VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
Why is always the games you like that seem to fade away. Was the last update really 8 months ago? Shame
This update count over 2.3k renders with over 50 animations, it 2.3 times renders of version 0.3.0 and 1.5 times of 0.4.0. And cherry on the cake we are regularly updated of what happen. Nothing fade away and 0.5.0 is in beta as we speak.

Reactions: Vleder

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
This update count over 2.3k renders with over 50 animations, it 2.3 times renders of version 0.3.0 and 1.5 times of 0.4.0. And cherry on the cake we are regularly updated of what happen. Nothing fade away and 0.5.0 is in beta as we speak.
don't forget he is also releasing it on steam. So who knows what he had to do behind the scenes for that. As I understand it steam takes alot of extra time so that would take some time away from deveolopment.

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
don't forget he is also releasing it on steam. So who knows what he had to do behind the scenes for that. As I understand it steam takes alot of extra time so that would take some time away from deveolopment.
Indeed, it adds up. Large content plus Steam with the quality of the content so far, it's not a big deal to have to wait. And beeing able to support the the dev by buying his game on Steam will be awesome.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
That's something many poeple forget, the majority of AVN devs don't make enough mony from they game and do it as a side job, hobby or just the pleasure to put into reality what they created on they mind. Reason why I'm patient and thankful when we get updates.
The most people don't have a clue how much money it takes to make such a game and I'm not talking about a proper render machine.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
The most people don't have a clue how much money it takes to make such a game and I'm not talking about a proper render machine.
I can't speak for other devs, of course, but I'm well into 5 digits. And that's not even counting electricity and the time I put in.
Just hardware and assets.
On the income side, I have 298$/month as of now (and way less before of course).
I guess most can do the math on how long it would take me to make back the investment as of now. Without future investments and neglecting annoying stuff like taxes...

That's why a lot of games get abandoned and/or Steam is the only possible way to fund an AVN if you're not top 1% on Patreon AVN devs.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
hate to be that guy but i have to make a correction about whats said in the game. 1721659130134.png both those statements are technically wrong. swords have never been good against armor (maybe an extremely sharp sword against a light gamberson?) and depending on the swords good or bad quality springsteel or not springsteel plenty of swords would bend upon impact (katanas also bend in certain instances). thats why halberts, mases, morningstars etc where used more often as they where better for blunt force trauma as again swords would be almost useless against armor. i know its a game with magic and such but i just had to correct this one for my own sanity. feel free to ignore it.
(as long as you dont have a nunchuck like weapon in the game cause man are those things useless xd)

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
hate to be that guy but i have to make a correction about whats said in the game. View attachment 3856462 both those statements are technically wrong. swords have never been good against armor (maybe an extremely sharp sword against a light gamberson?) and depending on the swords good or bad quality springsteel or not springsteel plenty of swords would bend upon impact (katanas also bend in certain instances). thats why halberts, mases, morningstars etc where used more often as they where better for blunt force trauma as again swords would be almost useless against armor. i know its a game with magic and such but i just had to correct this one for my own sanity. feel free to ignore it.
(as long as you dont have a nunchuck like weapon in the game cause man are those things useless xd)
Excellent points. I'm glad you decided to post. I'll add my opinion that a nice sturdy long stick (or stave) can be effective against armor as well. If you can trip up an armored opponent and make them fall you have won since they will never get back up. :p

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
Excellent points. I'm glad you decided to post. I'll add my opinion that a nice sturdy long stick (or stave) can be effective against armor as well. If you can trip up an armored opponent and make them fall you have won since they will never get back up. :p
actually that depends if he is jumped on or not after they fall. as heavy armor is a bit heavier than what a modern soldier carries in their backpacks but the armor is over their entire body. i have seen people run obstacle courses against a soldier and a firefighter (including climbing and rolling) and the knight came second. since its spread over your entire body it tires you out faster yes but is not like they cant get up without help. if you want to look at a better explenation (or big stick energy videos about nunchucks being worthless) i can send you a link here if the moderators would allow it

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Even if a helmet is totally impenetrable and your sword is no more effective against it than a length of rebar you could still bounce someone's head around in there bad enough they'd likely die.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
rambo455 ; agreed, the only thing she is talking about a specific armor "their" and Swords and Armor coexisted, the heavy plate armor was only used by Nobels don't forget that, plus there is all of an capitel in "Joachims Meyers" book regarding to point the sword to the joints, of them.
there is a secondary strike "Blendhau" to stun your oponent and to get an edge, on him directly pointed at the helmet also the "oberhau" is used for it opening guards, anyway these, techniques were documented by Meyer in 1570 not in the medieval era.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
rambo455 ; agreed, the only thing she is talking about a specific armor "their" and Swords and Armor coexisted, the heavy plate armor was only used by Nobels don't forget that, plus there is all of an capitel in "Joachims Meyers" book regarding to point the sword to the joints, of them.
there is a secondary strike "Blendhau" to stun your oponent and to get an edge, on him directly pointed at the helmet also the "oberhau" is used for it opening guards, anyway these, techniques were documented by Meyer in 1570 not in the medieval era.
true but it also depends on the armor itself gamberson would defend properly against blunt trauma and against slashing. chainmail if properly made can withstand a stab of a sword (which usually was a backup weapon) and then there is the brigandine which was used by common soldiers which can easily stop a sword. a sword to the helmet can be effective but not as effective as a club. in the end tackling your enemy and stabbing him through the eye slits with a dagger was usually more effective than a sword against most kinds of armor). also i believe heavy plate might only have been used in jousting while normal knight armor was for the knights and nobles come to think of it. over all swords where not main weapons more like secondary weapons in case you lost your main weapon.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xapican

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
You guys are talking about "light" armor. Most of the heavily armored cavalry of the Medieval Era required a crane to put the armored warrior on the horse. Hehe That "armored" guy in the video running and doing summersaults had plenty of uncovered body parts. A good swordsman could hamstring him and leave him laying to bleed out or be finished off by the next guy.

Reactions: Maviarab

1reaper1

Nov 24, 2021
You guys are talking about "light" armor. Most of the heavily armored cavalry of the Medieval Era required a crane to put the armored warrior on the horse. Hehe That "armored" guy in the video running and doing summersaults had plenty of uncovered body parts. A good swordsman could hamstring him and leave him laying to bleed out or be finished off by the next guy.
simple google search for heavy armor. The weight of the armor worn in the Middle Ages ranged from 25 to more than 100 pounds. In the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York there is a suit of chain mail, including head, body and leg defenses, that weighs only 31 pounds. so as rambo said thats a bit more than your average soldier carryon. not to mention lets say they are both 50 pounds armor in this image then that man is still carrying 100 pounds extra armor total and his partners weight. 1721667193184.png

1reaper1

Nov 24, 2021
here is that whole video incase mods remove it and even more information. its just a myth that you need a crane to be pulled up in armor.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Keep it on topic....what they may have wore and used is pretty unimportant in context of the story.

It's a high fantasy grounded in some real historic events. Who cares about little things, Ceo ain't making a descriptive accurate VN about the middle ages. Swords btw can also pierce as well as slash and all heavy plate armour has weak points at the joints. It sill doesn't matter though in this story.

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes