VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
OK, I'm a little confused. I have multiple playthroughs for each of the three LIs. When I was focused on Kaija, I chose to smack her ass at breakfast and then leave the bathroom door open. Otherwise, though, I did all of the positive things I could think of (being understanding on the phone, texting to check on her, telling her to be careful beside the car, etc.). On that specific playthrough I'm told I got a max of 3 points out of 3.

However, when I then did my next playthrough and focused on Fiona, by the end I was told I had 3 points out of a total of 5. If there are 5 points total, than my first playthrough should've shown a total of 5 possible, right? I understand maybe getting more points with other choices, but the total points shouldn't change. So it's a total of 5 and I screwed up on my Kaija playthrough?

Maevos

May 4, 2019
OK, I'm a little confused. I have multiple playthroughs for each of the three LIs. When I was focused on Kaija, I chose to smack her ass at breakfast and then leave the bathroom door open. Otherwise, though, I did all of the positive things I could think of (being understanding on the phone, texting to check on her, telling her to be careful beside the car, etc.). On that specific playthrough I'm told I got a max of 3 points out of 3.

However, when I then did my next playthrough and focused on Fiona, by the end I was told I had 3 points out of a total of 5. If there are 5 points total, than my first playthrough should've shown a total of 5 possible, right? I understand maybe getting more points with other choices, but the total points shouldn't change. So it's a total of 5 and I screwed up on my Kaija playthrough?
I noticed the same thing. If you don't smack her ass and have sex with her, then you end up getting more points. Her behaviour towards you also changes throughout the chapter. For example she abandons her mission and comes to your rescue instead of being sent there by her supervisor. She also tells the MC that she'll explain everything instead of delegating it to his mom.

But by doing this you miss a gallery entry and an achievement. I feel like the complete opposite should be happening. Having sex with your girlfriend should bring you closer, not further apart, expecially when it is initiated by her.

Reactions: mofonistik

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I noticed the same thing. If you don't smack her ass and have sex with her, then you end up getting more points. Her behaviour towards you also changes throughout the chapter. For example she abandons her mission and comes to your rescue instead of being sent there by her supervisor. She also tells the MC that she'll explain everything instead of delegating it to his mom.

But by doing this you miss a gallery entry and an achievement. I feel like the complete opposite should be happening. Having sex with your girlfriend should bring you closer, not further apart, expecially when it is initiated by her.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
First time seeing a Dev releasing the first update and didnt had a patreon page in the OP. Weird but probably Dev will add later.

Reactions: BarbarrossaNA

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Hey guys,

Some answers here. I'll try to cover everything.
Any idea why I can't extract the renders and that retarded UnRen tells me it can't locate the python.exe file ?? Is there a fix for that or something ??

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Good morning everyone,

First of all: Thanks for all the kind words. I really appreciate it (and constructive criticism like broken thumbs too :LOL:)

Ceolag this game is a nice piece of work. Till now i have just finished the, lets call it "Kaija path".
Loved the Captain America, Monthy Python and Crocodile Dundee references. something that you could put an ey on it are facial expressions, would me much better.
I can see that you had put much effort into the game, wish you best of luck for this game.

Howdy!
Thanks, Mortarion. I usually spend a significant time on expressions. Doesn't necessarily mean I get them right every time ;-)
If you can point me to the ones you think need work, please tell. Shoot me a DM or something. I'd love to take your input.

Meh, I'm sorry. You're right. It should show a total of 5. Always. It does not, if you skip breakfast because the code line with the increase of the counter was in a wrong position.
I use two counters, one for the total possible points and one for the points you actually gained. The total is only for the summary at the end of the chapter. The important one is the other. The points you actually gained.
So while it always sucks to have such bugs, this one is a visual bug only. Your playthrough is not fucked up.

Any idea why I can't extract the renders and that retarded UnRen tells me it can't locate the python.exe file ?? Is there a fix for that or something ??
Cause Ren'Py version 8 and you probably used Unren for Version 7.
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ol...-0-v3-unren-v-8-0-0-v-3-unren-windowed.92717/
UnRen-v.8.0.0(v3).zip should be working. Haven't tested it on my game but on another Ren'Py v8 game.

Two other things I saw being discussed:
Kaija bath vs breakfast.
-CookieMonster666- pretty much nailed it in his spoiler. It's intended to represent lust vs. love.

Patreon.
Some already noticed. There is none. I haven't fully decided if I ever set it up. If you want to support me, chat with me here or on discord, tell me your opinion on things, what you like or don't like. I'm fine with that.
If I ever set up a Patreon page (or any other financial support), it'll always be considered a 'tip jar' and not a 'pay me for my content'-thingy.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Nice start and looking forward to more.. had some familiar Leap of Faith character vibes from the gf Kaija which isnt a bad thing to be compared to.. good luck and hope the rest of the development goes well..
fyi - you may want a better f95 banner as it doesnt reflect the quality of the actual product.. 1st impressions and all that... plus the characters shown dont look as good as they are in game..

Additional - Elea seems nice but unless you made her that way.. her face comes across a little harsh which offsets her style a bit.. love the eye makeup choice but as i said her jawline and Kaija just ever so slightly look harsh and sharp.. its your game and i do like it.. just maybe soften the edges a little on facial features like jawline and chin, cheekbones etc

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Ceolag

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
dont forget your patreon set up and link.. seems a good enough title to wanna support even if only at lowest option

Reactions: Jeanettei

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
Ceolag
Good first release, really nice.
About the genres, maybe you can rethink about not introducing harem, just a suggestion.
Good luck with the game.
And NTR too! A true harem should also include the males you meet, to make it more realistic.

What is a NTR Harem? I'm not 100% sold on that!?

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes