VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Having now experienced everything so far I really only have two problems with the game:

1. Mainly stems from a pet peeve that I have with certain stories and that is "It's always a bad idea to start a VN with a girlfriend/boyfriend unless they're a/n bitch/asshole. Because if they're awesome, and you want to stay with them, then every other character interaction is basically cheating and ignoring those people shortens the game immensely. Especially a game like this, where the Developer states clearly that this is not a harem/open relationship game.
Still better than most since you only need to be with her for 1 or 2 chapters then you can get rid of her.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Because if they're awesome, and you want to stay with them, then every other character interaction is basically cheating and ignoring those people shortens the game immensely.
Yeah, I'm the same. I don't see every interactiona as cheating, though I did turn down the beach date for that reason. And, even if the relationship with Kaija isn't great, the MC still is in that relationship... IMO if he wants to date different people, he should break it off with Kaija first.
I kinda wish we had that option when Kaija changes their plans because she has to work. A soft break-up, saying that this relationship isn't working out. Kaija could reply that she wants to talk about it when she gets back. Then it's up to the player to interpret the situation, if they're broken up or not in the MC's mind, making it easier to justify meeting other women.

Reactions: ename144

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm the same. I don't see every interactiona as cheating, though I did turn down the beach date for that reason. And, even if the relationship with Kaija isn't great, the MC still is in that relationship... IMO if he wants to date different people, he should break it off with Kaija first.
lol I never thought about it like that in this game until this post. Since my first time it did kind of feel like a break up until he is forced to talk things out but you are totally right they were technically still together just weren't speaking.

Reactions: Quetzzz

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
lol I never thought about it like that in this game until this post. Since my first time it did kind of feel like a break up until he is forced to talk things out but you are totally right they were technically still together just weren't speaking.
Bein forced to talk about things doesn't help anything. It just pissed me off even more. IF I want to talk I will, if I don't, don't force me, it won't be pretty.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Bein forced to talk about things doesn't help anything. It just pissed me off even more. IF I want to talk I will, if I don't, don't force me, it won't be pretty.
yeah that part was a bit weird for me. On one hand I wanted that conversation to happen was waiting for that scene in fact. Being being forced and not letting the MC or Kaija to start that conversation made it a bit sour to me. Made me dislike that Templar a bit forgot her name, and she is the only Templar other than Kaija I kind of liked the rest of the Templars can die for all I care.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
yeah that part was a bit weird for me. On one hand I wanted that conversation to happen was waiting for that scene in fact. Being being forced and not letting the MC or Kaija to start that conversation made it a bit sour to me. Made me dislike that Templar a bit forgot her name, and she is the only Templar other than Kaija I kind of liked the rest of the Templars can die for all I care.
If I didn't talk to her on the bench, tryin to force me later was a shit move. I just wished Ceolag would've gave us the option to tell that lady "Hell no." or "Fuck off."

Reactions: qaywsx and Maviarab

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Kaija sorta reminds both in appearance and story of Stephanie from Leap of Faith.
I thought the same thing. I played Steph's path in LOF and was able to see Steph in a new light and gave her character a break. I am also giving Kaija a chance by playing her love route. The difference is, I'm not feeling very forgiving of Kaija unlike Steph. Steph's love, remorse, commitment, etc to the MC was obvious. With Kaija not so much. Her loyalty remains with the Templars and I not convinced my character can trust her.

It depends on your point of view. Once Kaija confessed at the parent's house, I considered the relationship over. So I had no problems going on dates with Elea, Fiona, etc. It was a bit soon of course but that is the way it is with VNs.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
If I didn't talk to her on the bench, tryin to force me later was a shit move. I just wished Ceolag would've gave us the option to tell that lady "Hell no." or "Fuck off."
Normally I would agree but Linnae was right, they were about to head off in to dangerous territory, they had to be able to work together and communicate. Linnae was right to force them to talk in my opinion. I didn't like it sure, but it was necessary. Still, telling the Templars to fuck off would be rather satisfying :ROFLMAO:.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Normally I would agree but Linnae was right, they were about to head off in to dangerous territory, they had to be able to work together and communicate. Linnae was right to force them to talk in my opinion. I didn't like it sure, but it was necessary. Still, telling the Templars to fuck off would be rather satisfying :ROFLMAO:.
Don't give two shits. I didn't want to go with Kaija. Should've sent me with herself or someone else. Forcin me to talk only made the situation worse. I took every bad choice.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
It depends on your point of view. Once Kaija confessed at the parent's house, I considered the relationship over. So I had no problems going on dates with Elea, Fiona, etc. It was a bit soon of course but that is the way it is with VNs.
Cant recall what point it was explained. But yeah I think I was 1/2 way out of the door at that point at least until I got learned about her going against order to date us thing on the love path. So that's probably why it never crossed my mind either.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Don't give two shits. I didn't want to go with Kaija. Should've sent me with herself or someone else. Forcin me to talk only made the situation worse. I took every bad choice.
Fair enough. I took mostly angry choices on my paths except for Kaija love path of course.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
yeah it was orders from the Templars to date us but she fought against orders on the love path to not date us and won. Only later when she wanted to she dated us. I know that's not the case for the other 2 paths
IIRC the templars wanted her to date the MC, she was against it and MC's parents/father saids she doesn't need to.
Later she dated the MC out of her own choice, reason being it made her job easier.
She didn't have any other feelings than friendship for the MC at this point thought and as far as i remember that's the same for all paths until that point.
The difference is only if she actually fell in love the MC along the way, or if it was all a lie from start to finish.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Honestly if I didn't like Kaija I probably wouldn't have played this past the first chapter.
Because I'm someone who also doesn't like forced relationships in these games.

Luckily for me Kaija is my favourite by far.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Visiting this thread is like coming back home on vacation. It's always so nice and cozy here, and you guys are still playing our favorite "Kick the Kaija". :KEK:
After a year I moved from "Kaija is a yet another annoying mandatory girlfriend, a cheating bitch, who is pulling Steph and can't be trusted" to justifying and accepting her.
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-neverwhere-tales-v0-4-0-ceolag.126219/post-11053362

But now I think it's time to move forward. I must make her my favorite pet and loyal agent in the ranks of the templars, since, despite daddy, they do not seem to trust me very much. She will help me seize power in the Order and make it my reliable handy tool. Most likely I will have to sleep with Linnae too, she has the influence and power in Order and will help bring down the old goats from the council.

Next come the elves. My strategy with them is not yet very clear, I will have to study them properly. I think I should start with Medb, she and I seem to get along well, although it won't be easy to seduce her, but a handsome guy like my MC will eventually sweettalk the red-haired, sharp-eared beauty into the bed. Let's play on her arrogance, inflated self-esteem, underestimation of the opponents and curiosity about the magical dick that some human beings are blessed with.

So when Medb eats from my palms, I'll use her to figure out how to seduce and sleep with the albino elven queen. She probably has hidden buttons that need to be pressed, and Medb will tell me all about it. And once the queen becomes my obedient slut, there will be time to think about what's important, about the world domination and all that shit.

Fuck, I almost forgot about Fi, I'll definitely need her help with my plan, she's clearly more than she seems. And she has royal connections. And she seemed to like my MC, so let's do a little romance while I have some spare time.

Yeah, it's settled then. Being a manwhore is the path to Glory!

And yeah! It seems that someone didn’t like the way the MC looked. Well that's easy to fix, here's one MC who just finished his job in the game "Become a Rock Star". This dude is known as the most handsome guy in the AVN world. So, he's available and currently looking for a MC position, how about he join the casting here?

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Visiting this thread is like coming back home on vacation. It's always so nice and cozy here, and you guys are still playing our favorite "Kick the Kaija". :KEK:
After a year I moved from "Kaija is a yet another annoying mandatory girlfriend, a cheating bitch, who is pulling Steph and can't be trusted" to justifying and accepting her.
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-neverwhere-tales-v0-4-0-ceolag.126219/post-11053362

But now I think it's time to move forward. I must make her my favorite pet and loyal agent in the ranks of the templars, since, despite daddy, they do not seem to trust me very much. She will help me seize power in the Order and make it my reliable handy tool. Most likely I will have to sleep with Linnae too, she has the influence and power in Order and will help bring down the old goats from the council.

Next come the elves. My strategy with them is not yet very clear, I will have to study them properly. I think I should start with Medb, she and I seem to get along well, although it won't be easy to seduce her, but a handsome guy like my MC will eventually sweettalk the red-haired, sharp-eared beauty into the bed. Let's play on her arrogance, inflated self-esteem, underestimation of the opponents and curiosity about the magical dick that some human beings are blessed with.

So when Medb eats from my palms, I'll use her to figure out how to seduce and sleep with the albino elven queen. She probably has hidden buttons that need to be pressed, and Medb will tell me all about it. And once the queen becomes my obedient slut, there will be time to think about what's important, about the world domination and all that shit.

Fuck, I almost forgot about Fi, I'll definitely need her help with my plan, she's clearly more than she seems. And she has royal connections. And she seemed to like my MC, so let's do a little romance while I have some spare time.

Yeah, it's settled then. Being a manwhore is the path to Glory!

And yeah! It seems that someone didn’t like the way the MC looked. Well that's easy to fix, here's one MC who just finished his job in the game "Become a Rock Star". This dude is known as the most handsome guy in the AVN world. So, he's available and currently looking for a MC position, how about he join the casting here?
Yossa bro, I plan on doing lots of hardcore stuff with Kaija
That includes things like
Handholding, cuddles & other various lewd things.

These other girls just can't compete with her beauty and her personality.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes