VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
and as there probably wont be lesbian/gay scenes as well, this game is hardly for you.
better keep your (full)hdd healthy and sound for the time being.
I dont play gay protagonists, there is always at least one dick to much...and i give a fuck about lesbian scenes in male protagonist gamea, i'm not interested in peeping, so its kinda pointless to view any sexscenes without being involved and a dick ruins every lesbian scene.
That being explained, do you also have an answer to my question or just to my signature?

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I dont play gay protagonists, there is always at least one dick to much...and i give a fuck about lesbian scenes in male protagonist gamea, i'm not interested in peeping, so its kinda pointless to view any sexscenes without being involved and a dick ruins every lesbian scene.
That being explained, do you also have an answer to my question or just to my signature?
your "question" is as meaningful for this thread/game as your signature is for you.
if you have troubles understanding, please, do pm me, to avoid pollution in this fine thread.
thanks and good luck.

Reactions: Kipling and Dopplyn

Lokitox8

Jul 28, 2020
Looks really promising, very good story and nice renders. Feel a bit disappointed that there won't be a harem route, with so many good looking girls. Any possible routes where you end with maybe two girls or not ?. Good luck in your project I'll keep an eye on this as it progress.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ceolag

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Ceolag Finally got time to play it, did enjoy this first release.
Btw is Helena a LI? (Did not see her featured after the game ends)and I hope so because I quite like her.
As for the story, seems like you took inspiration from Assassin creed? or is it just my imagination... ;)
I think you did a good job with the fights and the mc, a good balance to not make him look like a pussy without him being a badass yet. I will enjoy seeing him grow a badass.

on a side note: I love that cover menu image, Charlie's Angels vibes. :BootyTime:

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hey guys,

Thanks for your posts here and your general interest in my game :)

Looks really promising, very good story and nice renders. Feel a bit disappointed that there won't be a harem route, with so many good looking girls. Any possible routes where you end with maybe two girls or not ?. Good luck in your project I'll keep an eye on this as it progress.
A "canon" route with more than one main LI is not planned at the moment.
I'm toying with the idea to implement an "official" Harem mod. Means a version where you can play the scenes in one playthrough.
I'm not going to change the story for that so it will come with plot holes and unlogical behavior. It's just for those, who don't want to play the game several times to see everything.
No promises here, just an idea at the moment.

Ceolag Finally got time to play it, did enjoy this first release.
Btw is Helena a LI? (Did not see her featured after the game ends)and I hope so because I quite like her.
As for the story, seems like you took inspiration from Assassin creed? or is it just my imagination... ;)
I think you did a good job with the fights and the mc, a good balance to not make him look like a pussy without him being a badass yet. I will enjoy seeing him grow a badass.

on a side note: I love that cover menu image, Charlie's Angels vibes. :BootyTime:
Thanks a lot and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Helena is a side girl, not a LI, sorry.
I see the parallels to AC (not the first time I heard it) but actually it's not the inspiration. It's (again) the Dresden Files.
And yes that's exactly how I imagined MC in that scene. Great to hear I managed to pull it off. At least for you ;)

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
Hey guys,

Thanks for your posts here and your general interest in my game :)

A "canon" route with more than one main LI is not planned at the moment.
I'm toying with the idea to implement an "official" Harem mod. Means a version where you can play the scenes in one playthrough.
I'm not going to change the story for that so it will come with plot holes and unlogical behavior. It's just for those, who don't want to play the game several times to see everything.
No promises here, just an idea at the moment.

Thanks a lot and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Helena is a side girl, not a LI, sorry.
I see the parallels to AC (not the first time I heard it) but actually it's not the inspiration. It's (again) the Dresden Files.
And yes that's exactly how I imagined MC in that scene. Great to hear I managed to pull it off. At least for you ;)
I don't think it is necessary to implement something that you did not foresee, you risk wasting time at the expense of faster updates as well as the fact that you will please some and disappoint others in any case.
It's just my humble opinion if it matters to you, otherwise forget it.

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
I'm happy with Helena being a side, Fiona is my main objective. This game surprised me, I was thinking it was going to be some High Climb type game, then wham mercenaries and your Dad is part of some secret organization? Overall, I thought it was great content, thanks for not making another cliché game with Incest, NTR or Harems.

Oh and what was the deal with that stooge at the bar watching us and Kate? Maybe he's connected also.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Very good start, decent amount of content for a first release. Story and writing are good so far, nice looking girls, looking forward to seeing how the story and relationships develop further....

• Red Heart

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
View attachment 1975029

Sorry, if you want to be taken seriously put at least more effort into your post. That's called "constructive criticism". Just vomiting a one liner into the thread is nothing but a joke.
Welcome to Allan Trumbull. That's representative of like half his activity on the site. That, and facepalming everyone everywhere over everything.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
Wait, there is a sister, but no "incest" tag planned? Sorry, Dev, good luck but this is not for me!
You have other love interests to choose, yet you decide to drop the game because the sister isn´t part of the romanceable girls? I suppose you also dropped AVNs like Becoming a Rockstar because old sis Julia is just a real sister instead of a LI.

Reactions: Kipling

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
You have other love interests to choose, yet you decide to drop the game because the sister isn´t part of the romanceable girls? I suppose you also dropped AVNs like Becoming a Rockstar because old sis Julia is just a real sister instead of a LI.
For some people, incest is their kink, maybe even specifically brother–sister incest. While I'm neutral on it myself, I can see someone not playing a game if there isn't incest in it. If they only play these types of games for that, I would assume a VN w/o that wouldn't be of interest for them.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
For some people, incest is their kink, maybe even specifically brother–sister incest. While I'm neutral on it myself, I can see someone not playing a game if there isn't incest in it. If they only play these types of games for that, I would assume a VN w/o that wouldn't be of interest for them.
Yeah, I suppose it's understandable. My kink in AVNs are milfs, though I have never dropped a visual novel because it didn't portray a milf I could bang haha. Different perceptions I suppose.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
b1_ch2_sc1_p2_sist_e_1.png

Hey guys,
the first week since the release of v0.1 has passed. Thank you all for being here.
When I started working on The Neverwhere Tales I was unsure if I ever gonna release it to the public.
I'm glad I did.
Overall I'm really happy with the feedback so far. Apart from 2 minor, visual bugs, no serious problems have occured so far.
At least none that I'm aware of.
So after fixing those 2 bugs I started working on Chapter 2. That one starts, of course, right where Chapter 1 ended.
The first scene is sitting at 75 renders and one 2s long animation right now. I expect the final scene to be around 100 renders.
About 50% of the code for this scene is written.

I won't provide weekly dev updates, but when there is really something new.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to answer them as best as possible.

I don't think it is necessary to implement something that you did not foresee, you risk wasting time at the expense of faster updates as well as the fact that you will please some and disappoint others in any case.
It's just my humble opinion if it matters to you, otherwise forget it.
Of course it matters :)
I'm asking for feedback so every opinion matters. Even, or maybe especially, those that disagree with me.
You're right with your points and I haven't made up my mind about the idea yet.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
View attachment 1980021

Hey guys,
the first week since the release of v0.1 has passed. Thank you all for being here.
When I started working on The Neverwhere Tales I was unsure if I ever gonna release it to the public.
I'm glad I did.
Overall I'm really happy with the feedback so far. Apart from 2 minor, visual bugs, no serious problems have occured so far.
At least none that I'm aware of.
So after fixing those 2 bugs I started working on Chapter 2. That one starts, of course, right where Chapter 1 ended.
The first scene is sitting at 75 renders and one 2s long animation right now. I expect the final scene to be around 100 renders.
About 50% of the code for this scene is written.

I won't provide weekly dev updates, but when there is really something new.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to answer them as best as possible.

Of course it matters :)
I'm asking for feedback so every opinion matters. Even, or maybe especially, those that disagree with me.
You're right with your points and I haven't made up my mind about the idea yet.

Cheers,
Ceolag
As i said back then and it still holds true.. 'Best Release/Title That week' or something to that effect..
Your hard work and dedication to making it look cinematic paid off..
i now even have a deeper understanding of your work load after talking with you and your reasons for not seeking funding But if you ever need any help just ask.. Its a title that desrves to be made and your handling of its narrative and the execution used thus far has been excellent..
As good as some of the 'latest releases' has been since Neverwhere's VN debut.. (at least in my opinion and judgement) there hasnt been any close to the TOTAL quality that this delivered and It only whets the appetite for more..
For me personally.. Oceanlabs - Summer Gone/Where it all Began was and is the benchmark in VN Overall Quality and storytelling and your project has what makes his titles work in heaps.. Animation and outstanding visuals dont always make the story.. the narrative and how you set out your scenes like a movie director.. the angles.. the lighting.. These are your qualities that put your work up there chasing at Oceans heels

• Red Heart

Ultralazuli

Jul 8, 2018
the girls aside from blondie are....not great looking....neither is the MC, he looks like the type that has to trim his unibrow. aside from that and the grainy renders, the story is alright, though there isn't much of one yet. right now it's not dresden files, it's just jason bourne. i AM happy that you let me plug that merc, that's the only call to make there. also, maybe i'm missing something, but where's the sexual content?

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes