VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes
Sep 9, 2022
Could be... but I know 3 or 4 girls with that as a tattoo. The eye of Ra isn't that unusual a symbol...
the tattoo seems to be the symbol for the templar order i believe since kevin and kaija both have it on their hands but the same necklace seemed coincidental and the way that the scene in the elea's bathroom focused on that corner where the necklace was seemed to show it was important to see. i mean it could very well just be a reused asset and im jumping to deep down rabbit holes but i don't think i noticed it the first time around

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
Not that tattoo - the eye of Ra.
Are you sure it's the eye of Ra? I know the way it's sitting it is a right eye, but that necklace could be turned around and it would become a left eye.

I'm not an expert by any means, only remember some things my daughter told me, when she was studying it a couple of years ago and I may be remembering wrong.

I though the eye of Ra symbolized masculinity, strength, power, and protection through violence.
While the eye of Horus symbolized femininity, restoration, protection, and deflecting malevolent forces.

Which one would suit Linnae better? I really don't know, (I can see a case for both), but I'm wondering about the significance since Elea has the same/similar one.
Perhaps it is deliberately made to be able to apply for both Horus & Ra.

Or maybe it's just a necklace and I'm wasting far too much time thinking about it.

Sep 9, 2022
Are you sure it's the eye of Ra? I know the way it's sitting it is a right eye, but that necklace could be turned around and it would become a left eye.

I'm not an expert by any means, only remember some things my daughter told me, when she was studying it a couple of years ago and I may be remembering wrong.

I though the eye of Ra symbolized masculinity, strength, power, and protection through violence.
While the eye of Horus symbolized femininity, restoration, protection, and deflecting malevolent forces.

Which one would suit Linnae better? I really don't know, (I can see a case for both), but I'm wondering about the significance since Elea has the same/similar one.
Perhaps it is deliberately made to be able to apply for both Horus & Ra.

Or maybe it's just a necklace and I'm wasting far too much time thinking about it.
gotta wait for the next update or until ceolag hits us with that "i would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for that dumb dog and pesky kids!" for confirmation but until then good work gang, pretty sure we solved another mystery
1719878160506.png

Kaio Crisis

Jan 14, 2019
boys i come to you with a theory. we know linnae HAD a relationship but shit was tough because of her job and it wasn't healthy to raise a family. we never got conclusive evidence that she SAID she didn't have a child though, just that her husband left and her duty wasn't fit to raise a family.
View attachment 3787564
i noticed this necklace after replaying because i had forgotten the story, i remember it was a banger but forgot alot of the details but then i realized
View attachment 3787565
elea has the same necklace. what do we know about elea's family? her mom split and never bothered to look for her and her dad died. she has always believed in mythologies and likes to study them for fun. what do you think the chances are theres a relation here?
I also had some small thoughts about that back when chapter 4 was released, I'm glad you guys are actually developing on it.

Feb 25, 2022

Hey everyone,

another week gone, one week closer to the release of Chapter 5.

This week I finished the work on the the long scene with most of the remaining animations.
The animations still need to be rendered and will keep the PC busy for a while.

I also started work on the 2 short scenes. The first is almost done and will be finished later today.
The 2nd one is written and waiting for its renders which I'll start working on when I'm done with the current scene.

I hope to finish the renders for that scene early to mid next week and move on to the final scene.

The final scene won't be very long but I have a pretty clear image in my head of how it should go and look like.
And I'm not sure if I have the skills to do it in DAZ.

I have 2 backup plans if it doesn't work out, so I won't spend banging my head against the DAZ wall for 4 weeks.
If everything goes well, next week at this time I'll be working on the last bits of the Chapter.

The numbers for this week:
81 new static renders for a total of 2355
4 new animations for a total of 52
257 new lines in the script file for a total of 6613

Thank you all for your support and patience with this Chapter. I know it's a pretty long while since the last release but we're pretty close now.

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Ceolag

P.S. No preview renders for this week as all would be spoilers. I hope to come up with a few from the 2 short scenes next week.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Hey everyone,

another week gone, one week closer to the release of Chapter 5.

This week I finished the work on the the long scene with most of the remaining animations.
The animations still need to be rendered and will keep the PC busy for a while.

I also started work on the 2 short scenes. The first is almost done and will be finished later today.
The 2nd one is written and waiting for its renders which I'll start working on when I'm done with the current scene.

I hope to finish the renders for that scene early to mid next week and move on to the final scene.

The final scene won't be very long but I have a pretty clear image in my head of how it should go and look like.
And I'm not sure if I have the skills to do it in DAZ.

I have 2 backup plans if it doesn't work out, so I won't spend banging my head against the DAZ wall for 4 weeks.
If everything goes well, next week at this time I'll be working on the last bits of the Chapter.

The numbers for this week:
81 new static renders for a total of 2355
4 new animations for a total of 52
257 new lines in the script file for a total of 6613

Thank you all for your support and patience with this Chapter. I know it's a pretty long while since the last release but we're pretty close now.

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Ceolag

P.S. No preview renders for this week as all would be spoilers. I hope to come up with a few from the 2 short scenes next week.
According to these numbers, Ceolag is now averaging approximately 89 static renders, 2.0 animations and 250 lines per week since work on Chapter 5 officially began. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We're clearly approaching the finish line, the question is exactly how far away it is. The animation rate dropped noticeably this week even though we're well below my estimated animation totals and we know Ceolag finished posing most of the remaining animations. It's always possible these animations are technically complex and thus there's a large rendering queue built up, but most likely it indicates that my estimates are too high. We'll probably know for sure when we see next week's numbers, as well as hear how Ceolag's plans for the finale faired against DAZ.

There's still a little ways to go, but it does sound like we're getting close. Fingers crossed we won't have to wait too much longer.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vleder and Ceolag

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
I don't think I have ever seen Medb looking so vulnerable, sad even. Maybe there is a soft beating heart under all that ice afterall. I volunteer to comfort her.
You're a good man Grumpy. Taking one for the team. :) She just needs someone to hold her hand and rub her head. ;) I'm almost positive she won't cut off any off your body parts. :unsure: Best of luck, my friend.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch5_preview_97.png

Happy Friday everyone,

This will be the last Dev Log for Chapter 5 simply because there won't be any more "real" progress to report next week.
I'm done with writing and coding, done with posing static renders and only 1 animation is left to set up.
The PC will be busy rendering the remaining images and animations in the queue for a few more days.
If nothing unexpected comes up, that should be done next week and the next thing you'll hear from me will be the announcement of Beta status.

The final scene took some time to set up and it barely fit into the VRAM. 7 gen8 characters, 1 gen9 character, their clothes, and the scene itself and it's just barely under the 24gb VRAM limit.
1 animation still needs to be set up. The one that gave me the most headaches before.
Luckily, Moonlight, the dev of Glowing Stones, jumped in and offered his help doing the animation in Blender and helped me set it up for rendering in DAZ.
If it works out as we've planned it, it's going to be pretty awesome.
If not, I still have my Plan B and C for that animation.
However it may turn out, a big shoutout and thanks to Moon for even offering the help and his time invested.
If you want to check out his game, you can do so on and .

Back to the progress:
61 new static renders for a total of 2416
7 new animations for a total of 59 (not including the one in the works)
88 new script lines for a total of 6701

These will also be the final numbers (give or take) for the Chapter.

What's left to do before Beta?
- Rendering the final scene, postwork on it, and putting together the animations.
- Finding a few more songs for the last scenes
- Setting up the Achievements for Chapter 5
- Coding in the Replay Gallery
- Coding in the Chapter Summary

And for the Full Release:
- Gallery Renders

The Patreon release of Chapter 5 will probably be somewhere around the End of July/early August depending on how the remaining work and Beta test goes.

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
View attachment 3824173

Happy Friday everyone,

This will be the last Dev Log for Chapter 5 simply because there won't be any more "real" progress to report next week.
I'm done with writing and coding, done with posing static renders and only 1 animation is left to set up.
The PC will be busy rendering the remaining images and animations in the queue for a few more days.
If nothing unexpected comes up, that should be done next week and the next thing you'll hear from me will be the announcement of Beta status.

The final scene took some time to set up and it barely fit into the VRAM. 7 gen8 characters, 1 gen9 character, their clothes, and the scene itself and it's just barely under the 24gb VRAM limit.
1 animation still needs to be set up. The one that gave me the most headaches before.
Luckily, Moonlight, the dev of Glowing Stones, jumped in and offered his help doing the animation in Blender and helped me set it up for rendering in DAZ.
However it may turn out, a big shoutout and thanks to Moon for even offering the help and his time invested.

Back to the progress:

- Rendering the final scene, postwork on it, and putting together the animations.

- Gallery Renders

The Patreon release of Chapter 5 will probably be somewhere around the End of July/early August depending on how the remaining work and Beta test goes.

Cheers,
Ceolag
Thanks for the background info on elves. I was just reading it on patreon (I'm a bit behind as usual). I do find elves fascinating and look forward to what you do with them.

• Haha
Reactions: xapican

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3824173

Happy Friday everyone,

Back to the progress:

- Gallery Renders

Cheers,
Ceolag
Very exciting news! But that doesn't mean we should lose sight of the picayune details, right? As we come into the home stretch Ceolag is now averaging around 88 static renders, 2.2 animations, and 244 lines per week since work on Chapter 5 officially began. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not much point in speculating when Ceolag's already given us the bottom-line analysis. It looks like my guestimates were too low on statics and too high on animations, but my combined estimate of wrapping up art in the July 5-19 range seems to have been in the ballpark. Now we just have to wait for the water to finally boil.

Testing is obviously important and can't be rushed, but I do hope the final stages of development will fly by quickly because I'm eager to get my hands on the new chapter and see what the elves have to offer. Fingers crossed! :)

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
So, barely gotten into the game thus far, basically at the big "reveal".
Writing thus far is pretty solid, models are fairly fresh and unique, but man I have to gripe about the general plot direction because hot fucking damn. I absolutely despise the magical "big bad behind the scenes" threat with the MC being completely in the dark and lied to for basically their entire life and then just get told to "oh just cop it on the chin lol don't worry" and you always have to work with the people who betrayed your trust entirely. So many goddamn games do exactly this.

Now, I am not saying that this game does this as I barely just started, but for once I would fucking like an option to go solo instead of being gaslit into being a dog on a leash for "the good guys". It's also extremely difficult to suspend disbelief that some extremely powerful entity/corporation/movement working in the dark and likely has unlimited funding hasn't been able to murder a single dude.

Alright, rant over, gonna keep playing now and probably post again once I'm caught up.

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes