VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
yeah I always mention games like this one for example when it makes sense to do when someone over at one of those 2 subreddits ask for recommendations.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ceolag

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
This game does have one thing that... annoys me? I hate when content is gated in choices. "See this person or See this person." Which I understand this isn't a harem game, so you're picking your favorite, but even then that's a problem too.

Because if you choose to stay with Kaija, then why are we being given the option to go see anyone? Hell, I'm basically cheating on her with both Elea and Fiona in different saves and I have a fuck buddy in one as well. So I'm curious how this works out. Are we going to get a DanielsK style choice at the end like "Decide to be with this girl, even though you're a cheating piece of shit who was seeing everyone at once" or are there going to be consequences later?

I mean Fiona caught you with Elea, but the reverse wasn't true. So I can only imagine if you keep seeing the others, Kaija will catch you at some point. The dev also seems to be indicating that Medb will be a love interest eventually but that's SOOO far down the road at this point that it feels like having been locked into a decision with Kaija makes even less sense now.

Unless there's some ending where you get two (throuple is not a harem, don't start) I don't really understand what's going on in the dev's mind when they created this type of relationship progression.

Also, why is Jess the best girl in the game in both looks and personality? It seems really unfair.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: holaje12

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
This game does have one thing that... annoys me? I hate when content is gated in choices. "See this person or See this person." Which I understand this isn't a harem game, so you're picking your favorite, but even then that's a problem too.

Because if you choose to stay with Kaija, then why are we being given the option to go see anyone? Hell, I'm basically cheating on her with both Elea and Fiona in different saves and I have a fuck buddy in one as well. So I'm curious how this works out. Are we going to get a DanielsK style choice at the end like "Decide to be with this girl, even though you're a cheating piece of shit who was seeing everyone at once" or are there going to be consequences later?

I mean Fiona caught you with Elea, but the reverse wasn't true. So I can only imagine if you keep seeing the others, Kaija will catch you at some point. The dev also seems to be indicating that Medb will be a love interest eventually but that's SOOO far down the road at this point that it feels like having been locked into a decision with Kaija makes even less sense now.

Unless there's some ending where you get two (throuple is not a harem, don't start) I don't really understand what's going on in the dev's mind when they created this type of relationship progression.

Also, why is Jess the best girl in the game in both looks and personality? It seems really unfair.
Sorry Wulf but....

:rolleyes: :FacePalm:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

I don't know about anyone else but I run five saves, one for each LI and I tend to take the "no" option for everyone but my LI. What can I say, I'm old loyal romantic at heart. The fifth save is a no LI path that I am basically a man whore, but in reality I'm just exploring minor character paths so I can make sure I don't miss anything in the story.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I don't know about anyone else but I run five saves, one for each LI and I tend to take the "no" option for everyone but my LI. What can I say, I'm old loyal romantic at heart. The fifth save is a no LI path that I am basically a man whore, but in reality I'm just exploring minor character paths so I can make sure I don't miss anything in the story.
Yeah I kind of do the same in most game. Only difference is I play as manwhore at first till I learn enough about the LI unless one gets my attention right away. However I dont make the saves for the other LI right away until I know I like them or dont hate them , or at the very least interested in seeing their content. Cause there are some LI in some games I have zero interest in ever playing their paths and then there ones that I only play their path just to see the content.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Yeah I kind of do the same in most game. Only difference is I play as manwhore at first till I learn enough about the LI unless one gets my attention right away. However I dont make the saves for the other LI right away until I know I like them or dont hate them , or at the very least interested in seeing their content. Cause there are some LI in some games I have zero interest in ever playing their paths and then there ones that I only play their path just to see the content.
I don't always play all LI paths either in a lot of games. I wouldn't play Kaija path in this one normally, but I love the world and characters Coelag has created so I want to follow all the paths. In saying that, you never know Kaija might win me over one day.

Somewhere Defenestrator just choked on his coffee. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Yeah I kind of do the same in most game. Only difference is I play as manwhore at first till I learn enough about the LI unless one gets my attention right away.
It's more or less the reverse for me. I like to know what (or who) I'm getting myself into, so I tend to play celibate unless an LI just draws me in. It also lets me focus on the overarching story, and see if things fall apart if the MC isn't fucking everyone.
It also lets me discover the rules of the AVN before making mistakes. Some AVN (or LI) treat the first kiss as the start of a monogamous relationship, others consider it a normal part of dating and let the MC hook up with other women.
Also, it's sometimes surprising how going against the grain breaks some AVNs' narrative. The choices and options to ignore an LI are there, but the consequences aren't worked out.
In this aspect, TNT does it better than most. The LIs are part of the story, but the game handles their absence just fine. There's enough happening, that even if you ignore every LI, you still have content to play through.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
It's more or less the reverse for me. I like to know what (or who) I'm getting myself into, so I tend to play celibate unless an LI just draws me in. It also lets me focus on the overarching story, and see if things fall apart if the MC isn't fucking everyone.
It also lets me discover the rules of the AVN before making mistakes. Some AVN (or LI) treat the first kiss as the start of a monogamous relationship, others consider it a normal part of dating and let the MC hook up with other women.
Also, it's sometimes surprising how going against the grain breaks some AVNs' narrative. The choices and options to ignore an LI are there, but the consequences aren't worked out.
In this aspect, TNT does it better than most. The LIs are part of the story, but the game handles their absence just fine. There's enough happening, that even if you ignore every LI, you still have content to play through.
hmmm that style of play never occurred to me might try it sometime. Since often enough I tend to restart my runs and make a proper solo save anyways

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I don't always play all LI paths either in a lot of games. I wouldn't play Kaija path in this one normally, but I love the world and characters Coelag has created so I want to follow all the paths. In saying that, you never know Kaija might win me over one day.

I also have Kaija path (sorry Def :p) and as you said, not a LI i'd normaly be interested in. I play her path mainly because i'm for one interested if we get a different angle of the templars and my main reason, i want to see her reaction if i go against her beloved order :whistle:

Oct 10, 2022
I also have Kaija path (sorry Def :p) and as you said, not a LI i'd normaly be interested in. I play her path mainly because i'm for one interested if we get a different angle of the templars and my main reason, i want to see her reaction if i go against her beloved order :whistle:
As long as you choose the right path at the end you can have fun on Kaija's expense I am not against that. I also play Kaija path, which you people refer as manwhore path. So I have Fiona path & Elea path, in both of them I keep Kaija at arm's length not too close not too far. I will have Medb path, totally gonna antagonise Kaija on that path. A Kaija love path too, which my MC goes for everything with 2 legs. :)

My main one will be Fiona, though recently I start to have a weird feeling that ties her to Kaija. :unsure:

This is spooky, this literally happened to me with my morning coffee without any apparent reason. Kinda weird because I usually don't drink coffee. :unsure::D

Oct 10, 2022
I actually see the benefit of this. I know a few games that the story is better if you don't go for sexual options. i.e. rise of white flower.

Oct 10, 2022
And???? Please elaborate
It does not work in my benefit so I'd refrain to give ideas to Ceolag. ;) But I think Fiona and her past tied to Elves and she does not like Elves. So, I feel like backstabbing Kaija in the future in favour of Elves will have huge negative effects on Fiona. If I am right and if we have an option to betray MC's family, Kaija and Templars that would lock us on Medb path and cannot pursue Fiona or any other LI other than Medb.

Why do I think that? On my last play through, I went for Fiona and Kaija love path to see if there is anything changed. I did not see any particular change but I felt like even after MC talked about what happened to him, Fiona was sympathetic towards Kaija and Templars. There is nothing I can pinpoint tbh and it's just a gut feeling but still thinking about being nice to Kaija so I can pursue Fiona makes my skin crawl. :unsure:

Please, don't get any ideas from this Ceolag.

• Haha
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: xapican and Ceolag

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
It does not work in my benefit so I'd refrain to give ideas to Ceolag. ;) But I think Fiona and her past tied to Elves and she does not like Elves. So, I feel like backstabbing Kaija in the future in favour of Elves will have huge negative effects on Fiona. If I am right and if we have an option to betray MC's family, Kaija and Templars that would lock us on Medb path and cannot pursue Fiona or any other LI other than Medb.

Why do I think that? On my last play through, I went for Fiona and Kaija love path to see if there is anything changed. I did not see any particular change but I felt like even after MC talked about what happened to him, Fiona was sympathetic towards Kaija and Templars. There is nothing I can pinpoint tbh and it's just a gut feeling but still thinking about being nice to Kaija so I can pursue Fiona makes my skin crawl. :unsure:

Please, don't get any ideas from this Ceolag.
That is certainly a plausible theory. While being nice to Kaija is not something I'm keen on either, I suspect Kaija watching the MC and Fiona's evolving real relationship every day would piss her off so there could be a pay off to that path as well.

Oct 10, 2022
That is certainly a plausible theory. While being nice to Kaija is not something I'm keen on either, I suspect Kaija watching the MC and Fiona's evolving real relationship every day would piss her off so there could be a pay off to that path as well.
Tbh, I don't give a shit what ever Kaija is thinking or will think and I haven't put any thoughts on that but the other way around makes me vary of her. :unsure:

Btw, did you like what you did? Ceolag put thinking face reaction, he is totally gonna do that and we all will suffer. :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ceolag

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes, more exposure for Coelag is nice...even on reddit...

I even fully agree with the most overrated AVN category, well deserved DPC.
But who the fuck votes badik for 1st place in monogamy games, are there actually people who play the game like that :ROFLMAO:
I play every game monogamously including that one.
I avoid harems or multiple girls whenever I get the choice.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie
4.40 star(s) 38 Votes