VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Having a soft spot for humans doesn't necessarily mean that she views humans to be on the same level as her, it comes off as being a lot more towards how humans can have soft spots for dogs and cats for example, that she views them more like pets when every other elf seem to regard them as pests.

While most of the "elf hates humans" lore dump came from Templars, elves in general seem to be vehemently hating humans from what we've seen thus far, as in fantasy settings the views of the people tend to mirror that of the monarchs and the one Queen we do come across from the elves seem to be.. let's say less than accepting of humans existence.
Plus, it's basically a fantasy staple at this point to have elves hate literally every other race besides themselves, as nearly every expansive fantasy setting have them view themselves as superior, which seems to also apply well to this VN.

Of course, there's still a lot we don't know about them, but I would be genuinely surprised if they weren't incredibly racist given the fact that they kidnapped the head of the one organization of humans that they have somewhat contact with, demanded them to be disbanded and went "lol your problem" when finding out about Hellspawns.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Fair points. We will find out a lot more when the next update drops and discover what the elves are all about. It will be interesting to explore them and the culture Ceolag develops for them.

Last edited:

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hey everyone,

I sent out the beta version to the testers yesterday.
I don't expect a lot of major issues, mostly typos we missed earlier or easy-to-fix coding errors.

The planned release dates are:
July 27th - Chaplain tier and above
August 9th - Mercenary tier
September 6th - Steam

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I'm really looking forward to adding this to my steam collection in September.
Wait for me Kaija my precious dove.
same but I'm not 100% sure if I will be getting this right away or not anymore on steam still love the game and all but I may of went a tad overboard with the Steam Summer sale. So im being a bit of a cheapo when it comes to buying AVN's for a few months right now even if it isn't alot of money. There is a good amount of AVN's I still want to add to my collection too

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
same but I'm not 100% sure if I will be getting this right away or not anymore on steam still love the game and all but I may of went a tad overboard with the Steam Summer sale. So im being a bit of a cheapo when it comes to buying AVN's for a few months right now even if it isn't alot of money.
I didn't buy anything in the summer sales tbh. I have been saving up for awesome games like this. Plus, I don't play any other games but AVNs on my laptop.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I didn't buy anything in the summer sales tbh. I have been saving up for awesome games like this. Plus, I don't play any other games but AVNs on my laptop.
Sadly I play a bit of everything and was talked into spending more than I normally would have. but yeah I generally save extra cash for AVN's too

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Not to mention peace of mind. Living with someone you don't know if you can trust is a tortured life. Elea is a much better option. Probably Medb and Fiona would be good options too, but we have to wait and learn more about them.
The beauty of Medb is that she'd probably just tell you to give her all your money so you can't spend it. Wonderful! See how she cares about you?

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 39 Votes