VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
I found those files after d/l and playing the game earlier today. Defender did not detect them even when scanning the specific files. I've deleted everything and doing some house cleaning and we'll see what happens. I run these games on an isolated machine anyway, so nothing critical to worry about. I have since d/l the game again and those files were gone. What a difference an hour makes. :)

But, the real reason I came here in the first place was to ask about a counter-intuitive (at least to me) set of choices in the game. In the father/son/mom chat we are given the choices of 'confrontational response' and 'calm response'. But the responses seemed off to me so looking at the code I see "mc_conf_calm += 1" is assigned to all the 'confrontational response' options and "mc_conf_calm -=1" assigned to all the 'calm response' options. This seems backwards to me. Does anyone else have an explanation?
I found that odd too, could just be a labeling thing. All choices I saw are done with a negative tally and then any event that checks the variable seems correct. If the MCs calm score isn't, in this case, low enough into the negatives they'll have a sudden outburst with the dialog.

Reactions: WuzzyFuzzy

draco0162

May 21, 2022
I found that odd too, could just be a labeling thing. All choices I saw are done with a negative tally and then any event that checks the variable seems correct. If the MCs calm score isn't, in this case, low enough into the negatives they'll have a sudden outburst with the dialog.
i think its a setting where if it goes up to high in the positive thats confrontational, whereas if it goes low enough in the calm it becomes peaceful at the ending

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Hey dude I just wanted to say to you and all my other buddies in here I'm sorry for snapping the other day. I had a shit day and was in a bad mood but that's no excuse for being rude so I apologise.
Ummm...ok? I have no idea what you're on about though dude...I must have missed whatever you said. You're a decent dude though, so can't imagine it would have been that bad and if I did see anything, i certainly didn't take any offence to any posts of yours I have seen. You're all good.

First of all I was assured that there was no kinkshaming here
XD
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Ummm...ok? I have no idea what you're on about though dude...I must have missed whatever you said. You're a decent dude though, so can't imagine it would have been that bad and if I did see anything, i certainly didn't take any offence to any posts of yours I have seen. You're all good.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I just thought I was a bit rude to some of my friends here and it was weighing on my mind so I just thought I would apologize.
All while dodging spoilers because I'm not touching this until it's on steam.

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes