly flashed on the screen, and then the shower was empty and time had passed. I assume there was supposed to be scene there and the game just skipped over it for some reason.
Thank you for the description .. I'll look into it. THAT is a helpful bug report.

I know the map does jump back to center if yo let it go early. The scene you're talking about in the shower should end and jump time but it does sound abrupt. Definitely possible, thank you.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
You did write a troll comment. "I won't play it." Then why bother posting?
Perhaps, because like me, they are attracted / intrigued (characters, setting and story) by the game and also by your commitment to improve it and therefore expect a substantial improvement in the stability of the game, the renderings and (for what I have read) especially the gameplay.
For my part, I am not in a hurry and I am confident that it can happen and I also think that this can be an extra stimulus for you.
It is clear that no one forces anyone, they are opinions, but every dev must follow the path that he has traced according to his expectations and abilities.
The task, in this difficult field, is very hard and whoever gives up is lost.
I wish you the best.

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Perhaps, because like me, they are attracted / intrigued (characters, setting and story) by the game and also by your commitment to improve it and therefore expect a substantial improvement in the stability of the game, the renderings and (for what I have read) especially the gameplay.
For my part, I am not in a hurry and I am confident that it can happen and I also think that this can be an extra stimulus for you.
It is clear that no one forces anyone, they are opinions, but every dev must follow the path that he has traced according to his expectations and abilities.
The task, in this difficult field, is very hard and whoever gives up is lost.
I wish you the best.
If you're attracted by the story, characters, etc ... you should try the game if it appeals to you. If you're seeing "bug reports" or complaints about the renderings, or the gameplay, you should probably try it out and see if what the people reporting are true .. but just posting "I'll never play it" is wasting everyone's time and shitting on a game you have no intent of ever trying ... TOTALLY different from waiting to see or trying it out to see if it's something YOU like, finding out it's not for you and just moving along. Negativity only does one thing, ruin the developer's morale, especially when you've never even looked at the game, you shit on it, and make sure everyone see's how important you think you are by posting it for all to see. That's time wasting. If you TRIED IT and didn't like it, and you constructively say why ... CONSTRUCTIVELY ... then you've at least given it a go, and have an opinion the developer can use to say "Hey, thank you, I can make that better because I'm headed that way." or "Thanks for the opinion, but it's not the direction I'm headed. Thanks for trying it out."

BIG difference. Thank you for the well wishes.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
If you're attracted by the story, characters, etc ... you should try the game if it appeals to you. If you're seeing "bug reports" or complaints about the renderings, or the gameplay, you should probably try it out and see if what the people reporting are true .. but just posting "I'll never play it" is wasting everyone's time and shitting on a game you have no intent of ever trying ... TOTALLY different from waiting to see or trying it out to see if it's something YOU like, finding out it's not for you and just moving along. Negativity only does one thing, ruin the developer's morale, especially when you've never even looked at the game, you shit on it, and make sure everyone see's how important you think you are by posting it for all to see. That's time wasting. If you TRIED IT and didn't like it, and you constructively say why ... CONSTRUCTIVELY ... then you've at least given it a go, and have an opinion the developer can use to say "Hey, thank you, I can make that better because I'm headed that way." or "Thanks for the opinion, but it's not the direction I'm headed. Thanks for trying it out."

BIG difference. Thank you for the well wishes.
You convinced me and I will play with it and I will post my opinion, even if I will have to sacrifice time but as others have done I will not deny you my help.
However I tell you: do not be discouraged by negative posts or by people who may not be able to express themselves at that moment or improvise a judgment, I repeat, if you are convinced, follow your path.

Reactions: yoyomistro

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
I forgot to write that there are no threads where there are no negative posts even worse than here and that despite this they have achieved the success they deserved.
It means, you must have trust im yourself.

( English is not my language)

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
The story so far is banal and therefore also the approach to sex.
The characters (although I like them as a whole) could be improved (breasts not proportionate), I find them a little grainy and lacking in detail.
The gameplay is not the best but in my opinion even so it would not be a problem.
The scenery is also essential and therefore makes the game as a whole unpleasant.
I was not able, as you can see in the screenshot, to trigger the events of two characters, I don't know if due to my inability or because I did not follow a certain chronology of events.
In my opinion, the game needs a radical overhaul due to the aforementioned shortcomings.
I found no bugs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do not want to make comparisons with others but out there are devs (they are few) with which it is difficult to stand up to the competition.
However, everyone does their job and the market is varied and leaves room for different types of skills.
Games that in my opinion were bad, have instead achieved consistent successes, everyone has their own tastes and chooses as they like best.

I understand it won't be a great help but it is my honest judgment.

Good evening.

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
Is the scene where you confront James and Glenda broken for everyone or is it just me? Halfway through the scene, when you order james to fuck her in the ass it cuts back to the shot of Glenda's office with an empty chair and stays on that until the end of the scene.

Also who is Dan? The hints tell me that the next step for Rebecca is to "talk to her at Dan's".
Nevermind, Dan's is apparently the bar you meet James in.

I really want to like this, I'm a fan of the... style of the character designs but this is one of the buggiest things I've played on this site, really hope that's just temporary.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 4 Votes