Forced Sexual Scene

• All good no problem, keep going with the story

Votes: 2,338 70.7%
  • No, players should be allowed to skip sexual scenes (might cause to skip few details in the plot)

Votes: 288 8.7%
  • Don't mind but would be happier if I had the option to skip

Votes: 679 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Yes, and I don't condone that at all, I find it 'lame' unconstructive and detrimental I already mentioned this in a previous post, but I think some amount of criticism is warranted, even on this forum, because a developer does get most of his patrons from here, and no one can deny that. So, the delay is not the problem here, I do understand the factors that may have effected the development process especially during these times, and I sympathise with the dev on that, but the issue here is that the dev cannot stick to his deadlines, which are set by him, and is not forced upon him and other than that all other games recieve the same backlash when this kind of thing happens, so this game is nothing special, and deserves its fair share of criticism for not sticking to deadlines, and delaying the game, when you have already publicly posted about it being complete and its immediate release. This unfortunately makes the dev a bit disingenuous and shows lack of commitment, that does not mean he deserves vile, personal insults spewed by some people here, and they should be called out 100%. But, I have seen people go after peeps who are just expressing their dissatisfaction and comparing this situation to other games in the past, which I think is a valid comparison in most cases, now this means (not really white knighting) blindly supporting the dev and not seeing his professional flaws, which I do not like.
So, yes the dev is answerable to a certain extent about his actions on this forum too(there I said it). because this is his potential audience and yes certain criticism is also warranted if said actions are not satisfactory. So people fearing another scam at this point of time, is not unwarranted and not at all bullying. I wanted to become a patron after playing the last update,(I really wanted to, not capping) but I decided against it, because of this situation, and this is not an isolated incident sadly. I have never posted anything remotely toxic against the dev, but I will always criticise his lack of commitment.
Hope Ive made myself clear.
Thanks for your elaborate and polite reply to my more or less rhetorical question.

Without doubt dev didn't give the best impression of himself and might look untrustworthy or disingenuous, because he announced deadlines after deadlines and never delivered anything. For a dev it is the worst thing that can happen. With each post/announcement they dig their own grave deeper and deeper. It doesn't matter what they do, they will always end pickig the wrong choice to calm the situation. You can witness it in every thread as soon as dev announces an update date. The crowed get hyped and then dev can't make it in time, because of Murphy's law. Everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Then people, mostly non-supporters, will start to insult dev and call him a milker (or worse) and compare him with ICSTOR. I remember that PhillyGames received death threats via PM from forum users, because he killed a character in his game. Some people really have some loose screws and should consider therapy.

Honestly, and what I have heard from many other devs, F95 has turned more and more into a toxic environment for them where they no longer want to participate and interact with fans - not because they don't want to, no, but because of entitled assholes, who use the forum as their personal platform to insult devs instead to give constructive criticism about the game.

Damaged wanted to be close to his fans and show them how serious he is about his game by giving an estimate release date. Well, he failed miserably. I give him the benefit of doubt, because he seems still be young with not much experience in development. All I hope is, that he will learn from this past mistakes and no longer try to please everyone. He had to learn it on the hard way like many other devs before him.

Have a good one.

Last edited:

FightmeLaiLai

Aug 2, 2019
I already posted the explanation. Damage wasn't happy with the dialogues and told the writer to rewrite them. Same as you the writer has a full-time job and works on the dialogues during his free time.
This is more for my curiosity - Isn't the script completed before the renders? Or did Damage have a change of heart with the previous script after the renders were done?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
This is more for my curiosity - Isn't the script completed before the renders?
No. Many artist start to work on renders first based on their ideas/inspiration. While they setup the environment and characters, the scene plays out in their mind. They will write down notes, what the scene is about and what the dialogues could be. The bigger your team is the faster you can start with the writing process, while the artist works on renders for the next scene. Here is where often problems occur. Artist like to go back and adjust a previous scene to make it fit with their idea for a new scene. Then the writer has to adjust this scene too. If you have an external writer, whom you pay per words, then you will wait until you finished most of your renders and send the person full batch of renders with instructions. Here is another point where problems occur. You have take into account: Language barrier, different time zones, personal time, etc. of the writer. From my personal experience, working with a French speaker, I can tell you that notes are not easy to decipher and sometimes their ideas for dialogues or screenplay is - simply put - horrible. In a well-balanced team the situation is a bit better. Together you will start to outline your ideas for an update with all scenes and choices and make sure that everything is coherent with previous updates and choices. However, the bigger your game gets and the more choices with branches you have, the fragile it becomes for problems.

Or did Damage have a change of heart with the previous script after the renders were done?
He didn't like the first draft of dialogues the writer presented to him and asked him to redo them.

dasaniruddha28

May 24, 2020
Thanks for your elaborate and polite reply to my more or less rhetorical question.

Without doubt dev didn't give the best impression of himself and might look untrustworthy or disingenuous, because he announced deadlines after deadlines and never delivered anything. For a dev it is the worst thing that can happen. With each post/announcement they dig their own grave deeper and deeper. It doesn't matter what they do, they will always end pickig the wrong choice to calm the situation. You can witness it in every thread as soon as dev announces an update date. The crowed get hyped and then dev can't make it in time, because of Murphy's law. Everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Then people, mostly non-supporters, will start to insult dev and call him a milker (or worse) and compare him with ICSTOR. I remember that PhillyGames received death threats via PM from forum users, because he killed a character in his game. Some people really have some loose screws and should consider therapy.

Honestly, and what I have heard from many other devs, F95 has turned more and more into a toxic environment for them where they no longer want to participate and interact with fans - not because they don't want to, no, but because of entitled assholes, who use the forum as their personal platform to insult devs instead to give constructive criticism about the game.

Damaged wanted to be close to his fans and show them how serious he is about his game by giving an estimate release date. Well, he failed miserably. I give him the benefit of doubt, because he seems still be young with not much experience in development. All I hope is, that he will learn from this past mistakes and no longer try to please everyone. He had to learn it on the hard way like many other devs before him.

Have a good one.
Yes I completely agree, f95 is gradually getting toxic day by day, and this is due to both sides being toxic to each other, if our discourse is taken as an example, this kind of conversation is constructive, as it clears out certain differences in opinion without useless name calling and shaming. I love Coda's work and have immense respect for each and every artist on this forum(Except a few) I still hope he is able to deliver everything he promised with this update. So, In my humble opinion it would be a much pleasant environment if both sides could be civil and not toxic to each other, and if they choose to battle toxicity with toxicity they are not any better and should not pretend to be.

And I knew it was rhetorical, my post was a general response, to other people questioning my intention with the last post.
Thank you for reading through my entire post and replying.
you have a great day/night too.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
With his nth delays, he could have released the update as an alpha version explaining that dialogues will be revised for final version
And he should do that because....? :unsure:

Don't get me wrong I know were you are coming from and understand the reasons behind it, but I can't see how an alpha release would fix the situation without causing new problems. Only to please a handful of inpatient fans on a pirate forum while the majority of paying supporters don't care? Mmmh... not sure about this.

I'm not a patron of his and will get the game, probably same as you, from here. Personally I don't mind the wait and don't care about all the announced update dates, because there are tons of other games to play while waiting. Well... sucks to be a patron, but as said, I'm not one.

P.s.: Playing an alpha release and ending butchering my saves afterwards? Not a big fan of it.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
And he should do that because....? :unsure:

Don't get me wrong I know were you are coming from and understand the reasons behind it, but I can't see how an alpha release would fix the situation without causing new problems. Only to please a handful of inpatient fans on a pirate forum while the majority of paying supporters don't care? Mmmh... not sure about this.

I'm not a patron of his and will get the game, probably same as you, from here. Personally I don't mind the wait and don't care about all the announced update dates, because there are tons of other games to play while waiting. Well... sucks to be a patron, but as said, I'm not one.

P.s.: Playing an alpha release and ending butchering my saves afterwards? Not a big fan of it.
I didn't say he "should have" but "could have", to respect his self-imposed deadline.

Anyway I think it's headed to the abandoned tag sooner or later. I don't see the game completed one day, I hope I'm wrong for the fans

4.00 star(s) 103 Votes