VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Hey, Kaija discussions all day long or not, it's still nice to see 130 pages of discussions for VN with 4 releases so far.
Might attract some people to see what all the fuss is about.

And as long as they don't see Joshy's comments, maybe they'll even stay.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Quetzzz and Ceolag

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
See that's the thing, I don't think Templars are a cult. They are proper organization, with capable leadership and all
Her speach to the MC about how noble her order is and her oaths...suggests very differently. One could argue she's literally been brainwashed. You know what other cults organisations do that?
Ceolag ! do you enjoy your popcorn right ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Oh he loves it and his VN gets duscussion going like some other devs could only imagine and dream of.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ceolag and xapican
Oct 10, 2022
In her own words (not love path), everything except initial friendship was a lie.
That's just INSANE when you think about it.
She willingly decided to lie to, seduce and spy on a person she calls friend.
You know that saying: "With friends like these, who needs enemies.". Kaija is very personification of that expression.
To be fair, everyone around here, expect the delusional ones (hello Joshy), just accepts Kaija is an evil, lying, backstabbing piece of shit at her not love path.When we are discussing about her we mainly are referring her so-called love path.

Other than that, I mostly agree with you, except I do think they are a cult or at least operates like one.

Her speach to the MC about how noble her order is and her oaths...suggests very differently. One could argue she's literally been brainwashed. You know what other cults organisations do that?
Agreed.

Ceolag ! do you enjoy your popcorn right ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Edit: by the way they are a order, even after they were dissolved, they are a Brotherhood like the Free Masons, Rosicruziamums, Opus Dei. or the Assesins in former times.
Ceolag, every time someone starts discussing Kaija (coloured)

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
To be fair, everyone around here, expect the delusional ones (hello Joshy), just accepts Kaija is an evil, lying, backstabbing piece of shit at her not love path.When we are discussing about her we mainly are referring her so-called love path.

Other than that, I mostly agree with you, except I do think they are a cult or at least operates like one.

Agreed.

Ceolag, every time someone starts discussing Kaija (coloured)
Gonna be lit when MC marries Kaija in the end, becomes head Templar, and starts a family that will guide the organization into the future and prevent human genocide by the evil elves. ;):ROFLMAO::devilish:

Oct 10, 2022
Gonna be lit when MC marries Kaija in the end, becomes head Templar, and starts a family that will guide the organization into the future and prevent human genocide by the evil elves. ;):ROFLMAO::devilish:
Gonna be lit when MC marries Kaija in the end, becomes head Templar, and starts a family then feel a knife at his back Kaija twisting. ;):)(y)

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
They valued their job over their child, to the point of ruining his life so they can sleep better at night, for his own good or whatever.
Yeah, the MC won't ever be sure if that new woman he meets was planted by the Templars. Even IF they'd say they wouldn't, or that the threat has passed, he won't ever know for sure.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
To be fair, everyone around here, expect the delusional ones (hello Joshy), just accepts Kaija is a evil, lying, backstabbing piece of shit at her not love path.
No, and please refrain to call me delusional because I perceive things different than you, I respect your point of view, and understand our different tolerances, that what you said above is easy taken as when you have the whole truth,
were for real you have only a part of it, and you see this information as you are, not how it was transmitted by its creator (dev in this case) and we don't have any information about what events in the past lend to the actual events here and now .
Realize that here in this game there is no Black or White, Nor good or Evil,
If you see the catholic church as a cult then yes.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yeah, the MC won't ever be sure if that new woman he meets was planted by the Templars. Even IF they'd say they wouldn't, or that the threat has passed, he won't ever know for sure.
That is why we have our lovely Medb, i'd say the risks for that are small with her and she'd likely happily stick a icicle up Templar Statham's or daddy's ass.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
That is why we have our lovely Medb, i'd say the risks for that are small with her and she'd likely happily stick a icicle up Templar Statham's or daddy's ass.
Yeah, she's a safe choice in that regard. Though I wouldn't want her to fight the MC's battles either. :ROFLMAO:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yeah, she's a safe choice in that regard. Though I wouldn't want her to fight the MC's battles either. :ROFLMAO:
No, not fighting his battles, i'd rather see it as a couple activity, shared hobbys and and all :LOL:
Sure, they are just a larger cult, same for other religions

Oct 10, 2022
No, and please refrain to call me delusional because I perceive things different than you, I respect your point of view, and understand our different tolerances, that what you said above is easy taken as when you have the whole truth,
were for real you have only a part of it, and you see this information as you are, not how it was transmitted by its creator (dev in this case) and we don't have any information about what events in the past lend to the actual events here and now .
Realize that here in this game there is no Black or White, Nor good or Evil,
Are you defending her at the not-love path? If so, there sure is black and white, good and evil. she is all the bad things. Let me remind you, on the not-love path.

Are they not? :D

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Are you defending her at the not-love path? If so, there sure is black and white, good and evil. she is all the bad things. Let me remind you, on the not-love path.
that is exactly what I meant my point, I'm not defending nor atacking anyone, on the not love path you can have her as ally just that there is no emotional attachment, and you win a powerfull sidekick, If you wan't to pursue any other girl you must go on that path, and even so, the other option would be the strange guy from the pub, In my eyes much less thrustworthy , and skilled as Kaija, and that is exactly what Linaee says "make peace with each other" which doesn't mean you forgive or fall in love with her just that you act not out of grief or revenge, If you are with high points on Fiona path, you see Fiona act similar to Kaija, shadowing your meeting with your father, (if you told her that is) and if Kaija act like a Ice cold bitch, that is because your choices for MC responses.
Also what I understood, what Ename144 said, in one of his posts. No don't like Kaija, I'm not saying that she is a innocent vulnerable being. Only thing I ask is stop antagonizig her, till you have more information or proof,

Oct 10, 2022
that is exactly what I meant my point, I'm not defending nor atacking anyone, on the not love path you can have her as ally just that there is no emotional attachment, and you win a powerfull sidekick, If you wan't to pursue any other girl you must go on that path, and even so, the other option would be the strange guy from the pub, In my eyes much less thrustworthy , and skilled as Kaija, and that is exactly what Linaee says "make peace with each other" which doesn't mean you forgive or fall in love with her just that you act not out of grief or revenge, If you are with high points on Fiona path, you see Fiona act similar to Kaija, shadowing your meeting with your father, (if you told her that is) and if Kaija act like a Ice cold bitch, that is because your choices for MC responses.
Also what I understand what Ename144 said in one of his posts. No don't like Kaija, I'm not saying that she is a innocent vulnerable being. Only thing I ask is stop antagonizig her, till you have more information or proof,
Oh, if you meant that I am all for that. I also try to keep cordial relationship with her, there is no need to antagonise her until we can do something. If we can use her to that goal even better, give her own medicine. Tbh, I prefer playing her love path and trying to get from Templars as much as possible, only thing I do is I choose Fiona over them if I had to and that's it. When the time comes I'll stuck the knife deep enough to bleed, but not too deep so they die immediately. If being evil and justifying treachery is the virtue, I can do better. ;)

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Having now experienced everything so far I really only have two problems with the game:

1. Mainly stems from a pet peeve that I have with certain stories and that is "It's always a bad idea to start a VN with a girlfriend/boyfriend unless they're a/n bitch/asshole. Because if they're awesome, and you want to stay with them, then every other character interaction is basically cheating and ignoring those people shortens the game immensely. Especially a game like this, where the Developer states clearly that this is not a harem/open relationship game.

2. The Main Character looks like he fell of a cliff and hit every branch on the ugly tree face first on the way down.
Like I cannot remember the last time I saw someone who looked worse. His dad is handsome, his sister is hot, his mom is older but it's clear she was amazing looking. He looks like shit on the side of the road in comparison.

• Haha
Reactions: ename144

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
1. Mainly stems from a pet peeve that I have with certain stories and that is "It's always a bad idea to start a VN with a girlfriend/boyfriend unless they're a/n bitch/asshole. Because if they're awesome, and you want to stay with them, then every other character interaction is basically cheating and ignoring those people shortens the game immensely. Especially a game like this, where the Developer states clearly that this is not a harem/open relationship game.
Always a risky tactic with having to come up with a believable way to rid yourself of said LI if not interested. Hardly worth complaining about though, unless you want a harem and can;t be assed doing multiple routes.

The Main Character looks like he fell of a cliff and hit every branch on the ugly tree face first on the way down.
Like I cannot remember the last time I saw someone who looked worse. His dad is handsome, his sister is hot, his mom is older but it's clear she was amazing looking. He looks like shit on the side of the road in comparison.
Large doese of subjectivity there Wolf. There are far far worse MC's out there. I could name over 100 right now. Least isn't the same one as every other Vn out there.

Curious though, your account been hacked or everything ok with you? You've been unusually critical and agressive the last couple of days.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 38 Votes