VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Maybe she didn't faked it and it was her way to give MC an easy opt out on that route, because obviously their relationship was a little bit tensed as you can see when you don't get the early relationship points. You've to act more cold towards her to get on her "it was just friendship" path. Acting cold isn't helpful in a relationship. What if she does love him but recognized her jobs hurts MC and their relationship way too much and with the truth about being a Templar on the table, she decided to sacrifice herself to give MC the opportunity to start new?
I don't think she did it as a deliberate sacrifice, but I generally agree. Kaija was reluctant to 'commit' to the relationship precisely because of the inability to come clean about her real job - at least on the love path. That put even more of a strain on the relationship since to the MC it appeared like she was being distant, leading to the situation we saw at the start of the game.

Maybe my interpretation is a bit different then or I just simply forgot something been awhile and I do need to replay anyways whenever the update drops. But damn if that's the case kind of weird and pointless to fight against the order on the love path if she is going to do it anyways only to make her job easier. My interpretation always been she never did it to make her job easier on the love path but did it cause it was something she actually wanted but of course she be a fool not to use it to her advantage for her work too.
The exact details of Kaija's relationship are a mess, partially because her motivations retroactively change based on our actions, and partially because the dialog was kept a little vague on the details (I suspect to facilitate the branching).

My own take is that Kaija didn't intend to get into a relationship with the MC. She intended to get closer to him by doing "friend stuff" to facilitate her role as a bodyguard, which I take to mean moving in with him and spending a lot of time together. The relationship happened accidentally, partially because the MC saw it as natural, and partially because Kaija went along with it (likely since there was no graceful way to back out without spilling the beans). On the Love path she really enjoyed spending time with the MC and eventually developed feeling for him, whereas on the other paths it was more a matter of convenience and she never felt anything beyond a basic friendship.

That's the only way I can see to square her insistence that she didn't intend to start a fake relationship with her admission that "everything but the original friendship" was an act.

boys i come to you with a theory. we know linnae HAD a relationship but shit was tough because of her job and it wasn't healthy to raise a family. we never got conclusive evidence that she SAID she didn't have a child though, just that her husband left and her duty wasn't fit to raise a family.
View attachment 3787564
i noticed this necklace after replaying because i had forgotten the story, i remember it was a banger but forgot alot of the details but then i realized
View attachment 3787565
elea has the same necklace. what do we know about elea's family? her mom split and never bothered to look for her and her dad died. she has always believed in mythologies and likes to study them for fun. what do you think the chances are theres a relation here?
Interesting idea.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sep 9, 2022
Could be... but I know 3 or 4 girls with that as a tattoo. The eye of Ra isn't that unusual a symbol...
the tattoo seems to be the symbol for the templar order i believe since kevin and kaija both have it on their hands but the same necklace seemed coincidental and the way that the scene in the elea's bathroom focused on that corner where the necklace was seemed to show it was important to see. i mean it could very well just be a reused asset and im jumping to deep down rabbit holes but i don't think i noticed it the first time around

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
Not that tattoo - the eye of Ra.
Are you sure it's the eye of Ra? I know the way it's sitting it is a right eye, but that necklace could be turned around and it would become a left eye.

I'm not an expert by any means, only remember some things my daughter told me, when she was studying it a couple of years ago and I may be remembering wrong.

I though the eye of Ra symbolized masculinity, strength, power, and protection through violence.
While the eye of Horus symbolized femininity, restoration, protection, and deflecting malevolent forces.

Which one would suit Linnae better? I really don't know, (I can see a case for both), but I'm wondering about the significance since Elea has the same/similar one.
Perhaps it is deliberately made to be able to apply for both Horus & Ra.

Or maybe it's just a necklace and I'm wasting far too much time thinking about it.

Sep 9, 2022
Are you sure it's the eye of Ra? I know the way it's sitting it is a right eye, but that necklace could be turned around and it would become a left eye.

I'm not an expert by any means, only remember some things my daughter told me, when she was studying it a couple of years ago and I may be remembering wrong.

I though the eye of Ra symbolized masculinity, strength, power, and protection through violence.
While the eye of Horus symbolized femininity, restoration, protection, and deflecting malevolent forces.

Which one would suit Linnae better? I really don't know, (I can see a case for both), but I'm wondering about the significance since Elea has the same/similar one.
Perhaps it is deliberately made to be able to apply for both Horus & Ra.

Or maybe it's just a necklace and I'm wasting far too much time thinking about it.
gotta wait for the next update or until ceolag hits us with that "i would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for that dumb dog and pesky kids!" for confirmation but until then good work gang, pretty sure we solved another mystery
1719878160506.png

Kaio Crisis

Jan 14, 2019
boys i come to you with a theory. we know linnae HAD a relationship but shit was tough because of her job and it wasn't healthy to raise a family. we never got conclusive evidence that she SAID she didn't have a child though, just that her husband left and her duty wasn't fit to raise a family.
View attachment 3787564
i noticed this necklace after replaying because i had forgotten the story, i remember it was a banger but forgot alot of the details but then i realized
View attachment 3787565
elea has the same necklace. what do we know about elea's family? her mom split and never bothered to look for her and her dad died. she has always believed in mythologies and likes to study them for fun. what do you think the chances are theres a relation here?
I also had some small thoughts about that back when chapter 4 was released, I'm glad you guys are actually developing on it.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes