VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Finally into Chapter 4 and "Cold as Ice" hasn't shown up on my Journey (at least if it's where I think it should be based on the ordering given and scene set-ups).

I think it should appear when we see the guys beating on the one dude in Neverwhere, and we either refuse to get involved generally, or we ask Kaija to get involved and she refuses (I've gotten both responses to "I can't" depending on what Kaija route I'm on). What's the secret handshake for this one since playing both ways on both of those paths didn't trigger?
Iirc it's not on that scene, it's a bit more down the way, to chapter 5 , It is involving certain Elven beauty ;)

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3468313

Hey everyone,

This week has been somewhere between busy and annoying.
I'll start with the annoying part. My PC started to reboot randomly out of nowhere. Not reproducible.
Sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after 8 hours. Sometimes when trying to render, sometimes while being idle.
But most of the time between 30 to 60 minutes after I went to bed... so the PC could sit idle for the whole night instead of rendering. Thank you, Murphy.

First idea for that behavior would be broken RAM but they seem fine.
Second idea (because it mostly happens when render queue starts a new render): GPU or power supply. Doesn't explain the random restarts while being idle.
The check of the Windows Event Viewer brought up an error message for a service called GameInput Service. Every time before a restart...
A bit of Google research (because yes, Microsoft, I don't have anything better to do than troubleshoot your fucking updates) brought up my exact problem of random restarts connected to that service.
The service was running with 2 instances, an old one and a newer one, and Windows apparently doesn't like that.
A check of the installation date of the new service brought up the 12th of March. And that fits the timeline of the restarts happening pretty close.

I got rid of the old service and that hopefully fixes the issue now.

Moving on to the busy part.
Despite the restart issues, the progress was still pretty good. As planned, I got my new test build up and running which seems to run stable without issues.
At least something that works as intended...
Story-wise we're back in Neverwhere and the focus of this week was on static renders and writing. That means: No new animations ;)
On the other hand, we have 93 new static renders and 296 new lines in the script file. It's good to see some progress on those numbers again.

Total numbers:
93 new, 944 static renders in total
35 animations
296 new lines, 2637 in total

I'm pretty positive I'll hit the 1000 renders mark within the next week.

That's it for now, guys.
Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Ceolag

View attachment 3468323
Based on Ceolag's well-presented numbers, he is now averaging roughly 83 static renders, 3.1 animations and 230 lines per week since work on Chapter 5 officially began. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Despite the computer troubles, this was the second most productive non-animation week of the development thus far, so I'd say things are going well.

I'm very curious to learn how the MC apparently wound up in a nightclub in Neverwhere, to say nothing of what he's actually doing there. Personally I'm not all that keen to see more of Nightingale so that part is a bit of a miss, but otherwise the new previews definitely have my interest.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Iirc it's not on that scene, it's a bit more down the way, to chapter 5 , It is involving certain Elven beauty ;)
That was my first thought, but these things have otherwise been in the order that was provided as a list when another of my questions was answered.

I'll play one of these out and save a few to come back to.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
That was my first thought, but these things have otherwise been in the order that was provided as a list when another of my questions was answered.

I'll play one of these out and save a few to come back to.
Do not help the Man and when you come across the fight with Medb decide not to help the Elfes, Kaija runs in anyway

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
And tells you to make it back...on your own...to the door...even though she is there, because it's a dangerous place...

And you shouldn't be there alone...

:unsure:

:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Uhh getting Ice storm from Kaija? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: that happens only if you are under certain love points with her, I found it funny as I played trough both paths how her attitude changes

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
by the way did you get the scene with "big bad Kaija" in the apartment ? I know it is like asking pears from an oak, to you guy's since you dislike her, I mean instead of visiting Fiona in the studio.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
permutations
sorry to much interpreting and my brain is smashed, how do you guy's use this word ? In which context? it exist in spanish as well but it is rarely used, and when in a comercial context, "permutar" means that you leave your old to the dealer and get a discount on the new Item, (mostly with cars, Landmashines, and technical equipment)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
sorry to much interpreting and my brain is smashed, how do you guy's use this word ? In which context? it exist in spanish as well but it is rarely used, and when in a comercial context, "permutar" means that you leave your old to the dealer and get a discount on the new Item, (mostly with cars, Landmashines, and technical equipment)
Permutations in English is every available option, change, variable, chain reaction etc.

Or:

The term permutation refers to a mathematical calculation of the number of ways a particular set can be arranged. Put simply, a permutation is a word that describes the number of ways things can be ordered or arranged

• Red Heart
Reactions: xapican

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Permutations in English is every available option, change, variable, chain reaction etc.

Or:

The term permutation refers to a mathematical calculation of the number of ways a particular set can be arranged. Put simply, a permutation is a word that describes the number of ways things can be ordered or arranged
now go ahead and tell me you have all the possible intertwined saves and I'll be impressed :ROFLMAO:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
now go ahead and tell me you have all the possible intertwined saves and I'll be impressed :ROFLMAO:
You'd better sit and prepare a good sip of Whisky, to read his answer.! :ROFLMAO: ;)
Maviarab thank's a lot ! really apreciate, it is more used in a high register english am I right ? (Im preparing my english exam as Interpreter so really apreciate your help with your language)

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You really want me to asnswer that and tell you how many saves I have ;) I'll give you a small clue though, it's less saves than I have for KG ;)

You'd better sit and prepare a good sip of Whisky, to read his answer.! :ROFLMAO: ;)
Maviarab thank's a lot ! really apreciate, it is more used in a high register english am I right ? (Im preparing my english exam as Interpreter so really apreciate your help with your language)
Ehh yeah I guess so in the context I think you mean. It's not an every day word or a word I imagine used by 'the masses'. I did do English Lit at school and then have a degree in English also (beleive it or not from some of my many typo's rofl) but for something like a VN, I think it's a word that fits perfectly as there are many 'permutable' paths. So yeah, maybe my use of the English language is perhaps of a higher standard/knowledge than many but I also like using words that perfectly descibe something.

Good luck with exam too btw.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
You really want me to asnswer that and tell you how many saves I have ;) I'll give you a small clue though, it's less saves than I have for KG ;)
ok I'll bite, I have 10 different saves for intertwined, but honestly I could have 10 more and probably wouldn't cover every possible option :ROFLMAO:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I don't remember if it was a song (Dr. Demento or mainstream hip-hop, maybe) or a comedy routine (Ron White may have done something similar)...

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I don't remember if it was a song (Dr. Demento or mainstream hip-hop, maybe) or a comedy routine (Ron White may have done something similar)...
it's a reference to the Tarantino movie From Dusk Till Dawn

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
it's a reference to the Tarantino movie From Dusk Till Dawn
That adds to the meaning of the achievement as well.

Saw the movie, but don't remember the reference. There's also some kind of song, like I noted, but I can't remember where or who.

Reactions: Elduriel
4.40 star(s) 38 Votes