VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes

sigvar

Sep 5, 2021
here the version only with Bagpipes and Drums I think it is very apropiate choice
I think it may be a cultural thing? That song in any form is way too associated with things like New Year's Eve and similar things that don't seem somber enough for that scene. That was my initial impression of it, but that ruined the impact of that scene and threw me out of the story. It would be similar (although much worse) if Yakety Sax played during that scene.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
You know the path to get that scene?
It's dependent on your Medb points, so don't be a complete dick to her up until that point, then you obvious have to spare Finnabair after your duel and subsequently not be a dick to her. Let her be the one to decide to train you, etc. Accept Medb's offer to learn about the Alfar culture.

I'm not sure if claiming to be a Templar has a negative effect on the whole thing when you're given the option during your conversation with Nightingale in the forest (what you say is referenced a few times later on "fuck the Templars" etc). I personally did it with a neutral approach overall.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Don't burn bridges accept the elf Culture, have sex with Finabair (get over 10 rel points with Medb)
Ended with 13 of 17, was nice to Alfar and d'd down the daughter. No scene.

It's dependent on your Medb points, so don't be a complete dick to her up until that point, then you obvious have to spare Finnabair after your duel and subsequently not be a dick to her. Let her be the one to decide to train you, etc. Accept Medb's offer to learn about the Alfar culture.

I'm not sure if claiming to be a Templar has a negative effect on the whole thing when you're given the option during your conversation with Nightingale in the forest (what you say is referenced a few times later on "fuck the Templars" etc). I personally did it with a neutral approach overall.
Went with 'I'm with no-one' with Nightingale, let her decide on training, asked if she was hurt, learned about Alfar culture too. Weird that it didn't trigger, just got rushed out of the capital.

Edit: Added end chapter summary for Medb.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017

Went with 'I'm with no-one' with Nightingale, let her decide on training, asked if she was hurt, learned about Alfar culture too. Weird that it didn't trigger, just got rushed out of the capital.

Hmm.

After the recent malware debacle I deleted the game, so I can't go back and check, but based on memory I don't remember that "no romantic interest" part being in my summary, and I had maxed my points with her, so based on that you messed up something with Medb somewhere. It's also possible there's some carryover from the previous episode.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yes. A bunch of them happen in situations of which you wouldn't expect her to be aware (killing the commander of the mercs who ambush you for example...)
View attachment 3889620
How did you get the points for the following?

- Finnabair accepted you as a friend
- You spent the day off with Finnebair and had sex with her at the small pond.

Everything else my playthrough was exactly the same as yours and I only got 15/17.
Previously for Medb, I had the maxed 5 points, but it seems I'm struggling to find the right choices to max out to 17.

Actually, never mind. I think I found where, it's that first decision right after fight with Finnbair in the city lol

Last edited:
Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020

You have to have sex with Kari (what a pain :p :devilish: ) know about to call them Alfar instead of Elven, and say Medb is a Bitch previous chapters think before acting, kill the mercenary, resist the succubus, help them in Nevewhere. admit you acted out of impulse. etc etc or waith till WT is published if you want.

SlowGoesSlow

Jan 5, 2024
You have to have sex with Kari (what a pain :p :devilish: ) know about to call them Alfar instead of Elven, and say Medb is a Bitch previous chapters think before acting, kill the mercenary, resist the succubus, help them in Nevewhere. admit you acted out of impulse. etc etc or waith till WT is published if you want.
You don’t have to have sex with Kari. Just ask her to stay for another drink and then you can let her go home alone and still get 17/17.

Reactions: xapican

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Probably didn't call Medb a bitch. May not have killed the mercenary, but pretty sure did everything else.

Thanks though.

Kond

Jul 8, 2018
Probably didn't call Medb a bitch. May not have killed the mercenary, but pretty sure did everything else.

Thanks though.
In this last update
, the points with mabd are: (i got max doing this way) sorry if i missed anything
- is she hurt? (+1)
- i understand her (+1)
- spare her life (maintain her path open)
- her call (+1)
- take a bath (+1)
- concentrate (+1)
- is Alfar better? (+1)
- are Alfar bitches? (+1)
- i can show you (+1)
- sure (maintain her path open)
- long life spans, humans attack, dark elves....all options . (if you say no without going into at least 1 option first you get -3 madb points, better to choose all)
- im in ( the other option locks her path)
- get closer (+1)
- call me "mcs name" (+1)
- the language (+1) ( go into all the other options too just to be sure)
- i didnt mean to ...
- keep your mouth shut (+1)
- im sorry (other choice gives you -3 madb points)
(you can refuse pass mcs time off with finnabar if you want)
- accept the lesson (if you decline medbs path will be closed)

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Finished the update, and damn.......

Ceolag I thought it was fantastic & felt the update did a superb job at pulling at the player's heartstrings with fate of a certain character in Medb's ending (with relationship points maxed out).

I just loved the Alfheimer world, a whole new environment, new characters, and setting.
Makes me wonder whether we will ever return to this side of the world (given what happens in the end of the chapter).

In terms of characters, Medb was great.
I liked more additional backstory with her that got revealed.
And the convos she had with MC were nice.
Here's hoping we get more MC-Medb scenes in the future with her route.

Though, I'm ngl, I do feel that the real MVP of this update was Finnabair.
The way that her relation with MC starts off, with their whole banter back and forth with the chemistry, I loved it.

Introduction of other characters like Oberon I quite liked too.

I get there was zero Kaija content with this update, but I have a feeling between Medb and Kaija routes, the scale is slowly tipping towards Medb in terms of my favorite route. :KEK:

So yeah. Kudos for a great update, and I'll be looking forward to the next one.

retnavgunner

Jul 3, 2018
I updated the walkthrough mod based on LaikDink's mod, and found errors in the first two chapters which I corrected. I played loaded saves and started a new playthrough to test and fix any bugs. All I took care of was the walkthrough portion, but rest of the mod remains the same.

Reactions: xapican and Rayne
4.30 star(s) 41 Votes