Unity The Outcast Tribe [v0.1 Hotfix 1] [WegildDev]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Kyoka

May 5, 2019
Love the game so far, smal suggestion, it would be a lot more consistent iff you would make the ingame art pictures pixelated / pixelart too, they look out of place.

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
I'm not really a fan of defeat/struggle to get the action, but it's also a game with a female goblin as the main character, so all is forgiven.
Haha me as well, and I understand your concern, I got something cooking that will ease the access to NSFW content, since it is only a 0.1 version I don't have the feature ready.... yet ^^

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
Love the game so far, smal suggestion, it would be a lot more consistent iff you would make the ingame art pictures pixelated / pixelart too, they look out of place.
I totally get it, however, I am just physically not able to pump out that many sprites with high quality. I am programming the game and drawing the pixel art content solo. While some art pieces might look out of place, please take my assurance that they are and will get a lot better. Some of the first ones were drawn while my relationships with both artists were at their beginnings and I was learning "how to" commission art while Joss/zza_art and Lofi were adjusting their styles.

droploads

Sep 29, 2023
can you find the merchant yet or is this the end of the alpha? cause i cant find anything in the forest.

Fiamos

Jan 4, 2020
hooman-is-husband-now-kooni-roxybz8rm3.png

Jokes aside; I love the art style, it looks as good as Starbound.
The movement feels too fast though, I have to stop to take in the surroundings. If you plan to keep this tempo I'd like to suggest the camera be zoomed out as you start moving/sprinting.
And I noticed the enemies have a line of sight indicator(red flash light effect), does it mean anything like stealth being added later or is it just a leftover?

Bug: After defeating the Mutated Spawnie it may still randomly get back up and attack, I ran backward and jumped onto the platform which made it despawn right after.

Last edited:

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
View attachment 3745090

Jokes aside; I love the art style, it looks as good as Starbound.
The movement feels too fast though, I have to stop to take in the surroundings. If you plan to keep this tempo I'd like to suggest the camera be zoomed out as you start moving/sprinting.
And I noticed the enemies have a line of sight indicator(red flash light effect), does it mean anything like stealth being added later or is it just a leftover?
Thank you very much for your kind words and suggestions. Your is not the first voice that suggests either the changes to the tempo or camera movement. I will be tweaking it in the near future.

The effect you are speaking of is a part of the Aggro system that the enemies have and is primarily used to better communicate the state of the enemy to the player + to indicate when attacks happen. At the moment I do not play on adding the stealth mechanic... but you never know ;)

Reactions: NJ and tripleP

PDCurator

Sep 1, 2023
It's not necessarily the end of the world but having the dialogue box at the top of the screen kinda makes you see less of the current scene/environment/characters. Which ends up with the player paying less attention to the cool artwork you've done.

I've seen others do this as well, it's a weird choice and it's why most games/subtitles are always on the bottom. I don't know how to explain it clearly. Having it at the top makes less of the game focused by your eyes, where-as on the bottom the game is still partially focused by your eyes. You can try this by looking at the top then the bottom and seeing how much is focused/slightly focused.

Just a little gripe, will continue playing now as it seems interesting otherwise. Thanks for the release :)

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
It's not necessarily the end of the world but having the dialogue box at the top of the screen kinda makes you see less of the current scene/environment/characters. Which ends up with the player paying less attention to the cool artwork you've done.

I've seen others do this as well, it's a weird choice and it's why most games/subtitles are always on the bottom. I don't know how to explain it clearly. Having it at the top makes less of the game focused by your eyes, where-as on the bottom the game is still partially focused by your eyes. You can try this by looking at the top then the bottom and seeing how much is focused/slightly focused.

Just a little gripe, will continue playing now as it seems interesting otherwise. Thanks for the release :)
To be quite honest with you, I have not even thought to place it on the bottom. Most platformers I played were either dialogueless or had the exact same system I placed (graphically).

Just so you know I have placed it as a request/concept ticket in my internal gitlab environment so it will not be lost. I might revisit it in the future and maybe tinker the system a little bit/make it an option in the menu to place it on the other part of the screen.

1718654387838.png

Sidenote for everyone: I'm doing the same with all the bugs I saw here, please feel free to dm me with bugs or... better yet join the discord and post them there if I can ask you to ^^

Reactions: PDCurator

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
  1. Got knocked down
  2. Then got killed
  3. Could for some reason use movement keys
  4. Now invulnerable
View attachment 3745152
That's a weird one, but I think I know why it happened, need to fix the struggle system for the enemies that don't have a sex animation. Apologies for that, I'm right now grabbing the bugs into stories and will start coding the hotfix tomorrow so I can release it this week.

Reactions: NJ

Pusspuss

Feb 18, 2018
At the moment there is an impregnation system, each sexual encounter once the player is (currently) under 2hp can result in pregnancy after loosing all steps. Each defeat scene ends with pregnancy as well. After Character is impregnated, there is a wait period and then birth, at the moment amount and types of newborns are tracked. I will expand upon the mechanic to include permament upgrades to the main Hub, a kind of a nursery and a few npcs. As a pregnancy content enthusiast I can assure you that it is and will be a constant focus.
YES! YESSS DOOOD!

Also this game is pretty great so far. I did run into a bug on the first boss where I died with 1 heart left, but I was resurrected right away and spawned into the floor so I couldn't progress at all.

Gonna keep my eye on this and drop some support when I can. We need more preg and birth-focused games.

deaddog

May 16, 2017
At the moment there is an impregnation system, each sexual encounter once the player is (currently) under 2hp can result in pregnancy after loosing all steps. Each defeat scene ends with pregnancy as well. After Character is impregnated, there is a wait period and then birth, at the moment amount and types of newborns are tracked. I will expand upon the mechanic to include permament upgrades to the main Hub, a kind of a nursery and a few npcs. As a pregnancy content enthusiast I can assure you that it is and will be a constant focus.
The game looks fantastic, but I'm SUPER turned off by pregnancy. Will it be possible to have a "no pregnancy" mode? Maybe a special item or something?

• Angry
Reactions: Pivetta and Frumi

LonelyMad

Sep 29, 2019
Well basically you can't use the "Use/Interact" button "E" in game, i main menu or paused menu it works bur some reason in game it doesn't work

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
YES! YESSS DOOOD!

Also this game is pretty great so far. I did run into a bug on the first boss where I died with 1 heart left, but I was resurrected right away and spawned into the floor so I couldn't progress at all.

Gonna keep my eye on this and drop some support when I can. We need more preg and birth-focused games.
Apologies from the bottom of my heart for the bugs, will get a hotfix rolling soon. Thank you for your enthusiasm, I knew that we need more pregnancy focused games and I'll do my best in delivering something worthy.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes