michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
Does it matter if I give Jason the Tonic or not?
It just affects dialog. With the tonic, Jason is less willing to go along with things, notably in Dinner with Doug, with scenes with Donnie, and a bit of Fight Night. Example:

Doug: "Don’t you think she should dance on the bar for us, Jason?"
Jason (with tonic): "I don’t know...seems dangerous."
Jason (without tonic): "Hell yeah! Show us what you got, baby!"

Matu

Aug 24, 2018
It just affects dialog. With the tonic, Jason is less willing to go along with things, notably in Dinner with Doug, with scenes with Donnie, and a bit of Fight Night. Example:

Doug: "Don’t you think she should dance on the bar for us, Jason?"
Jason (with tonic): "I don’t know...seems dangerous."
Jason (without tonic): "Hell yeah! Show us what you got, baby!"
bro i am big fan of yours... what a bit miracle you have done with this renpy version... thanks a lot. i hope this renpy version gets updated along with rpgm. it will be so nice

gamelover1985

Apr 24, 2019
Hi guys.. I am stuck at the portion where she goes to the night market to buy new gym outfit and gets spanked there. After that, the only available option is to go back home. After reaching home, there is no option to get in. Did I miss something before?

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Hello. I'm stuck when I want to go to work, just after Jason is fired and I go to out of the Subway:
1690058004577.png

I've got the same kind of error when I want to go to the "church" with "No Events available: Special 2200".

Could you help me ?

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
Hello. I'm stuck when I want to go to work, just after Jason is fired and I go to out of the Subway:
View attachment 2791881

I've got the same kind of error when I want to go to the "church" with "No Events available: Special 2200".

Could you help me ?
Update your game to the latest version and you'll be able to play on, this bug has been fixed there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulrek

Nala1

Oct 15, 2018
Is the render quality here the same as the rpgm version cause damn thats a huge file size difference. I know cuttiing out the rpgm stuff would cut it down, but near 4gb worth?

Reactions: xapican

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
Is the render quality here the same as the rpgm version cause damn thats a huge file size difference. I know cuttiing out the rpgm stuff would cut it down, but near 4gb worth?
The RPGM original size breakdown is this:
  • Audio: OGG 105Mb
  • Movies: MP4 249Mb
For the non-compressed builds (~1.3Gb) of the Ren'Py version these are:
  • Images: WEBP, lossless if the image has transparency, lossy but with > 0.97 otherwise: 1.02Gb
  • Audio: uses original 105Mb
  • Movies: WEBM 2040k 194Mb
So while there is some loss introduced, it shouldn't be noticeable.

For the compressed builds (~400Mb) these are:
  • Audio: recompressed 96k 34.2Mb
  • Movies: WEBM 1024k 102.4Mb
So there may be some noticeable loss in the compressed builds, but the quality is okay considering it's a small download.

Last edited:

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
I've just reconverted and if I were to use lossless webp's for the images, it'll be 3.11Gb up from 1.02Gb

Would people want that? It'll change the main download size from 1.3Gb -> 3.4Gb

Last edited:

Nala1

Oct 15, 2018
I've just reconverted and if I were to use lossless webp's for the images, it'll be 3.11Gb up from 1.02Gb

I know personally i dont mind a couple gigs download size if im getting better quality since 3.4 gb isnt something id ever consider a large download now days but unless theres some demand from other users for you to use loseless webp's or go through the time and hassle of doing it im sure ill make do with what it is now. Was more curious as it was quite the size difference and didnt really see anywhere mentioned about the difference in quality between the rpgm version and this so wanted to ask. Thank you for the informative responses!

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023

What would the bigger files look like? Greatly improved Quality? If it just get bigger file sizes without a substantial bump in quality it probably wont be worth it to most.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Just a thought. What would really enhance this story is some sex sound effects. Nothing over done, but some flesh slapping and squishy sounds during sex. Some slurping, gulping and swallowing during oral. Not too loud, just enough to set the tone and raise the lewdness. Some moaning has already been added, but feels sorta out of place without any accompanying sex sounds.

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
What would the bigger files look like? Greatly improved Quality? If it just get bigger file sizes without a substantial bump in quality it probably wont be worth it to most.
I've just run some analysis on the 4487 scene images in v0.89.

Normal build
1106 x Lossless, 280 x SSIM > 0.99, 3113 x SSIM 0.98->0.99, 386 x SSIM 0.97->0.98

The "worst" image in the uncompressed build is apparently Dream_2: Original HQ 1.2Mb PNG, webp is 139Kb, 11.4% of the original size (SSIM 0.972)

dream_2-thumb.png

Here's a closeup on the face, original HQ render on left, uncompressed build on right

dream2-face-comparison.png

You can see some tiny differences in the hair if you really look for them, but the changes are almost imperceptible; and this is the worst quality image in the uncompressed build. I don't think it's worth the extra download to go lossless.

Compressed build
8 x Lossless, 1309 x SSIM 0.97-0.99, 2919 x SSIM 0.94-0.97, 609 x SSIM 0.91-0.94, 42 x SSIM > 0.88

The "worst" image in the compressed build is apparently JimSlater5_11: Original HQ is a 1.4Mb PNG, the compressed webp is 56Kb, 4% of the original size (SSIM 0.886).

Jim_Slater5_11-thumb.png

Here's a closeup on the faces.

Jim_Slater5_11-closeup-comparison.png

Here, you can see differences. The faces have been smoothed, the detailing on the shirt and the background is now blurred and Stacy's hair has lost definition. Still, considering it's the worst image, it's not too bad.

tl;dr: The compressed build image quality is high despite being 22% of the size of the original. The compressed version is not too bad considering it's 5% of the size of the original.

Last edited:

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
I've just run some analysis on the 4487 scene images that get run through the conversion process to calculate their SSIM as a measure of image quality. I'd read somewhere that 0.97 and above was a good quality image.

Uncompressed build
1106 x Lossless, 280 x SSIM > 0.99, 3113 x SSIM 0.98->0.99, 386 x SSIM 0.97->0.98

The "worst" image in the uncompressed build is apparently Dream_2: Original 1.2Mb PNG, webp is 139Kb, 11.4% of the original size (SSIM 0.972)

View attachment 2806106

Here's a closeup on the face, original on left, compressed on right

View attachment 2806077

You can see some tiny differences in the hair if you really look for them, but the changes are almost imperceptible; and this is the worst quality image in the uncompressed build. I don't think it's worth the extra download to go lossless.

Compressed build
8 x Lossless, 1309 x SSIM 0.97-0.99, 2919 x SSIM 0.94-0.97, 609 x SSIM 0.91-0.94, 42 x SSIM > 0.88

The "worst" image in the compressed build is apparently JimSlater5_11: Original is a 1.4Mb PNG, the compressed webp is 56Kb, 4% of the original size (SSIM 0.886).

View attachment 2806108

Here's a closeup on the faces.

View attachment 2806086

Here, you can see differences. The faces have been smoothed, the detailing on the shirt and the background is now blurred and Stacy's hair has lost definition. Still, considering it's the worst image, it's not too bad.

I've uploaded all of the images here for reference (both the original lossless PNG and the uncompressed/compressed WEBPs for reference): Workupload

tl;dr: The compressed build image quality is high despite being 22% of the size of the original. The compressed version is not too bad considering it's 5% of the size of the original.
I have a glorious broadband connection and the differences would be worth it to me and I wouldn't mind the increased file sizes. However - development time for you is a concern. How much effort does it take to maintain basically 2 versions if it's insignificant than I'm all for it, if it's even a minor pain in the ass then it would be better imo to just focus on the game development and adding scenes and content.

Can't wait for the next glorious update and the continuing adventures of our heroine whether they are in 4K or 1080P :love:

Reactions: Kroelle Cook
4.40 star(s) 16 Votes