Others Abandoned The Orc's Tale [v0.04] [tl101]

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
Can you be more specific about these issues, please?
For me they simply don't work. When I click the button save/load the game closes itself. It worked for me in the first version of the game, but the second and third don't work at all - I had to start from the beginning and wasn't able to save the progress at all. Actually, when I finished the last event in the current version where the redhead sucks the orc's dick and tried to save the game closed.

Last edited:
Reactions: pacolel and tl101

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
For me they simply don't work. When I click the button save/load the game closes itself. It worked for me in the first version of the game, but the second and third don't work at all - I had to start from the beginning and wasn't able to save the progress at all. Actually, when I finished the last event in the current version where the redhead sucks the orc's dick and tried to save the game closed.
The game closes when you try to open the save/load menu? And what version of your operating system do you have? Windows 10 or 7 or other?

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
The username of the Windows account? Yes, as far as remember it is not in English.
Yes, the user name of the Windows account. The new version of the game stores persistent settings and allows you to duplicate some of your saves in the C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming folder like RenPy does. This is to ensure that the settings and save files remain after the game folder is deleted. The bug is that Windows uses UTF-16 for file names, and the library I use to handle the files uses UTF-8. Well, apparently I somehow wrongly converted one into the other and file names containing non-English characters are damaged. I will try to fix it soon.

Reactions: pacolel

Jteste

Dec 7, 2019
Hello. When opening the game, the controls do not appear, can anyone help me? I left an image attached.

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Hello. When opening the game, the controls do not appear, can anyone help me? I left an image attached.
Can you post the contents of the log.txt file please? Maybe there is some error in the shaders...

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
This is a very strange bug. As far as I can see, you don't have the latest version of the graphics driver installed. If possible, update it. It may be a bug in it.
I also had a strange bug that the first four characters are not rendered. That is, there should be an inscription "You must be 18+" and the word "You" is not rendered. All other text in the game rendered correctly, only the first four characters were missing. If I resize the window, it causes the text to be redrawn and they would appear. I spent a lot of time trying to find the cause, but never found it. I ended up fixing this bug by making the first four characters rendered to be spaces. Maybe you have a larger version of this bug?
You can also try resizing the window to cause the text to redraw, or try click on the left square (it should say "YES" there). I realize that's not a normal solution, but I can't think of anything else for now.

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Will it be another 4 months for the next update?
How can I answer this question? Of course I understand that releases take too long to come out. Generally, the goal is to have a release every two, maximum three months. But as you can see for yourself, no release has ever reached that goal.

For the next release, I want to focus on the main - minigame + two events. I can not say exactly how much time I need to do this because sometimes it happens that I render a bunch of images, mount, saw that it turned out awful and redo everything.

Plus, again, I want to improve or redo something in the engine. I want to create one handy DazStudio instrument for myself. How long will it take? I don't know, I haven't made instruments for DazStudio before.

Reactions: newguy42

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Monthly progress report.
The first month of development I have traditionally devoted to internal improvements of the engine.
I added some features that allow more flexibility in controlling the flow of dialogs. For example, I can now make a dialog, the course of which can be influenced by clicking on something in the scene - the characters will react on it and then go back to the initial dialog.
Also completely redesigned text rendering. Now I can use inside a single block of text: different fonts (regular/italic), different character sizes, different colors of characters, text with stroke. And also render right inside the text some images or some active elements that can react to mouse clicks or hovering.
Right now I'm working on the function of rendering closed objects of arbitrary shape. Later I will use this function to render freeform speechbubbles and render menu items.

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Monthly progress report.
This month's progress was not very much, unfortunately I was able to devote less time to game development than I wanted to. But progress is still there. At this point, about half of the work on the update is done.
Most of the time I spent on refactoring the code responsible for rendering - now this code is more logical and easier to add new features to it.
I finished the function for rendering freeform closed areas and reworked the menu. The function that generates the speech balloon hasn't had time to redo yet, I'm doing that now. I want to add two more types of balloon - yell and whisper. I plan to finish this in a couple of days. When I'm done, I'll start rendering new images for the events and adjust the bot for the minigame at the same time.
I wrote earlier that I plan to create some handy tools for Daz Studio. Those plans are cancelled. I watched a bunch of tutorial videos on Blender and came to the conclusion that the things I'm trying to do in Daz Studio are much easier to do in Blender. So now I'll render as is, and after the release I'll try to transfer all the work to Blender.

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
Monthly progress report.
This month's progress was not very much, unfortunately I was able to devote less time to game development than I wanted to. But progress is still there. At this point, about half of the work on the update is done.
Most of the time I spent on refactoring the code responsible for rendering - now this code is more logical and easier to add new features to it.
I finished the function for rendering freeform closed areas and reworked the menu. The function that generates the speech balloon hasn't had time to redo yet, I'm doing that now. I want to add two more types of balloon - yell and whisper. I plan to finish this in a couple of days. When I'm done, I'll start rendering new images for the events and adjust the bot for the minigame at the same time.
I wrote earlier that I plan to create some handy tools for Daz Studio. Those plans are cancelled. I watched a bunch of tutorial videos on Blender and came to the conclusion that the things I'm trying to do in Daz Studio are much easier to do in Blender. So now I'll render as is, and after the release I'll try to transfer all the work to Blender.
Well that's very nice of you to post such an update. Very few would make such a post explaining delays to a *cough* 'free' community :) Personally I don't mind if things fell short it's so nice to get to play as the 'monster' for once. Playing as an orc or minotaur and capturing and having fun has been something I've looked for a long time.

Reactions: tl101

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Well that's very nice of you to post such an update. Very few would make such a post explaining delays to a *cough* 'free' community :) Personally I don't mind if things fell short it's so nice to get to play as the 'monster' for once. Playing as an orc or minotaur and capturing and having fun has been something I've looked for a long time.
"capturing and having fun" is exactly what is planned for the next update :)

Reactions: newguy42

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Monthly progress report.
At this point, I have three things left to finish: rendering, post-processing, and writing dialogue text.
The rendering is about 50% done, and the post-processing is about 25% done. I haven't written the dialogue text at all yet, but I always write it last.
This time there will be not a lot of text. In general, the next update will be: one dialogue -> minigame -> one event (sex scene). But it's quite a big event, because I make the sex scene interactive, i.e. it includes different poses, transitions between poses, small actions, etc.
So, there is still a lot of work, I think the release will be somewhere in the second half of July.

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes