VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Is the game worth giving it a try?
I can't explain why but the summary kinda gave me some "Love and submission" vibes (idk if you guys got the reference though)

thx
No sorry maybe another one, got the reference, If you like storydriven fantasy VN with sexelements, good drawn characters, and choices (last one still under discusion and different takes on choices) It is no "Pokemon" Harem game and it has one of the most outstanding Storys from this site.
Yeah absolutly a must if you ask me, Dev puts a lot of effort into details, and Backgrounds.

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Seriously man?!?! they had to do her like that at end of update after giving such elaborate character growth arc??:WaitWhat::WaitWhat:, Hope she makes a comeback somehow by any means..
When you have an option to kill or spare,way before the end of the update,we should expect that kind of ending. Didn't try kill option,so i can't say how is it. Doesn't go with MC's personality,tho.

kingman01

Jan 29, 2023
When you have an option to kill or spare,way before the end of update,we should expect that kind of ending. Didn't try kill option,so i can't say how is it. Doesn't go with MC's personality,tho.
killing her probably resulted in medb killing MC and game over scenario, otherwise this whole update will have no content if not for her

But I have a feeling she is not really dead ,there is some play here, otherwise no need to give an entire update dedicated to a character just to kill her off at the end, waiting for future updates

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Is the game worth giving it a try?
I can't explain why but the summary kinda gave me some "Love and submission" vibes (idk if you guys got the reference though)
It's a dark'ish modern fantasy. I say dark'ish because it does have quite a bit of violence and it is only going to get more violent.

It is nothing like Love and Submission.

Reactions: Johan_0000

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
killing her probably resulted in medb killing MC and game over scenario, otherwise this whole update will have no content if not for her

But I have a feeling she is not really dead ,there is some play here, otherwise no need to give an entire update dedicated to a character just to kill her off at the end, waiting for future updates
Try to remember spoiler tags....

• Red Heart
Reactions: metamorphMP

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
No sorry maybe another one,
You mean it's not like it in terms of story quality or it's not like it in where the story is heading. It's your hare-pokemon sentence that made me doubt lol. Bc if I remember the plot and I played the game a looooong time ago. It was quite good in that AVN, albeit it began like your usual "pokeharem" novel the plot was thickening more and more 'till it got abandoned.
If you like storydriven fantasy VN with sexelements, good drawn characters, and choices (last one still under discusion and different takes on choices) It is no "Pokemon" Harem game and it has one of the most outstanding Storys from this site.
Maan you rly appealed to me with all those qualities. But maaan whyyy, I love catchin'em all lol.
I think you prbbly didn't mean to but that "pokemon" harem sentence rly make it seem like a game can't have all those qualities while still letting you have your harem. A lot of good games let you have your harem or go monogam if you want. They are still good games nonetheless, among my personal favorites : superhuman, new antioch, rebirth, desert stalker (well this one heavily focuses on harem so yeah), ataegina, Lust academy (prbbly the best sandbox mechanics I have ever seen in a game).... SO yeah maybe you didn't mean anything offending by it but idk the tone that sentence gave off seemed quite insulting to those great games. Especially when some of those make a path for every team "monogams and polygams". I admit that some just keep the harem bc they are lazy but there are others who make a harem route and indivual routes for every character that affects the story. A lot of dialogues to change depending on which character you have a rel with. Even the story is sometimes affected by it... So yeah the least you could do is respect the amount of work they put in.

Should I assume that this one doesn't have a harem route?

THX

[EDITED]

Last edited:

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
You actually really need to ask that after his reply?

Really?

(Also, do not discuss or talk about other games in a games thread, against forum rules).

*shakes helmet*
hey man who knows he could be using some sarcastic 3rd degree lol. I alrdy had my answer when I checked the tag but I was too lazy to change it lol
Now I get why ppl put spoilers when they talk abt a game, thx didn't know or prbbly forgot abt that rule.

THX

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
It's tempting to play but I'll wait for steam. I enjoy playing on there more.
honestly I was gonna wait but im just gonna play the update only on kaija's love path tomorrow so I can look at this thread without fear of spoilers. Then when it comes out on steam i'll replay all paths which is something I wanted to do anyways as I never played Kaija's hate or friend path and missed on some content with some side girls I never met, that ive seen talked about once in awhile.

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
Medb is not all that bad either
She's a racist (against humans). She kidnapped the MC's father.

concerning the duel a negative response for killing Finnabair makes perfect sense imo, you can't really come with the intentions of preventing a war then kill someone on your first opportunity even if they did have it coming and expect people to accept your plea for peace when you do otherwise
I expect them to honor their own tradition. They knew that Fin would have killed the MC if she won, but they didn't try to stop it from happening. MC honored their tradition with the kill. They're just salty because one of their own lost and made them look bad.

the only reason you even got the opportunity to even argue your case at all was because her father was polite enough to bring you to argue your case when he would have had no issue killing you immediately.
Again, tradition. Also, it would have been stupid to outright kill the son of the leader of your opposition when he's trying to extend an olive branch. It would have rallied the troops hardcore and there would have been a war.

If you don't kill her, from a logical standpoint your plea for peace looks more genuine to them and from an emotional standpoint you avoid killing an elf right in front of her people and sowing even more negativity. In fact if you don't kill her, every action with the Alfar from that point forward is positive, with a bit of passive aggressive banter with Finnabair that leads to an eventual friendship with her, and Medb outright states that she honestly didn't believe in a possibility for a somewhat peaceful resolution but your actions convinced her otherwise so your actions there are a major factor in the decision. Hell if you show mercy after an unfortunate circumstance the king trains you for a bit and states that he was interested in getting a feel for you himself.

You can't choose to take antagonistic, provoking or an aggressive stance and expect the characters in story to respond passively or positively, if nothing else I think the fact that scenes play out very differently depending on character choice makes the game significantly better since actions do actually have consequences. Believe me I wanted to off Finnabair as well because of how overly aggressive she was but I let her go because it was counterproductive to the MC's intentions and i ended up liking the Elves you do speak to afterward, hell by the end I grew to like Finnabair despite how she started and I was kinda annoyed by how the chapter ended since there was some level of character growth that got wasted.
I expected them to have brains and not let some hot-headed bitch challenge the son of the leader of the Templars to a battle to the death KNOWING he knows nothing about your culture. They're either dumb or they were OK with provoking a war future. Hell, CuntfaceMedb even acknowledges that war will end with their possible extinction but allows the duel? Fuck all of them. DEATH TO THE ELVES! GENOCIDE THE POINTY-EARED FUCKS! BURN THEIR HOMELAND TO THE GROUND! DESTROOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'm sticking with my canon run of killing Fin and I hope I get the chance to wipe their entire species off the face of... whatever planet they're on.

Reactions: boundkitsune

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
yes i played that path as well ,nothing much, the update ends pretty much in few images after
That is not Game over in the sense of you're dead, restart and try again how i sense it is implied here:
killing her probably resulted in medb killing MC and game over scenario, *sniped*
That's why I said Nope not such a game (wrong decision game over ; restart)
Yes the Update ends, no reconcilation path with the Elves no understanding

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Johan_0000 No, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I meant I didn't catch your reference :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You can have some girls beside one you're not forced to choose Love and comitment (only on one route where I recomend it, but not even on that one, you can stroll you "Penguin" happy around, no clue if it backfires at some point)
edit: Hey I play myself minimum 5 of the games you mentioned and you're right "Catch em all "doesn't mean a bad Story .
Oh by the way I wasn't being sarcastic (this time :rolleyes:which I'm most of the time if you read some of my post in at least 5 of the mentioned games , )

Last edited:
Reactions: Johan_0000

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Johan_0000 No, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I meant I didn't catch your reference :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You can have some girls beside one you're not forced to choose Love and comitment (only on one route where I recomend it, but not even on that one, you can stroll you "Penguin" happy around, no clue if it backfires at some point)
Oh maaan I wrote that whole paragraph for nothing lol. Well thx for the answer Ig

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
In my defense it was her daughter who told me that in their culture sex is not that important
:ROFLMAO: yeah and I tought, satisfy the daughter, to awake MILFS interest.....:ROFLMAO:
I was talking about (K Love /Monogamus route)
Oh by the way his "Helmetness" is the one who can recomend effectively routes since he works on the WT

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
She's a racist (against humans). She kidnapped the MC's father.
She didn't personally.

That's not something someone of her standing would dirty her hands for and if she was going to she wouldn't hit him from behind. She's solo most of the Templars on her own so one guy is no concern for her.

She wasn't always racist against humans either. Elves and humans were friendly once. Humans have tried moving in to their territory and humans are just as racist towards them.

To put it bluntly, she has no reason to be nice to them yet she is with the MC.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Personally I feel like it goes against everything MC is set out to do.
This is the first choice where I don't know how I'll get to do it because it just feels:
1. Completely out of character
2. Completely insane thing to do while trying to STOP killing.

I'll probably run one of my saves through just to see how story goes after that choice, but don't think I'll stick with it.
Just feels wrong all around.

Reactions: Kalebbz

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Personally I feel like it goes against everything MC is set out to do.
This is the first choice where I don't know how I'll get to do it because it just feels:
1. Completely out of character
2. Completely insane thing to do while trying to STOP killing.

I'll probably run one of my saves through just to see how story goes after that choice, but don't think I'll stick with it.
Just feels wrong all around.
Sorry guess I spoiled it a bit before, anyway is a good Idea and if you are completionist you'll have to there is one achievement on that path.

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes