VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
So I get the hate for Kaija, but it's a story/game so she will probably play a big part in the story somehow. For that reason alone I made a Kaija path. IRL once the trust is broken, especially the way it happened here, yea would never happen again. Simple reason is you can't trust anything she says including her promise to not lie anymore. As the saying goes "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

Cheaters and Liars are only sorry when they get caught. If they were truly sorry it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
So I get the hate for Kaija, but it's a story/game so she will probably play a big part in the story somehow. For that reason alone I made a Kaija path. IRL once the trust is broken, especially the way it happened here, yea would never happen again. Simple reason is you can't trust anything she says including her promise to not lie anymore. As the saying goes "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

Cheaters and Liars are only sorry when they get caught. If they were truly sorry it wouldn't have happened in the first place.
Honestly I get why people have that approach to her. But I also do think it depends on your own personality and personal experiences if she broke your trust or not . For me I don't see her as breaking my trust at all once I knew the context of everything but im a very understanding and forgiving and passive person . But that is only for one path , which is why I like her character so much. From what I understand she has 3 paths so id imagine id feel the same as you on 1 of the other 2.

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
any news about ETA?
YES i'm impatentially waiting :p
before you wanna flame me for stupid question's,here's more food :
i'm Team Kaija :p
She just did her fucking job...
Honestly I get why people have that approach to her. But I also do think it depends on your own personality and personal experiences if she broke your trust or not . For me I don't see her as breaking my trust at all once I knew the context of everything but im a very understanding and forgiving and passive person .
Absolutely true...
Cuz she never did it to hurt ya...

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
any news about ETA?
YES i'm impatentially waiting :p
before you wanna flame me for stupid question's,here's more food :
i'm Team Kaija :p
She just did her fucking job...

Absolutely true...
Cuz she never did it to hurt ya...
What changes the most about her is her background as your childhood friend/best friend. Of course, you are important to her regardless. If she only knew you since her mission was given and appeared magically in your life then that's another story.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DarkOs31

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
What changes the most about her is her background as your childhood friend/best friend. Of course, you are important to her regardless. If she only knew you since her mission was given and appeared magically in your life then that's another story.
Yeah, that's a fair take. I think my reservations about her are more romantic in nature. Kaija said she wasn't interested in the MC romantically, until she spent a lot of time with him (on the Templars' behest). This sullies the "origin story" somewhat, which is worsened by the mom & dad knowing about it, and likely pushing the two together. At least I remember something of a remark that his parents were always supportive of Kaija. Then, finally, Kaija still having secrets for the MC doesn't convince me she's all-in.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Yeah, that's a fair take. I think my reservations about her are more romantic in nature. Kaija said she wasn't interested in the MC romantically, until she spent a lot of time with him (on the Templars' behest). This sullies the "origin story" somewhat, which is worsened by the mom & dad knowing about it, and likely pushing the two together. At least I remember something of a remark that his parents were always supportive of Kaija. Then, finally, Kaija still having secrets for the MC doesn't convince me she's all-in.
What won me over mostly on the lovers path was the fact that she fought against them when ordered to be our girlfriend and only became our GF when she wanted to and not cause they ordered it. Though I read that bit of dialogue changes based on the path you are on.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
What won me over mostly on the lovers path was the fact that she fought against them when ordered to be our girlfriend and only became our GF when she wanted to and not cause they ordered it. Though I read that bit of dialogue changes based on the path you are on.
I remember reading the same on the "keep distance"-path (not sure what it's called officially, I haven't broken up with her)
What won you over makes the relationship based on a "lie" for me. Not really a lie, but it's the best word I can come up with. She did start to spend as much time as possible with the MC because of the Templars' orders, which ignited the flame. In a way, I think it would've been more kind of her if she swallowed those feelings and let the MC live a normal life.
Now compare that to today, where she's still the MC's bodyguard, but is hardly at home or spending time with him (not sure how she can bodyguard him under those circumstances). If they were in a happy relationship, then the choice would've been a lot easier.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I remember reading the same on the "keep distance"-path (not sure what it's called officially, I haven't broken up with her)
What won you over makes the relationship based on a "lie" for me. Not really a lie, but it's the best word I can come up with. She did start to spend as much time as possible with the MC because of the Templars' orders, which ignited the flame. In a way, I think it would've been more kind of her if she swallowed those feelings and let the MC live a normal life.
Now compare that to today, where she's still the MC's bodyguard, but is hardly at home or spending time with him (not sure how she can bodyguard him under those circumstances). If they were in a happy relationship, then the choice would've been a lot easier.
I understand your point and why you and others have issue with it. I just have a very understanding and forgiving personality. So the lie / secrets doesn't really bother me once I knew the context behind it.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I understand your point and why you and others have issue with it. I just have a very understanding and forgiving personality. So the lie / secrets doesn't really bother me once I knew the context behind it.
For me its about trust, I trust Kaija's loyalty to the Templars, but I don't trust her loyalty to the MC even on the Kaija love path, she still isn't sure herself who she is loyal too. Its also about how the MC would feel when you learn a secret like that and everyone around you knows it, even your family. I've been there, its brutal. It never leaves you. So I can't let Kaija and her parents get away with it.

Its one of the things I love about this VN so far, there is a price to be paid for such betrayal. Or you can forgive them all if the player wants, though that is unrealistic, but it is only a game after all.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
For me its about trust, I trust Kaija's loyalty to the Templars, but I don't trust her loyalty to the MC even on the Kaija love path, she still isn't sure herself who she is loyal too. Its also about how the MC would feel when you learn a secret like that and everyone around you knows it, even your family. I've been there, its brutal. It never leaves you. So I can't let Kaija and her parents get away with it.

Its one of the things I love about this VN so far, there is a price to be paid for such betrayal. Or you can forgive them all if the player wants, though that is unrealistic, but it is only a game after all.
yeah honestly I think it's one of those things you have to go through to truly understand because no matter how much I say I do get that point or view or understand I can't really without going through something like a betrayal or lost of trust in someone. Cause for me with knowing the context of the reasons I still trust her do to my lack of life experience and personality of being super forgiving and understanding but that personality comes from lack of life experience.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020

did you try her path at the beginning AND DIDN'T fuck her?
Cuz if you didn't fuck her,the dialogues are changing...
After that,she's more lovey dovey...
She's even questioning her loyalty

• Angry
Reactions: Maviarab

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
did you try her path at the beginning AND DIDN'T fuck her?
Cuz if you didn't fuck her,the dialogues are changing...
After that,she's more lovey dovey...
She's even questioning her loyalty
I did do the Kaija Love path or whatever it is called. She does question her loyalty but she is still loyal to the Templars first. She has made no decision to break trust with the Templars on that path, she just has doubts. After what she has done, being lovey dovey is the least she can do.

Its the same with cheaters, they will be lovey dovey after they cheat to appease their guilt while telling themselves they are "making it up" to their partner, even more so after they are caught. How can you trust them again? Even though I have played the love path I still have no trust in her character, but I thought it was only fair to play that path and get a more balanced view of her character.

Some disagree and that's okay. I admit it, I'm a hard ass once trust is broken, earning it back is a very difficult task. From my point of view, how will the MC ever trust her or his parents again? How long before they keep more secrets for "his own good". We don't even know if there is more secrets to come.

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
I did do the Kaija Love path or whatever it is called. She does question her loyalty but she is still loyal to the Templars first. She has made no decision to break trust with the Templars on that path, she just has doubts. After what she has done, being lovey dovey is the least she can do.

Its the same with cheaters, they will be lovey dovey after they cheat to appease their guilt while telling themselves they are "making it up" to their partner, even more so after they are caught. How can you trust them again? Even though I have played the love path I still have no trust in her character, but I thought it was only fair to play that path and get a more balanced view of her character.

Some disagree and that's okay. I admit it, I'm a hard ass once trust is broken, earning it back is a very difficult task. From my point of view, how will the MC ever trust her or his parents again? How long before they keep more secrets for "his own good". We don't even know if there is more secrets to come.
yeah,but if you DONT have sex with her,she will open up to you...
she will then explain why she did it ...
But yes,i would NEVER trust his family again...

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Do you recall at what point in the game this is by chance. my backlog is kind of full not wanting to replay this game right now but I only played it once and had sex with her so I do kind of want to maybe speed run and see this scene, since you said it's a bit different.

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
Do you recall at what point in the game this is by chance. my backlog is kind of full not wanting to replay this game right now but I only played it once and had sex with her so I do kind of want to maybe speed run and see this scene, since you said it's a bit different.
right at the start you can choose if you wanna have sex with her...choose NO...
then you'll have just breakfast with Kaija...
After this,she is rescuing you CUZ she loves you and NOT CUZ her boss orderd her...
fucking keyboard/auto corect O.O

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
While that is commendable of her, she has lied to the MC for years. My MC can't trust her. If you are okay with that, that is fine and I'm not saying anyone should like or dislike her. I am just confirming why that is not enough for me. If I am in a relationship then there better not be secrets between us or it won't end well. After my first marriage, I don't do secrets. Had she remained just friends then I would have no problem if my friend had a big secret, partners are a different story.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes