VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
it's a reference to the Tarantino movie From Dusk Till Dawn
That adds to the meaning of the achievement as well.

Saw the movie, but don't remember the reference. There's also some kind of song, like I noted, but I can't remember where or who.

Reactions: Elduriel

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
That adds to the meaning of the achievement as well.

Saw the movie, but don't remember the reference. There's also some kind of song, like I noted, but I can't remember where or who.
in that case

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
in that case
Had to find a version that didn't want you to sign in, but, yeah, that's the scene and, no, that isn't what I was thinking of. What I'm remembering has a slow base line and a little light percussion, deep male voice (think Barry White), maybe some back up singers repeating at the end of the line. Could have been pussy, could have been butt, might have been tits, but it's a thing.

Might need to do some weird searches to see if I can find it at some point - maybe some singer or comedian just set that scene to a drum machine or synthesizer loop...

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
not really into that game myself, played it once like what, 2 years ago? Was turned off by the way too many paths and fetishes that I didn't like. Maybe I'll check it out once it's done
It's a different expierience when you have the right documentation at hand,
Sorry but I'll stop talking about other games I always feel that I'm disrespecting Ceo in this case, and since this is one of my fav games, I really don't want to.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
no judgement here, I used to use excel and browser bookmarks to keep track of my AVNs until I realized F95checker existed :ROFLMAO:
Why would I need to keep track of them when I have them in alphabetical order, organised by MC or FMC and whether completed and keeping or actively following? Don't need no checker I've never heard of to do it for me.

However, a VN with hundreds of variables to keep track of and multiple LI paths...then yes, I make a sheet ;)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
It's a different expierience when you have the right documentation at hand,
Sorry but I'll stop talking about other games I always feel that I'm disrespecting Ceo in this case, and since this is one of my fav games, I really don't want to.
you are right about that, not the first thread that got nuked for stuff like that :ROFLMAO:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
no judgement here, I used to use excel and browser bookmarks to keep track of my AVNs until I realized F95checker existed :ROFLMAO:
I still prefer my excel sheets over F95checker granted yet to check the app out but I doubt it has a way to account for my laspe of memory once in awhile and not being able to recall the last version of an AVN ive played. While Excel does unless I forget to manually update it lol.

Oct 10, 2022
Uhh getting Ice storm from Kaija? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: that happens only if you are under certain love points with her, I found it funny as I played trough both paths how her attitude changes
No it happens in any case, if MC says let's not get involved she says I am going in. Also she says go back on your own in all cases.
by the way did you get the scene with "big bad Kaija" in the apartment ? I know it is like asking pears from an oak, to you guy's since you dislike her, I mean instead of visiting Fiona in the studio.
I did and I enjoyed it to see her breaking down, I hope we'll see her in similar situation more. :devilish:

Reactions: xapican

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I own several Abions. That Molay replica is a wall hangar, but the Albion, while made by modern methods, is "real". The Type XIIa also tended to not have a curved cross - usually one of the straight styles that gave the true "crucifix" look to it. The sword asset used in the VN uses a guard that is too broad, and a pommel that is too bulky - but it's difficult to do them to proper scale in an illustrated environment like this and not have it disappear.

As for the other sword found, an anthropomorphic hilt like that would have been a bit smaller - of single hand proportions and the sword type would have predated the Oakeshott typology - dipping back into the "Migration era" and even back into the bronze age. Very much associated with the Celtic culture and would have used a "spatha" type blade in the iron age - typically a bit shorter, usually lenticular cross section, no fullers. Leaf blades also existed and could have been used with that type of grip, but you usually see those in bronze/bronze age rather than steel/iron age.
What about XVIIIb? It looks similar too. :unsure:
An XVIIIb is a much longer sword with a much more slender blade, and typically having a much longer grip. Blade cross section is typically a flattened diamond and there is no fuller. It dates much later, to mid-15th into the 16th century, while the XIIa started to appear more mid-13th century. One of my Albions is of this type.

Last edited:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
speaking of sharp things.... :devilish:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Too bad it's such a small render...:LOL:

She's carrying the anthropomorphic blade that was also recovered. I was suspecting she's from a VERY OLD Celtic family and when she left "a few years ago", she meant "centuries". ;)

As noted in my other comment - the grip is too big and the blade too long to be accurate to what it's modeled upon. If they reduced the asset to only 50%-60% (spitballing), it would be much more plausible.

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes