ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Nothing, please. There're better looking women, and villains.
Nah. We made a rule that if any female character is physically on screen, you get to fuck her. It's doubtful that Kimura will be on screen.

You said it yourself: Monkey see, monkey do.
I mean fair.

Edit to add this since I forgot as I was replying;
Also many fair points. Though that still doesn't adjust someone like Laura for high school. Her only actually understood pop culture reference is Pinocchio(If the other mercs did say something it'd be in passing) so her talking about assassination in French wouldn't be too taboo in her head.

Don't even start me with that entitled bitch of a cousin she has... hope she doesn't appear in the game.
Dude, she has PTSD and her family and therapist were lying to her face about being kidnapped. I'd be a little resentful too.

10 days to finish and test? I don't know, Shiny.
I told y'all that if the pace of production slows down I'd let you know. It hasn't slowed down.

Have the two ever interacted after that goodbye in the comic?
I have no idea. I haven't done comic research for several weeks because 30 years of X-Men comics while also studying for school kinda fried my brain.

I would have adored a latina Laura
You and me both brother.

I'm wondering if she'll appear in the new Deadpool since Shiny said they'll retcon Logan in it.
I said they were retconning Wolverine Origins.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shiny, please. Tell me we can hug/pat/appreciate Laura lots, please.
Appreciate? Yes. Hug? Maybe. Pat? I'm gonna suggest headpats to the dev team for a future update because there are several X-Gals that are prime material for headpatting.

All this talk of Kimura makes me wonder, will Emma Frost be in this game? (Sorry in advance because I'm sure its come up already)
:illuminati:

emma, ophelia, raven, etc. gotta catch em all (maybe eventually as DLCs?)
Anything's possible with DLC and Patreon money.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
If it's the one I'm thinking of (the one where he's talking about pigeon wings and then someone closes a door), that was also in Deadpool 2.
It was? Huh. Need to rewatch these things.

I wonder if any new girls will be in the game? Ones we haven’t seen in RLE before
Team has repeatedly told me to keep when and if specific X-Gals will be in the game a surprise for y'all.

Buuuut. I can confirm that we have outlines for a bunch of characters that'd probably never show up in RLE.

BDman234

Jan 16, 2021
It was? Huh. Need to rewatch these things.

Team has repeatedly told me to keep when and if specific X-Gals will be in the game a surprise for y'all.

Buuuut. I can confirm that we have outlines for a bunch of characters that'd probably never show up in RLE.
Magik my beloved

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Nah. We made a rule that if any female character is physically on screen, you get to fuck her. It's doubtful that Kimura will be on screen.
If you put her on screen, and you didn't give Null a choice at one point to just hurt her in some way the game would immediately be a bust. I mean, we can stop powers for a bit, right? We could stop her "I win" power and let Laura have a field day with lady "future multilated body parts."
Not that I'd do that, I'd rather just kick her in the pussy and lock her way in whatever hole they put supers in. But the thought passes my mind and so I writel over the hatred for the character and how it's presented.

Also many fair points. Though that still doesn't adjust someone like Laura for high school. Her only actually understood pop culture reference is Pinocchio(If the other mercs did say something it'd be in passing) so her talking about assassination in French wouldn't be too taboo in her head.
High school is a thousand times easier than anything she went through. It's not the fact that she's rebellious and out-spoken that gets to me, it's how she was made to present that - in Innocence Lost she is the character that least speaks out of the entire cast.

I'd have understood an arms crossed, pouting and furious Laura, but to burst out like that? If any sort of confrontation leads her to using affirmative shouts, it's a fucking wonder she wasn't found before for commiting genocide for people just making sure that she's alright in the time it took her to get to her aunt's place.

Dude, she has PTSD and her family and therapist were lying to her face about being kidnapped. I'd be a little resentful too.
Dickish on her mother's and aunt's side, but my point stands. She fights them by living a fantasy that her life is set around a lie when both her mother and aunt are succesful people even with their father doing whatever to them - she's a teen, so that's usual. But that's no reason for me to like the character, entitled people still hurt their followers the most, and Laura's a follower.

I told y'all that if the pace of production slows down I'd let you know. It hasn't slowed down.
Hm... ok, Shiny. I'll keep my bet, then.

You and me both brother.
I was gonna say that I get to see a lot of latinas already. But you're Californian... right? That's not exactly a flex considering how close you guys are to the Latin Americas.

I said they were retconning Wolverine Origins.
I have nothing to add, but I'm sorry I misquoted you.

Appreciate? Yes. Hug? Maybe. Pat? I'm gonna suggest headpats to the dev team for a future update because there are several X-Gals that are prime material for headpatting.
It could be just a simple description, I'm pretty sure putting money into detailed head patting and hugging isn't a good use of money.
It's a good immersive detail - people hug themselves all the time, but there're no stats bars in real-life that hugs help with.

SauceMixer

Nov 1, 2017
If you put her on screen, and you didn't give Null a choice at one point to just hurt her in some way the game would immediately be a bust. I mean, we can stop powers for a bit, right? We could stop her "I win" power and let Laura have a field day with lady "future multilated body parts."
when he said won't be show on screen I immediately think of a scenario where she hurts you indirectly (what with you being essentially a normal dude and all that) - maybe some explosion or something - and knocks your ass out cold and you wake up with the post-action report of Laura went full berserk mode and mutilated body parts was involved.

Yes I write fan-fic sometime, why do you ask?

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Let's go Psylocke
Magik my beloved
Maybe. The game's timeline would line up with their introductions in the comic... :sneaky:

We could stop her "I win" power
Is Kimura a mutant? I thought she just had a unique scent.

I'd have understood an arms crossed, pouting and furious Laura, but to burst out like that?
I assumed she was acting how she perceived teenagers.

But you're Californian... right?
Floridian.

That's not exactly a flex considering how close you guys are to the Latin Americas.
I'm actually Latin Caribbean. Family filled with Cubans.

It could be just a simple description, I'm pretty sure putting money into detailed head patting and hugging isn't a good use of money.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
when he said won't be show on screen I immediately think of a scenario where she hurts you indirectly (what with you being essentially a normal dude and all that) - maybe some explosion or something - and knocks your ass out cold and you wake up with the post-action report of Laura went full berserk mode and mutilated body parts was involved.

Yes I write fan-fic sometime, why do you ask?
We'd show SOMETHING before having the MC laid out. Some things will be text because we're not an animation studio but others can be conveyed just fine with images. Think like a motion comic.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Is Kimura a mutant? I thought she just had a unique scent.
Maybe that's an after Target-X addition, in Target-X her skin is made of very evil invincible fair and valid power. Meaning, Laura's claws do nothing at all to Kimura, she can't penetrate, slash, whatever.

I assumed she was acting how she perceived teenagers.
That'd be an interesting plot point, but I figure if she'd have forced herself to be quiet all her life after reckognizing that she's better off not speaking at all,.

Floridian.
Ow, I'm so sorry. Not for mistaking the places, but for Florida.

We'd show SOMETHING before having the MC laid out. Some things will be text because we're not an animation studio but others can be conveyed just fine with images. Think like a motion comic.
Honestly, anything with the idea of Laura fighting for you - and/or herself depending on the context - would be absolutely amazing.
Any of the girls doing it would be great, but Laura's very visceral and violent so I take it it'd be either a great show, or a nice read.

• Haha
Reactions: doizoid.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Maybe that's an after Target-X addition, in Target-X her skin is made of very evil invincible fair and valid power. Meaning, Laura's claws do nothing at all to Kimura, she can't penetrate, slash, whatever.
Yeah, spoilers for how Laura was able to finally defeat Kimura. As invincible as her skin was, Kimura still needed to breathe. Laura drowned her in some shallow water.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Yeah, spoilers for how Laura was able to finally defeat Kimura. As invincible as her skin was, Kimura still needed to breathe. Laura drowned her in some shallow water.
As silly as that is, I don't think a character that is introduced without any respect is worth of a respectable death - wish Ellie in TLoU2 had done to the same.

Rodrigoleouf

Sep 28, 2017
Is there a recap post listing what will be available or not at the release ? I thought I saw something like this but I don't find it.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
That's also a spoiler for how a somewhat indie superhero movie ended (I won't say which one).
If we're thinking of the same movie then boo. Worst execution of a "shared universe" and not surprised M Night couldn't execute it properly.

Is there a recap post listing what will be available or not at the release ? I thought I saw something like this but I don't find it.
Nope. I've been a tease and leaked some info but I'm not sure I want to make a full recap post. It may risk giving unreasonable expectations.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
If we're thinking of the same movie then boo. Worst execution of a "shared universe" and not surprised M Night couldn't execute it properly.
Yeah, I lost all interest in seeing that movie after I heard about that. I don't really like seeing heroic characters die in general (still haven't seen Logan), but it's so much worse when it's anticlimactic like that. And hey, maybe that's exactly he was going for, but that just means my tastes don't align with M. Night's.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Yeah, I lost all interest in seeing that movie after I heard about that. I don't really like seeing heroic characters die in general (still haven't seen Logan), but it's so much worse when it's anticlimactic like that. And hey, maybe that's exactly he was going for, but that just means my tastes don't align with M. Night's.
I'd reccomend it, just don't watch it at maximun volume, and maybe skip the part where they hold a ceremony for him? It's bad.

It's an amazing movie. They did really good with it.

aj1

Aug 5, 2016
This thread has got me interested in x-men comics so i started at the very beginning. Just finished the silver age stuff and now on to second genesis stuff. Next up Phoenix Saga.

So i have to ask, since Polaris/Lorna Dane was wasted in 1-66 and after leaves with Havok, what are the chances of her showing up? As a teacher or student.

Also it's a dickhead move to include additional stuff in reprints, thankfully i've read after issue 45 of classic x-men they stopped.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes