VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
She didn't personally.

That's not something someone of her standing would dirty her hands for and if she was going to she wouldn't hit him from behind. She's solo most of the Templars on her own so one guy is no concern for her.

She wasn't always racist against humans either. Elves and humans were friendly once. Humans have tried moving in to their territory and humans are just as racist towards them.

To put it bluntly, she has no reason to be nice to them yet she is with the MC.
I thought she said she was part of it? She at least came up with the plan to do it, which is enough for me to consider her a part of the operation.

She wasn't always racist - true - however, she is currently. But let me put it this way... if I'm mugged on the street by a person of another race, I don't then hate all of the people of that race - I just hate that person. I don't think the fact that the templars being an organized group means that they speak for all members of the human race. But she certainly seems to treat them all as if they are. She made comments about humans, after all - not just the templars.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I thought she said she was part of it? She at least came up with the plan to do it, which is enough for me to consider her a part of the operation.

She wasn't always racist - true - however, she is currently. But let me put it this way... if I'm mugged on the street by a person of another race, I don't then hate all of the people of that race - I just hate that person. I don't think the fact that the templars being an organized group means that they speak for all members of the human race. But she certainly seems to treat them all as if they are. She made comments about humans, after all - not just the templars.
Unless you have been under a rock for a couple of hundred thousand years...

Have you actually seen the human race? Watch the news? Even know what's going on around the world right now? As a species, we are utter garbage...and if elves really did exist, I wouldn't blame them/any of them for looking down their nose at us.

Why would a long-lived noble race not think that of us? Hell..I think it of us.

All that aside, she is not racist no, she is actually speciesist to be specific.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

So, from what I can gather after talking to her.

She had a human brother she grew up with who was the original bearer of MC's sword. He left to join the Templars to try and do some good but was killed by other humans who burnt hum alive at the stake.

That's what started her down the road. With all the skirmishes and being on the brink of war which she knows her people can't survive.

As powerful as the Queens and she is, they have incredibly low birth rates so a war that kills their youth would doom them.

Stories have been twisted. She assumed the Elves created MC's sword but they didn't, Nimue did. A lot of stories being told all happened before most of the Elves MC speaks to were born so whoever the third party is trying to start this war has been building up to it for thousands of years and I think I know who.

Dark Elves. They closed themselves off thousands of years ago and with how certain conversations have gone, there was no need for them to be mentioned in that detail unless they were going to show up at some point.

So, Ava predicts, Dark Elves with the Hellspawn in the Kitchen (little Cluedo humour for ya).

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
Unless you have been under a rock for a couple of hundred thousand years...

Have you actually seen the human race? Watch the news? Even know what's going on around the world right now? As a species, we are utter garbage...and if elves really did exist, I wouldn't blame them/any of them for looking down their nose at us.

Why would a long-lived noble race not think that of us? Hell..I think it of us.

All that aside, she is not racist no, she is actually speciesist to be specific.
Yes, speciesist. "Human Race" popped into my head and I ran with that. Also, yea, we all suck, but from all the movies I've seen when there's another species/realm looking to invade we kinda come together, for the most part.

Dark Elves.
100%, assuming it's not some group we haven't met with coming from the top rope.

Reactions: Maviarab

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Personally I feel like it goes against everything MC is set out to do.
This is the first choice where I don't know how I'll get to do it because it just feels:
1. Completely out of character
2. Completely insane thing to do while trying to STOP killing.

I'll probably run one of my saves through just to see how story goes after that choice, but don't think I'll stick with it.
Just feels wrong all around.
The option is there just to give people options I guess but it is completely against what the MC wants.

He didn't want to duel her in the first place, he only drew his sword to defend himself.

The story flows better if you spare her, it just kinda ends the update if you don't.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
100%, assuming it's not some group we haven't met with coming from the top rope.
Absolutely.

At first I thought it was the Hellspawn themselves trying to start a war so they could come in and pick off the scraps.

Then it keeps getting mentioned they don't use magic and how they act is off so someone is obviously using them.

I only say Dark Elves because it seems suspicious how they were brought up and the story around them. It could very well be another group or even the splinter faction in the Templars themselves.

The only other idea I had was a really long shot that some Templars and some Elves were working together to start the war.

There are mentions of other factions and the gang the MC's grandfather put out of business. Could be them back for revenge. I NEED MOAR......

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
i didn't like finnabaire at first and i even killed her just to see what happened, sparing her in my main save just so you could make me like her, you monster.
I think that's gonna be a popular view.

She has a massive amount of character growth and is such a good character that the ending doesn't sit right.

Reactions: OgiWogi and XV71

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I think that's gonna be a popular view.

She has a massive amount of character growth and is such a good character that the ending doesn't sit right.
I think it was a necesary plot point, a point of inflection, my prediction in the next chapter, MC has to investigate and stop the Elves, the 3rd party (personally agree with all 3 points Ava pointed out, most probably it is an alliance of extremly greedy and ruthless factions) Fionas family could be most probably involved at least from what she told us in previous chapters, this event is either the Templars (the non corrupted) and Elves get together (MC task) and here is the point, if you burned bridges, you don't have leverage to influentiate the Templars If you didn't get on Medbs good side also the War is inevitable, Midgard and Losjalfar are both doomed.
MC got also his task from the Lady in the Lake. exited till the next update.

Wazzatheboss

Jun 1, 2020
Once again the update doesn't disappoint, kudos to the dev.

About the cliffhanger at the end and the elves in general

The apparent death of Finnabair is such a pity (maybe she's not dead but it is long shot at the moment). I really like her, even at the beginning. To good to be a side girl, her character growth was very enjoyable and the sex scene was great. I could see something bad happening to her coming but killing her off is painful.

I feel like the dev got a bit stuck, because of the choice to kill or spare her at the beginning which is a shame because canonically I can't see MC killing her off in that situation, even if you shaped his personality to be confrontational and impulsive.

A good alternative could have been to replace the choice to kill her with just knocking her out. That way you can still have a bad reaction from the Elves.

I know that having Finnabair allegedly killed by the Templars is a good way to rise the stakes and create conflict in MC but her father (Allill?) could have filled the role too, once MC starts to train with Finnabair, he almost disappear which is a shame. He is the first Elve to be friendly or at least not hostile to MC, he seems to be on the older side and antiwar.

You could have some dinner scenes with him teaching MC about Elve history (stick Medb to language duty). You could also quickly having MC to have huge respect for him for his values, his pacifism, being upfront and honest with his daughter (unlike MC father) etc. Him getting killed by Templars would also convince elves to start war, create conflict and anger into MC and even a rift between Finnabair and MC.

Reactions: veracrypt user
4.40 star(s) 39 Votes