IXL

Jul 28, 2017
The game is great, and the artwork too. I feel a bit sorry for the dev really because its soo good that I think its working against him. What I mean is that the demand for updates must be huge. I am a patreon of such development like this, I dont mind helping and putting towards such projects.

Henriyk

Jun 8, 2020
The game is great, and the artwork too. I feel a bit sorry for the dev really because its soo good that I think its working against him. What I mean is that the demand for updates must be huge. I am a patreon of such development like this, I dont mind helping and putting towards such projects.
Partially agree. The only thing you see in here are new players who appreciate it. Don't think it works against him, he just doesn't have enough patreon users according to himself (not earning enough for the game to become a full time job). Which is really strange considering the quality of the game. I think an explanation could be that he updates too rarely (minimum 3 months in between, last note on patreon at the end of October!?) for many to become part of it, including myself.

Reactions: blacktoad

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
... and the bugs and slow pace to fixing them, even when they are fairly critical, aren't exactly helping either. They don't scream "dev that throws every effort at the game" (although the art says the opposite, I guess ^^; ).

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Partially agree. The only thing you see in here are new players who appreciate it. Don't think it works against him, he just doesn't have enough patreon users according to himself (not earning enough for the game to become a full time job). Which is really strange considering the quality of the game. I think an explanation could be that he updates too rarely (minimum 3 months in between, last note on patreon at the end of October!?) for many to become part of it, including myself.
This is not what i mean, he only has 1 pair of hands. Even if he had 2 or 3 times the current income, it would not necessarily make the content come out quicker. People have a miss judgement in this area. The light that shines twice as bright only shines half as long, as the saying goes.

I just hope he enjoys what he is doing and it doesnt become a burden. People want want want. lol

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
This is not what i mean, he only has 1 pair of hands. Even if he had 2 or 3 times the current income, it would not necessarily make the content come out quicker. People have a miss judgement in this area. The light that shines twice as bright only shines half as long, as the saying goes.

I just hope he enjoys what he is doing and it doesnt become a burden. People want want want. lol
Hopefully in the future stuff like Dall-E will help release updates out way faster

Reactions: IXL

Henriyk

Jun 8, 2020

Fair enough. But I'm alluding to Blacktoad's own description on his patreon page. And yes more time does not (always) equal more quality. But in relation to his level, I don't have the slightest doubt that if he had more time we would get more updates.

Reactions: IXL

Sexyhunter1

Mar 6, 2019
Loved the game, I used to dismiss games with this kind of art cause they aren't what I'm used to but this one really turned me around. Any other good games with this style?

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

aboo

Dec 18, 2018
What do I do here, I am stuck the quest log shows talk to nicole in her office. Is it bugged? if so what can I do without restarting the whole game, because it takes ages to skip stuff. 1670935219174.png
1670935252224.png

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Loved the game, I used to dismiss games with this kind of art cause they aren't what I'm used to but this one really turned me around. Any other good games with this style?
Heh, I would like to know as well.. this atmosphere is really unique though..
What do I do here, I am stuck the quest log shows talk to nicole in her office. Is it bugged? if so what can I do without restarting the whole game, because it takes ages to skip stuff. View attachment 2232721
View attachment 2232722
It's a dream sequence.. take the elevator, go to where they are getting it on on the desk.. should give you more dialogue and progress toward the end of the sequence. Then you will wake up

aboo

Dec 18, 2018
Heh, I would like to know as well.. this atmosphere is really unique though..

It's a dream sequence.. take the elevator, go to where they are getting it on on the desk.. should give you more dialogue and progress toward the end of the sequence. Then you will wake up
when i click on the elevator nothing happems

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
when i click on the elevator nothing happems
Sorry, I assumed you talked to the receptionist first..

You walk into the building, talk to receptionist (Mery if I remember correctly) Then take the elevator, then walk to the desk where they are getting it on.. it should automatically progress from that point onwards.. ( you don't go back to elevator ) which I think you tried now.. From your second or bottom image, all you need to do is get in the area between those desk islands where the action is happening..

aboo

Dec 18, 2018
Sorry, I assumed you talked to the receptionist first..

You walk into the building, talk to receptionist (Mery if I remember correctly) Then take the elevator, then walk to the desk where they are getting it on.. it should automatically progress from that point onwards.. ( you don't go back to elevator ) which I think you tried now.. From your second or bottom image, all you need to do is get in the area between those desk islands where the action is happening..
Sorry for bothering, but here's the thing when I click on the desk where the action is happening I just get sent back to the elevator image again. anywhere near them or close to this area it just sends me back to elevator image and nothing happens

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Sorry for bothering, but here's the thing when I click on the desk where the action is happening I just get sent back to the elevator image again. anywhere near them or close to this area it just sends me back to elevator image and nothing happens
You are right, Susan should be standing there as well ( come out of the elevator with you..) Seems you have run into a weird bug..

Attached is a save coming into the building, can progress it, should be top left slot if you put it under

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\BlackToad\TheNightDriver

(probably has different choices from your original playthrough)

Maybe you can upload a save from there where you run into this bug..

Curious to what caused this, I tested not talking to the receptionist and it would still work.. Did you have dialogue in the elevator?

aboo

Dec 18, 2018
You are right, Susan should be standing there as well ( come out of the elevator with you..) Seems you have run into a weird bug..

Attached is a save coming into the building, can progress it, should be top left slot if you put it under

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\BlackToad\TheNightDriver

(probably has different choices from your original playthrough)

Maybe you can upload a save from there where you run into this bug..

Curious to what caused this, I tested not talking to the receptionist and it would still work.. Did you have dialogue in the elevator?
I can't remember exactly what happened, but I remember talking to the receptionist. I couldn't see clearly it was so dark and I didn't focus much wanted to skip dream, not a fan of them in the game lol.

here's my save file, it should be the first row in the middle

thanks for the help tho!

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
I can't remember exactly what happened, but I remember talking to the receptionist. I couldn't see clearly it was so dark and I didn't focus much wanted to skip dream, not a fan of them in the game lol.

here's my save file, it should be the first row in the middle

thanks for the help tho!
That's definitely weird, loading your save Susan is missing, the body guard and MC are not even visible.. while you are clearly able to move around.. I'll share this with blacktoad on his discord, maybe he can figure out what caused this..

Just to check, the save I attached works for you?

Last edited:
Reactions: blacktoad

WhatDatDogDoing

Sep 26, 2021
I encountered a bug/glitch after the nightmare happens. All my items are gone, and therefore I can't use the car (I don't remember which day or chapter it is, but it's the one where you have to buy a pie for Gina)

HanktheHunk3

Nov 18, 2019
I encountered a bug/glitch after the nightmare happens. All my items are gone, and therefore I can't use the car (I don't remember which day or chapter it is, but it's the one where you have to buy a pie for Gina)
Did you see the key in the action menu? Hover over the car. Then press the car key symbol. Sometimes its hard to see.

4.60 star(s) 136 Votes