Unity The Outcast Tribe [v0.1 Hotfix 1] [WegildDev]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

saviliana

Aug 30, 2017
I have been bugged out as having sex can sometimes teleporting you back to previous places, and glitch out into the ground, and once you are in the ground the game autosaves you down there forever locking you in the ground, you can move between maps but the collision walls blocking you form re-entering the playable areas.

Would want a reset key to reset position to last reacted campfire, or make the autosave be separated from normal save.

saviliana

Aug 30, 2017
Also, it you not doing the inventory tutorial and just go on, the whole tutorial sequence bonkers out, after you reach tribe you will be soft locked with shaman girl not give you quest and no way to go on with the story.

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
I am just concerned that Patreon will nuke you because even if the insects talk Patreon considers that beast content. If they catch wind of it they will ban you. That is why I highly recommend substar. They don't censor art or games.
Edit: That and since you just started your Patreon page it wouldn't hurt your support much seeing as a lot of game devs on here went to substar after years of being on patreon.
I appreciate your concern, got a few ideas how to deal with that, at the moment game doesn't have any animations and content that would spark any ire from our dearest friends on Patreon ^^

Not so well

Dec 12, 2019
The game has many bugs (as expected from a 0.1 build), and personally, I think not being able to interact with UI through cursor is such an inconvinence ... Anyway, I think this game is potential. The art is good, the story is fine and its been a long time since my last try with a RPG Unity in pixel style that has my favourite tag! Goodluck on this project!

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
How often can we expect updates?
I plan to disclose that in full after I am done with the first hotfix + Roadmap. However, I plan to add content each month (not counting hotfix/bugfixes. I consider an update to be something more substantial than a few simple bugfixes. While not every Update will contain new drawn artwork each one should ideally bring something in to the game, such as enemies, mechanics, quests items or at least a rework of this or that. Make sure to follow me on Patreon and/or join the discord to keep updated when it comes to the roadmap ^^

Reactions: JustBix

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
You cannot skip the dialogs because E key doesnt work :(
I am still trying to replicate this error, could you, in brief, explain what is happening. After the initial cutscene you get a dialogue but when you are trying to click on "E" nothing happens, correct?

Reactions: Duffel35

Duffel35

Mar 17, 2021
I am still trying to replicate this error, could you, in brief, explain what is happening. After the initial cutscene you get a dialogue but when you are trying to click on "E" nothing happens, correct?
After being able to control the character everytime character speaks, no matter which button you press dialog box doesnt move.

Reactions: WegildDev

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
After being able to control the character everytime character speaks, no matter which button you press dialog box doesnt move.
So, basically, you are able to move around while the dialogue box is displayed but clicking anything will not make it go further, right? 1718746850767.png

So you basically see this, can move around jump attack etc?

xyzpjk

Jul 29, 2020
Pretty decent game, but controls could use some work. Seeing that it uses wasd to move around, having z and x be attack and block might be a better place for those controls

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
I played this, and seem to have an issue that only one person has vaguely mentioned. Every single sound in my game is heavily distorted and screeches to a point my ears hurt. Another issue I have is that sometimes the menu doesn't work as intended, I cannot return to the main menu unless I close the game entirely, and pressing 'e' to 'return' to the game has frozen the game once. Another slight issue I've had is that there is little consistency as to how to close different prompts, the inventory uses 'I', the chest uses 'backspace' and almost everything else uses 'esc'

vargot-5673

May 16, 2023
I think that the movement speed might be tied to the refresh rate. The protagonist moves at lightning speed. My screen can go up to 120 hertz.

• Red Heart
Reactions: WegildDev

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
I think that the movement speed might be tied to the refresh rate. The protagonist moves at lightning speed. My screen can go up to 120 hertz.
Checked the code aaaaaand I am a dummy and you are right. I implemented movement in a way that actually might cause that, while the fix is... easy to implement (switching from Update to FixedUpdate) it might cause some weird stuff (since it's movement) so, if the fix works, I will implement it in the next hotfix (not the one that I am currently coding).

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
I played this, and seem to have an issue that only one person has vaguely mentioned. Every single sound in my game is heavily distorted and screeches to a point my ears hurt. Another issue I have is that sometimes the menu doesn't work as intended, I cannot return to the main menu unless I close the game entirely, and pressing 'e' to 'return' to the game has frozen the game once. Another slight issue I've had is that there is little consistency as to how to close different prompts, the inventory uses 'I', the chest uses 'backspace' and almost everything else uses 'esc'
When it comes to the sound, I understand that it's not only the slime pool sounds but also the sounds that Wegild makes during Struggle encounters, movement etc? Slime pool sound, I agree, is terrible and I will get rid of it in the hotfixed version, but I am interested if the issue is with any other sound. If it's global, for all sounds, there might be something finnicky going on with the AudioManager for some user configurations and I would need to check that as well.

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
I have been bugged out as having sex can sometimes teleporting you back to previous places, and glitch out into the ground, and once you are in the ground the game autosaves you down there forever locking you in the ground, you can move between maps but the collision walls blocking you form re-entering the playable areas.

Would want a reset key to reset position to last reacted campfire, or make the autosave be separated from normal save.
1718781806214.png

An excellent suggestion, just wanted to assure you that the unstuck functionality is currently being tested in the dev environment. I will not be touching the Save/Load system too much for the hotfix as to separate those saves but that is a wonderful suggestion which, again, I should have thought of earlier.

• Love
Reactions: ROABE and saviliana
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes