VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I thought the same thing. I played Steph's path in LOF and was able to see Steph in a new light and gave her character a break. I am also giving Kaija a chance by playing her love route. The difference is, I'm not feeling very forgiving of Kaija unlike Steph. Steph's love, remorse, commitment, etc to the MC was obvious. With Kaija not so much. Her loyalty remains with the Templars and I not convinced my character can trust her.
100% this.
Normally I would agree but Linnae was right, they were about to head off in to dangerous territory, they had to be able to work together and communicate. Linnae was right to force them to talk in my opinion. I didn't like it sure, but it was necessary. Still, telling the Templars to fuck off would be rather satisfying :ROFLMAO:.
And why did we need to go to Neverwhere? At that point we have no debt to anyone. Your the Templars...you go fucking save my dad. Why am I here exactly? No, Linnea can go stick a thorny branch up your ass. That is the very sign of what the Templars are all about. You will do this,....you will do what we tell you to.
Don't give two shits. I didn't want to go with Kaija. Should've sent me with herself or someone else. Forcin me to talk only made the situation worse. I took every bad choice.
100% this. Ordering us around like we're a new fucking recruit?

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Next come the elves. My strategy with them is not yet very clear, I will have to study them properly. I think I should start with Medb, she and I seem to get along well, although it won't be easy to seduce her, but a handsome guy like my MC will eventually sweettalk the red-haired, sharp-eared beauty into the bed. Let's play on her arrogance, inflated self-esteem, underestimation of the opponents and curiosity about the magical dick that some human beings are blessed with.

So when Medb eats from my palms, I'll use her to figure out how to seduce and sleep with the albino elven queen. She probably has hidden buttons that need to be pressed, and Medb will tell me all about it. And once the queen becomes my obedient slut, there will be time to think about what's important, about the world domination and all that shit.
Hmm if we stay with Kaija or dating Elea or Fi, how does fooling around with elves effect those relationships? We might need Ceolag to clarify how the love interest mechanic is going to work? I'm fine with staying loyal to my LI as I'm playing four saves but how will the Elves work for those paths?

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
100% this.

And why did we need to go to Neverwhere? At that point we have no debt to anyone. Your the Templars...you go fucking save my dad. Why am I here exactly? No, Linnea can go stick a thorny branch up our ass. That is the very sign of what the Templars are all about. You will do this,....you will do what we tell you to.

100% this. Ordering us around like we're a new fucking recruit?
I wanted to go to Neverhwere for three reasons. One, I am a curious bugger at times. Two, I'm a hands on guy and wanted to have as much info I could to make decisions. Three, the Templars had so far fucked everything up, so my MC was determined to to be at the Vanguard of things because he has no trust in the Templars. Visiting Neverwhere was a step towards knowledge and rescuing his father so he could give his father a smack in the mouth.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I wanted to go to Neverhwere for three reasons. One, I am a curious bugger at times. Two, I'm a hands on guy and wanted to have as much info I could to make decisions. Three, the Templars had so far fucked everything up, so my MC was determined to to be at the Vanguard of things because he has no trust in the Templars. Visiting Neverwhere was a step towards knowledge and rescuing his father so he could give his father a smack in the mouth.
All fair points indeed GoA (especially the last one )...but at that point in the story, we're a clueless office worker. Exactly what are they expecting us to do by ordering us to speak to someone (we may not want to) and taking us somewhere we've never been before?

I could understand fully..if the life-debt with Medb was 'before this'...then we have a reason to learn, to go to Neverwhere...see the woods etc...as we know we have to travel to neutral ground to make the deal. Befiore that though...we have literally zero reason to do anything for the templars...go anywhere...or listen to them (regardless of daddy being the big boss man), yet we're treated like an unpaid intern.

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
All fair points indeed GoA (especially the last one )...but wat that point in the story, we're a clueless office worker. Exactly what are they expecting us to do by ordering us to speak to someone (we may not want to) and taking us somewhere we've never been before?

I could understand fully..if the life-debt with Medb was 'before this'...then we have a reason to learn, to go to Neverwhere...see the woods etc...as we know we have to travel to neutral ground to make the deal. Befiore that though...we have literally zero reason to do anything for the templars...go anywhere...or listen to them (regardless of daddy being the big boss man), yet we're treated like an unpaid intern.
That was my reasons on my first play through. I didn't know much at that stage. I half expected Neverwhere to be a fascinating magical place, not a run down city of human filth. That is curiosity for you, sometimes curiosity nearly gets you killed lol

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
That was my reasons on my first play through. I didn't know much at that stage. I half expected Neverwhere to be a fascinating magical place, not a run down city of human filth. That is curiosity for you, sometimes curiosity nearly gets you killed lol
Yeah, as Kaija told us in neverwhere that the 'gods' were real and actually responded sometimes if called/or prayed to i really wanted to give that a try, sadly we didn't get the chance...

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You better ask MC all of those questions, because he sure does enjoy the puff puff life of having his family seem so well off as opposed to his own life. He enjoyed being their spoiled brat, his mom even got him off work for whatever she wanted MC to do otherwise, MC accepted without a second thought: he sure is invested to ”join the family business” so all of your diss towards them is nonsense. MC wants to be a templar and he wants all the perks that come with it.
And why did we need to go to Neverwhere? At that point we have no debt to anyone. Your the Templars...you go fucking save my dad. Why am I here exactly?
Yeah, as Kaija told us in neverwhere that the 'gods' were real and actually responded sometimes if called/or prayed to i really wanted to give that a try, sadly we didn't get the chance...
Well .. MC never dived even a little bit in the occult, even after all that has happened to him now. You would want stuff that MC never even spared a thought for, yet MC is just happy to be the boy toy of this or that outworldly entity that takes a shine to him for one reason or another.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Has anyone else been playing Assassin's Creed for too long and been wondering when someone with a hidden blade will show up and try to kill us?
haha yes the first time I played this and found out about Templars i'm like okay so where is Ezio or Altair and when are they gonna show up cause the Templars need to be purged.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
In her own words (not love path), everything except initial friendship was a lie.
That's just INSANE when you think about it.
She willingly decided to lie to, seduce and spy on a person she calls friend.
You know that saying: "With friends like these, who needs enemies.". Kaija is very personification of that expression.
The exact details of Kaija's early relationship with the MC are a little muddled. No one seems to dispute their childhood friendship was authentic, and her feelings for the MC at the start of the game are governed by actions we take in the early chapters. It's the bit between those two markers that gets confusing.

As you note, Kaija explicitly says "pretty much everything except the original friendship" was a lie. But a few lines earlier in that conversation (at least on the love path) she strongly objects to the idea she'd chosen to "lie and pretend [she] like(s)" the MC. On its face it seems like a contradiction, and I suppose it could be one if this is ultimately a writing glitch.

But if we have to fit the two comments together, my guess is that the "pretty much everything except the original friendship" being referenced on all paths varies considerably in scope based on Kaija's path. On a path with very low points, it refers to the whole relationship: she effectively seduced the MC. On a path with high points, it refers only to her spending more time with the MC doing "friend stuff:" in this case, the lie was the excuse to spend more time with him, but the intimacy that grew out of the situation was genuine.

That's how I interpret it anyway. It's obviously possible Kaija is lying about not pretending to like the MC, but it's hard to see why she'd lie about that if she then goes on to admit she was faking something in the same breath. She's discussing her own feelings, so it's not like she'd worry we might catch her in some contradiction.

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Reddit...bunch of circle jerkers in an echo chamber (who only really discuss a handful of VN's anyway)...who cares....
Its exposure for the dev and the game. I agree game awards don't mean a lot but its some positive promotion for Neverwhere and a pat on the back for Coelag so it doesn't hurt to encourage and support our fearless dev.

Reactions: ename144

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
This VN deserved a win, just one vote off. Still congrats Ceolag.

Most Underrated AVN
  1. Zero End - 56
  2. The Neverwhere Tales - 55

Reddit...bunch of circle jerkers in an echo chamber (who only really discuss a handful of VN's anyway)...who cares....
Two words -> Sounds like -> Tuck Petit:

FUCK REDDIT!

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Its exposure for the dev and the game. I agree game awards don't mean a lot but its some positive promotion for Neverwhere and a pat on the back for Coelag so it doesn't hurt to encourage and support our fearless dev.
Yes, more exposure for Coelag is nice...even on reddit...

I even fully agree with the most overrated AVN category, well deserved DPC.
But who the fuck votes badik for 1st place in monogamy games, are there actually people who play the game like that :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

But who the fuck votes badik for 1st place in monogamy games, are there actually people who play the game like that :ROFLMAO:
There were some weird winners :eek: .
Hopefully Neverwhere will pick up some new players. This VN certainly deserves it.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

Yeah. But did you see what was written under? "We're still suckin your dick, this is a joke."

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Thanks, GOA. :)
To be fair, even being in the Top 5 for a category is pretty cool considering there are literally thousands of AVNs out there.

But yeah, next time I need to create 57 bot accounts to vote for me, 55 wasn't enough, obviously. :ROFLMAO:

P.S.: reddit here, reddit there, the people and mods of the AVNCommunity (who organized these "awards") and AVNLovers subreddits are good and nice people and really don't deserve any ill-speaking, imo. For the rest of the reddit universe, I mostly agree... ;)

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Thanks, GOA. :)
To be fair, even being in the Top 5 for a category is pretty cool considering there are literally thousands of AVNs out there.

But yeah, next time I need to create 57 bot accounts to vote for me, 55 wasn't enough, obviously. :ROFLMAO:

P.S.: reddit here, reddit there, the people and mods of the AVNCommunity (who organized these "awards") and AVNLovers subreddits are good and nice people and really don't deserve any ill-speaking, imo. For the rest of the reddit universe, I mostly agree... ;)
Generally speakin: Fuck Reddit. Not sayin fuck every community section. But in general.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes