VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3340259

Hey everyone,

It's Friday. This time for real. Time for the new dev log...

This week was characterized by changed plans.
Last week I wrote, that I'd work on animations and that it would be the last scenes before the main part of the Chapter.
Both turned out to be bullshit...
I decided to change (expand) the dialog of the current scene because the initial version just felt rushed/forced. The additional dialog came with the need for quite a few more renders.

The second change concerns the next scenes.
I decided to add an additional scene because the setup does make more sense that way.
On the positive side of things, it'll have a character from Chapter 4 in it that wasn't planned to have a role in Chapter 5.

Next week will be pretty busy with family stuff.
I'll try to squeeze in as much TNT work as possible but expect lower progress numbers for next week.

Speaking of numbers, the ones for this week are:
89 new static renders, a total of 494
1 new animation, a total of 4
216 new lines in the script file, a total of 1516

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag
Another week, another set of scrumptious numbers. As Ceolag said, he's completed 89 statics, 1 animation and 216 words in the last week. That brings his overall average to roughly 91 statics, 0.7 renders and 280 lines per week since work on Chapter 5 officially began. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No major insights this week. Progress remains fairly steady. The previews are interesting though: apparently Kari will finally have a little downtime to spend with the MC. That could be awesome if she's willing to answer some questions before we get distracted by whatever else the two might get up to. I'm still curious how we get to Ljosalfar from here; I'll admit, I'll be a little disappointed if it turns out Mac only sealed off his bar because he was sick of elves dropping by and pestering him for mead.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch5_preview_18.png

Hey everyone,

it's time for the usual Dev Log.
As I mentioned last week, this week has been pretty busy with family stuff and the numbers were expected to be lower than last week.
So let's just get to the depressing numbers for this week...
I finished 0 animations this week which is 100% less than last week (1) and... uhm... yeah...
I got 101 static renders done and added ~340 lines to the script file which is both higher than last week (89 and 216).

Conclusion?! Spend more time with the fam, the game develops itself...

To be fair, the scene was already set up and the characters had their outfits so I could focus on posing and rendering.
For next week, I still have to do some renders for the current scene but I hope to finish them before the next Dev Log and start with the animations for the next 2 scenes.

total numbers for this week:
static renders: 595
animations: 4
script lines: 1857

Guess that's it for today already.
I'll get back to being lazy and watch my render queue magically grow.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3359210

Hey everyone,

it's time for the usual Dev Log.
As I mentioned last week, this week has been pretty busy with family stuff and the numbers were expected to be lower than last week.
So let's just get to the depressing numbers for this week...
I finished 0 expressions this week which is 100% less than last week (1) and... uhm... yeah...
I got 101 static renders done and added ~340 lines to the script file which is both higher than last week (89 and 216).

Conclusion?! Spend more time with the fam, the game develops itself...

To be fair, the scene was already set up and the characters had their outfits so I could focus on posing and rendering.
For next week, I still have to do some renders for the current scene but I hope to finish them before the next Dev Log and start with the animations for the next 2 scenes.

total numbers for this week:
static renders: 595
animations: 4
script lines: 1857

Guess that's it for today already.
I'll get back to being lazy and watch my render queue magically grow.

Cheers,
Ceolag
Expressions? There was no mention of an expression being completed last week! Have you been holding out on us, Ceolag?

Well, no sense crying over spilled milk, let's focus on this week. Ceolag completed 101 static renders, 0 animations, and 341 script lines. That brings his overall average to ~93 statics, 0.6 animations and 290 lines (and 0.2 expressions!) per week since work on Chapter 5 officially began. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Aside from reinforcing the importance of family time, this week does continue the trend of being faster on statics and lines while slower on animations relative to the only available historical comparison. I have no idea if that means anything significant, it's just interesting to note.

Anyway, while the picture of Kate Ceolag showed here is lovely, I thought the more interesting preview was of Kate scrambling over the bar towards the MC. Makes me wonder if there are variations of the scene with and without Kari. That could be fun, depending on how it shakes out.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Found this game through yossa999's signature. I love it!
While I have "tried before buying", this is a must-buy on Steam for me.

The only nitpick I have, is that "t h i s   m a k e s   m e   f e e l   l i k e   I 'm   t a l k e d   t o   l i k e   a   c h i l d"
It just breaks my reading-flow every time.

Apart from that, great characters (the little I saw of them because even being in a rocky relationship, I won't flirt with other women), the story is nice and captivating, and is supported by extensive world-building. Some days do feel a bit empty unless you have another LI lined up. I didn't expect the MC to stay at home on the 2nd day, instead of going into work when declining the beach date.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Found this game through yossa999's signature. I love it!
While I have "tried before buying", this is a must-buy on Steam for me.

The only nitpick I have, is that "t h i s   m a k e s   m e   f e e l   l i k e   I 'm   t a l k e d   t o   l i k e   a   c h i l d"
It just breaks my reading-flow every time.

Apart from that, great characters (the little I saw of them because even being in a rocky relationship, I won't flirt with other women), the story is nice and captivating, and is supported by extensive world-building. Some days do feel a bit empty unless you have another LI lined up. I didn't expect the MC to stay at home on the 2nd day, instead of going into work when declining the beach date.
Quetzzz dude...just look where I post regularly and if you not tried it...download asap and play! ;)

And remember....down with Kaija ;)

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
And remember....down with Kaija
I haven't made up my mind about her yet. The fact that she's still keeping secrets about her past and motivation doesn't speak in her favor. But, I also think she's been honest about her feelings. That said, I'm keeping her at arm's length atm, actions speak louder than words. I also want the MC to make her clear up a few things... Exactly where did she draw the line when following orders? Did she ever have to seduce someone else?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I haven't made up my mind about her yet. The fact that she's still keeping secrets about her past and motivation doesn't speak in her favor. But, I also think she's been honest about her feelings. That said, I'm keeping her at arm's length atm, actions speak louder than words. I also want the MC to make her clear up a few things... Exactly where did she draw the line when following orders? Did she ever have to seduce someone else?
Gooood....GOOOOOOD.....

Close Helmet 2.gif

Reactions: Quetzzz
4.40 star(s) 38 Votes