VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes

BruceWayne123

Nov 11, 2022
MC is the Prophet of Silence.

I'm still waiting for Medb storyline. Elves can make or break the game for me since I'm not a big fan of the Templars. One scene in three chapters is definitely not enough.

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
you can have some hope at least ^^

I'm pretty sure that the mc is the 2-year-old boy that Fiona saved and that she watches over him.
She thinks that getting close to the mc will lead to a deasaster if we hug her in the park and given the way she talks about her family, she's probably an elf that hide her true apparence or maybe a fairy and given how evasive she is about when she left ireland, if the mc is indeed that boy it's been about 20 years and if she told him, he'd understand that something's wrong, since Fiona's appearance doesn't really match that of a woman of at least 40 years old (on the other hand, she'd be another girl who's lying/hiding some pretty important things from him, and he might not like it too much when he finds out, especially since there's already his family + Kaija. .. ^^)

soadeths

Dec 4, 2021
I've just started the game again, and I've got a lot of errors in chapter 1 at the moment. :cry:

EDIT

same with chapter 2, I keep getting errors because of tags like {it} or {bt}.

am I the only one? or because of the mod?

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I've just started the game again, and I've got a lot of errors in chapter 1 at the moment. :cry:

EDIT

dont you have mod-thread for those complains?

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
There is no way he's fully human.

He shrugs off a Succubus, faces down an Elf and throws Kaija off balance who's been sold to us as the best fighter they have and beat the shit out of the first guy easily.

Not to mention he seems to attract other non humans. Fiona is obviously something else, Medb deff is.

Don't know what he is but human he is not.
I imagine in the last Ep, the MC takes a grip of his hair on top of the head and with a short move, he removes the mask, revealing white hair, yellow eyes and a big scar in the face. This would explain everything. :cool:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
As I said, I don't know if the mod is the problem, because it doesn't replace anything in the game.
and yet, here we are?
there is no such problems with the clean (non-modded) game...

once again, if there is a separate mod-thread, and you are using it and getting errors, posting related complains there would be advisable.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
you can have some hope at least ^^

I'm pretty sure that the mc is the 2-year-old boy that Fiona saved and that she watches over him.
She thinks that getting close to the mc will lead to a deasaster if we hug her in the park and given the way she talks about her family, she's probably an elf that hide her true apparence or maybe a fairy and given how evasive she is about when she left ireland, if the mc is indeed that boy it's been about 20 years and if she told him, he'd understand that something's wrong, since Fiona's appearance doesn't really match that of a woman of at least 40 years old (on the other hand, she'd be another girl who's lying/hiding some pretty important things from him, and he might not like it too much when he finds out, especially since there's already his family + Kaija. .. ^^)
That's so fucked up you might be right! o_O

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I imagine in the last Ep, the MC takes a grip of his hair on top of the head and with a short move, he removes the mask, revealing white hair, yellow eyes and a big scar in the face. This would explain everything. :cool:
Sounds like Geralt but if that was the case he would have fucked the Succubus into submission, banged Medb for diplomacy and peace talks then banged Kaija in the ring to make her feel better about getting her ass kicked.

Then he'd have to go find a sorceress to fuck because apprantly he has a type.

BruceWayne123

Nov 11, 2022
Sounds like Geralt but if that was the case he would have fucked the Succubus into submission, banged Medb for diplomacy and peace talks then banged Kaija in the ring to make her feel better about getting her ass kicked.

Well, Medb is already a mage. :sneaky:

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020

EDIT

Without seeing the errors it's impossible to say for sure, but if the game has been modded it's 99% safe to say the mod is the problem since neither I nor any of my testers had a single error message let alone tons of them.
Mods usually need adjustments after new releases. If you have a mod for v0.2 and try to play 0.3 with that chances are high you'll run into problems.

Not because I want to screw you over but because it's just impossible to keep track of all mods and their different changes to the core files.

In a nutshell: Ask the mod dev to update his mod to v0.3

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Line with id b1_ch1_sc1_wakeup_74a6cb6d appeared twice, at game/b1_ch1.rpy:12 and game/code/chapters/b1_ch1.rpy:12.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\RPY\TheNeverwhereTales-0.3-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\RPY\TheNeverwhereTales-0.3-pc\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "E:\RPY\TheNeverwhereTales-0.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "E:\RPY\TheNeverwhereTales-0.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "E:\RPY\TheNeverwhereTales-0.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 427, in finish_load
self.translator.take_translates(all_stmts)
File "E:\RPY\TheNeverwhereTales-0.3-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 166, in take_translates
raise Exception("Line with id %s appeared twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
Exception: Line with id b1_ch1_sc1_wakeup_74a6cb6d appeared twice, at game/b1_ch1.rpy:12 and game/code/chapters/b1_ch1.rpy:12.

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.0.22062402

Wed Jun 21 21:30:10 2023
Same as above but you already figured it out, right? Sorry for the late response couldn't get back to you earlier.

The Northern Irish riots were in 1969.

Either way they happened long before she should have been born let alone part of. I'm guessing we'll find the kid she saved is now a full grown man.

A lot of things she hints at make her sound far older than she looks and the fact she talks to her dog.

I'm guessing with her love for nature she's probably some sort of Fae.
The little history geek in me wants to add, that The Troubles lasted until 1998. While 1969 is technically correct, they lasted for 30 years after that. ;)

Well, Medb is a mage at least. Does that count? I mean Triss is a mage, too. If yes it'd be 2 birds with 1 stone :ROFLMAO:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The little history geek in me wants to add, that The Troubles lasted until 1998. While 1969 is technically correct, they lasted for 30 years after that. ;)
I'm Welsh so don't have much experience in the troubles of Ireland and only got the basics in school (although my cousin was involved in the IRA bombings in Manchester).

I don't know dates but I do know the British Army was involved for a long stretch of those troubles. In fact I do know the last of them pulled out in 99 because my girlfriends brother was in 2 Para and they were the last to leave from Dungannon, County Antrim.

So, how accurate what I know is based on stories and they are biased from both sides, I don't know how many of those riots after the Brits were involved were Irish fighting their own and how much was the Irish fighting the brits.

I do know somewhere between 1970 and 1980 it stopped being about Protestants V's Catholics and basically became the Irish wanting the Brits the fuck outta the country and going to very great lengths to make it happen.

I bring this up because, if i'm guessing right, Fiona's involvement and that of her family would be near the start of it and by the mid to end they would either have gotten bored or taking bets on the chaos.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Without seeing the errors it's impossible to say for sure, but if the game has been modded it's 99% safe to say the mod is the problem since neither I nor any of my testers had a single error message let alone tons of them.
Mods usually need adjustments after new releases. If you have a mod for v0.2 and try to play 0.3 with that chances are high you'll run into problems.

Not because I want to screw you over but because it's just impossible to keep track of all mods and their different changes to the core files.

In a nutshell: Ask the mod dev to update his mod to v0.3

Same as above but you already figured it out, right? Sorry for the late response couldn't get back to you earlier.

Well, Medb is a mage at least. Does that count? I mean Triss is a mage, too. If yes it'd be 2 birds with 1 stone :ROFLMAO:
thats why i use only 0x52_URM

as much as those wt mods helps the ppl sometimes
its a known issue that ppl play with outdated mods and going to post errors everywhere ...
common sense - just saying

Reactions: Ceolag

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Ah, I see your point now. Didn't catch that the first time and just wanted to put the time frame into perspective as it's a pretty long time.
No offense meant, of course. :)

IDontGetWomen

Sep 9, 2021
It isn't even that for me personally. It's that she had this personal oath that she supposedly built her entire life around in this hidden world, chose to break it to save MC and continues to keep secrets after reveling the organization to MC. In the time after the stuff is revealed to MC he tries a few times to either be intimate or to have the talk with her but she blows him off, not having enough time. And when the MC calls her out on it she says she has MORE secrets that she doesnt feel comfortable sharing...

She is with the MC for years, supposedly loves him, breaks her oath which is the most important thing in the world for her and she still cant make time for MC, nah thats a garbage person who doesnt give two shits about you.
doesn't she also BLATANTLY say that she never actually loved you and she was with you because she had to be for the "oath" like naaah fuck kaiji lmfao. one of the most hateable characters I've seen in a VN in a while. and I play fucking NTR games constantly so that's saying something.

lies for years, faked an interest in you and being your girlfriend / friend for years, and then doubles down on caring more about a personal oath THAN you. hell nah.

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes