ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Oh fuck, no Im all for the goofy nazi german phonetical accent.
Don't you fuckin dare make him less of a walking parody.
Dude I wish we could. Everyone who would logically have an accent will have one. It just won't be every. single. spoken. word. :ROFLMAO:

I dunno, it can be a bit hard for non-native speakers, at the current level. Or maybe it's just me, I dunno.
No, it's honestly our greatest and most common criticism. Which is actually very comforting as there's a lot of ways you can screw up this kind of game. I'm glad that people seem to love Nightcrawler. They just have to reread his line two or three times to fully get it. :p

Janglin' Jack

Mar 15, 2023
Hey, ShinyBoots1993 -- quick question: Do you expect the v0.1 to just be a more polished version of the preview, or will it have much more content? Just wanna know exactly how hyped I should be getting!

JJ

Cheru

Jul 15, 2017
Don't know where do you see grimdark though. If you mean "grainy image" it's an optional comic book style, which you can turn off.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Maybe to not put so many grimdark style notes in these arts? It's kinda scares me.
You really have no idea what you're talking about.

Grimdark as a style is far grittier and darker than anything presented in this game. It's chilling, it's oppressive, it's at time morbid.

This game is anything but grimdark.

Reactions: Cheru

Kirara23

May 14, 2023
I for sure know what I'm talking about, but I understand someone is not happy about my opinion. Now excuse me, I have better plans to do, then argue about nothing.

• Angry
Reactions: DudeMasters

Cheru

Jul 15, 2017
Not grainy images, it feels as Disciples 2's characters.
*washes eyes thoroughly with soap* excuse me, but where do you see anything even remotely resembling D2? I'm saying it as long time Disciples fan and grimdark enjoyer in general.
Honestly... and without being rude or anything, what's not grimdark for you? Ponies? :unsure:

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
I don't know how to say it to not offend somebody... Maybe to not put so many grimdark style notes in these arts? It's kinda scares me.

View attachment 2658912
I think what these folks mean to ask is for you to walk us through the journey you took to this thought. What does grimdark mean to you and what details of the game are you picking up on.

Hey, ShinyBoots1993 -- quick question: Do you expect the v0.1 to just be a more polished version of the preview, or will it have much more content? Just wanna know exactly how hyped I should be getting!

JJ
It is confirmed that it will be more content. Actual fucking and sandbox stuff iirc

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020

JJ
It is confirmed that it will be more content. Actual fucking and sandbox stuff iirc
The entirety of chapter 1 up until its conclusion. Barring an emergency bugfix, the update after that will be the final boss battle of chapter 1 and fine tuning of various systems based on user feedback and things we'll be cutting for time.

After that it's the stated update cycle of-

Main Plot
Girl Plot
Side Plot
Misc Additions

Not grainy images, it feels as Disciples 2's characters.
I just googled Disciples 2 and I'm very confused. What does something that looks like a grimmer take on Age of Wonders have to do with that picture of Jean?

I'm also very confused about the claim of grimdark as she's smiling quite happily.

I too have no desire to argue but you have left me very confused and if there's an issue, I would like to address it.

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
Yeah we've reduced it quite a bit. He'll still have a noticeable accent but going 100% into phonetical was a wrong move on our part. Don't worry, you'll still have your "Mein Brudder." :p
That's great to hear, I really like the interactions between the MC and Kurt, so having him around with less germanism feels like having a reliable sidekick without being worried of him donning the SS uniform.

Looks like the 0.1 will be ripe with content: any idea about a release date? Give or take, mind you, I don't want to put any unnecessary pressure.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
any idea about a release date? Give or take, mind you, I don't want to put any unnecessary pressure.
Not making that mistake again lmao :ROFLMAO:

Once we get in a few releases we'll start doing roadmaps and stuff but we tried doing release dates and release windows and it backfired on us. We are grateful for how forgiving the community has been on that though! :love:

VenomusPL

Jul 1, 2019
Dude I wish we could. Everyone who would logically have an accent will have one. It just won't be every. single. spoken. word. :ROFLMAO:

No, it's honestly our greatest and most common criticism. Which is actually very comforting as there's a lot of ways you can screw up this kind of game. I'm glad that people seem to love Nightcrawler. They just have to reread his line two or three times to fully get it. :p
Will we have some wacky Irish people in the game? Banshee? Or even better his redhead semen demon of a saughter, Siryn?
That accent...

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Will we have some wacky Irish people in the game? Banshee? Or even better his redhead semen demon of a saughter, Siryn?
That accent...
As an Irish person, explain to me what an Irish accent sounds like, without it (a) becoming Scottish, (b) becoming cliched or (c) becoming a little bit offensive.

VenomusPL

Jul 1, 2019
As an Irish person, explain to me what an Irish accent sounds like, without it (a) becoming Scottish, (b) becoming cliched or (c) becoming a little bit offensive.
Mix all of the above and you have an irish accent. Plus add the leprechaun pronounciation. 'Top of da mornin ladie, have you tried the lucku charms? they're mAgIcAlLy delicious"
If it's not offending the people it's portraying it's shit and not an accent. If it make irish cringe...it's a good work. The same with hon hon hon, le french, britbongs, germans and the sort.

• Sad
Reactions: Crichton
4.60 star(s) 152 Votes