Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Have to say, Shiny. Your constant replying is giving me even more hope then when I first came across the project. It's nice to see it passed those enduring times at the begginning and even if I was happy before with where it was headed, now I'm surpisingly ecstatic.

As a side-note, Laura... marone. She has always been a thing to me, but in this...

Last edited:

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Have to say, Shiny. Your constant replying is giving me even more hope then when I first came across the project. It's nice to see it passed those enduring times at the begginning and even if I was happy before with where it was headed, now I'm surpisingly ecstatic.
I'm glad you're hyped! I try to check the forum a few times a day to answer what I can!

I know the pain of waiting out so if I can clarify where I'm allowed, I will!

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
Worth a try, yeah? So will that Magik, will she be Darkchylde or normal? I don't know the character so I don't see the reason for another blonde after Emma. Hype for the other two new mutants.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Worth a try, yeah? So will that Magik, will she be Darkchylde or normal? I don't know the character so I don't see the reason for another blonde after Emma. Hype for the other two new mutants.
Dude just thinking about the Darkchylde stuff gives me a headache. Pretty sure Magik specific storylines would be exclusive to her events as I have no idea how we'd interweave all the Limbo stuff into the plotlines we want to touch on.

The ideal world is to implement as many X-gals as we can. Make them main girls if we can adapt their stories in a fun way, side girls if we can't.

While we're focused on the primary game, the dev team has said multiple times "We can go back later" and there's also the DLC stories that we've been spitballing whenever we need a short break from the main project.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yikes my dude. I'm gonna be directing this to the dev team XD

There is the potential idea of the player character's face seen on screen but we'd need to approach that very carefully.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Yikes my dude. I'm gonna be directing this to the dev team XD

There is the potential idea of the player character's face seen on screen but we'd need to approach that very carefully.
Expected reaction, hopefully anything from that helps somehow. I mean, I'm excited because if, anything, the six-years storyline is a new to me in my smut - it coming out good, or bad, I'll be here.

As for how the face will be shown, if no consensus can be found, just get the same model-esque guy in three colours - not like there's a need to show him all the time. Don't make him bald, tho', show some restraint, hahahah.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Good on your all for discussing what is shown. Often too much is just told and that's not fun on the smut.
A personal opinion not directly connected to the team(I have to be clear since I am the PR guy), but I'm under the belief that if you're going to be a text game, be a text game. If you're gonna have art, have art.

Granted we're not cartoonists with Disney money so say for example if we decide that the player will come across Wolverine and Sabertooth fighting it out, it's probably going to be colored silhouettes(like their outfits) with some narration but safe to say that if something is happening in front of the MC's eyes, we are going to provide some visual representation.

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
Dude just thinking about the Darkchylde stuff gives me a headache. Pretty sure Magik specific storylines would be exclusive to her events as I have no idea how we'd interweave all the Limbo stuff into the plotlines we want to touch on.

The ideal world is to implement as many X-gals as we can. Make them main girls if we can adapt their stories in a fun way, side girls if we can't.
I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm a degenerate asking if she'll have horns, a tail, and hooves.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
A personal opinion not directly connected to the team(I have to be clear since I am the PR guy), but I'm under the belief that if you're going to be a text game, be a text game. If you're gonna have art, have art.
What rocks my world's whatever's well shown or described. Sex has got to have motion, and letters have to conclude in a satisfactory experience, both can be used together and when they are... marone...
If what's shown in 0.3c is what's coming to the cast, the first and the remaining, then I can say you all already have one part almost perfected - almost.
Laura's the one who'll make or break the experience to me, so I'm hoping she's that extra good; if the previous modded thread is to be taken as content, then I'm confident she will.

I do have to ask, tho'. How are you all planning to do kisses and other stuff? Head pats, hugs? Those are all things that would benefit greatly from images.
Kisses are handed piss-poor in 2D smut games here.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I do have to ask, tho'. How are you all planning to do kisses and other stuff? Head pats, hugs? Those are all things that would benefit greatly from images.
This will need to be handled very carefully as we don't want to outright show the character's face in full detail as the MC is meant to be somewhat* of a self-insert for the player. We are toying around with some limited customization though.**

Kisses and hugs would probably be zoomed-in shots, implying the action. Not sure, just me speculating as right now we're trying to hammer out bugs, UI improvements, and revisions to the intro as we wait for more art to come in.

Head pats however may be shown on screen. For those of you who have played the build up on this thread, you'll know that you'll see parts of the MC's body so we can have the guy reach out and pet them.

Kisses are handed piss-poor in 2D smut games here.
Yeah. Personally, I'm gonna be fighting against any mention of the girl just making kissy faces from a distance.

While on the subject, I'd hope she'd be more like the witcher 3 succubi than her canon legs. Those things are fucking nightmarish looking, almost bolted on.
Yeah I took a look at that. It does look rather odd lol

I'll mention it to the team.

*We're trying to make player responses varied but can only spend so much time on one conversation.
**I can't go into detail here other than teasing discussion of clothing stores may be expanded. ;)

Reactions: YamiDigitalDev

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
This will need to be handled very carefully as we don't want to outright show the character's face in full detail as the MC is meant to be somewhat* of a self-insert for the player.
That's always a difficult corner to back yourself into with narratives, good luck and all. Don't let us be too boring, yeah?

We are toying around with some limited customization though.**
Any costumization would be welcomed, that's for sure. You guys take your time with that so it comes good.

Kisses and hugs would probably be zoomed-in shots, implying the action. Not sure (...)

Head pats however may be shown on screen.
The main concern about adding hugs that aren't zoom in is our character itself, hm? What I imagine we'd get from the hug is a reaction, be a rejecting elbow to the stomach - or whatever they can hit depending on the height difference - to a slight blush or a comforting expression along with silence or a dozen other ways to say something without being told it directly.
Reactions are way too much fun.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Don't let us be too boring, yeah?
Oh nah we're not going the route of a Persona game or visual novels with MC-kun or something like that.

While some conversations will allow a plethora of options to build your character. Minor stuff like your relationship with your family, and personal likes such as food and hobbies, the three major temperaments we're working with so far are-

1. Eager, you're hyped about having powers.
2. Reluctant, you're in this situation so you might as well roll with it.
3. Pissed off, you didn't ask for this shitty situation.

Various characters will respond differently to each and from what I've seen from the writers, new information is frequently being given to the character to have you switch up your viewpoint on the situation in a realistic manner.

Like you can be hyped at first but then realize that being punched by someone with super strength fucking hurts so choosing reluctant options after that will be noticed by some characters. You can then go back to being hyped or get pissed off and have kinda an anti-hero vibe.

You can be pissed off at first but realizing your powers can help people can lead to choosing a more heroic mindset but if you end up failing you can then be reluctant.

It won't be perfect as we can't account for every conceivable interaction and we can't have every single character know about all of your choices but there will be various points where an action may change how a character treats you in a boundary you set for them or if you tell someone to ask another character for advice instead of attempting yourself, that character will remember you sent someone their way.

In the end it's a video game so we have our limits but we're going to do our best to give you a fun sandbox narrative adventure.

No meme-filled sex simulator and no 21 hours of reading to see one sex scene.

Reactions are way too much fun.
Dude, we have an entire list of facial expressions for our programmers to consult whenever a writer mentions one. It's insane. Have fun pissing girls off or embarrassing them for a chuckle XD Although keep in mind they may not appreciate the teasing lol

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Like you can be hyped at first but then realize that being punched by someone with super strength fucking hurts so choosing reluctant options after that will be noticed by some characters. You can then go back to being hyped or get pissed off and have kinda an anti-hero vibe.

You can be pissed off at first but realizing your powers can help people can lead to choosing a more heroic mindset but if you end up failing you can then be reluctant.
Honestly, knowing I can change mindsets is the fun of narrative driven experiences, even if I won't or I don't see the good in it, I like that it's there as an option. I always go with the NCR in F:NV, but I wouldn't trade them from any other faction in the game.
It's writing goodness when you see an alternative to your current situation, but there's also how much that changes in the end, but we'll see that, won't we?

In the end it's a video game so we have our limits but we're going to do our best to give you a fun sandbox narrative adventure.
No meme-filled sex simulator and no 21 hours of reading to see one sex scene.
I wouldn't mind having to grind if the end result is satisfactory, I hope that the writing and experience maintains itself good even if I get to have my smut in less than Three hours.

Dude, we have an entire list of facial expressions for our programmers to consult whenever a writer mentions one. It's insane. Have fun pissing girls off or embarrassing them for a chuckle XD Although keep in mind they may not appreciate the teasing lol
You couldn't possibly have said something to get me more interested in a game, I live for reaction and relation between characters in my literature.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes