rdblev

Mar 16, 2018
For #31, You need to select anal three times in a row to get a new option
For #54, begin with Abigail, tie her to device n°2, inspect then immediately go to Mother. She'll give you something for Abigail.
I've tried this for #54 dozens of times without success. I've went to the mother first, I've went to Abigail first, nothing ever happens. After tying Abigal to device 2, I go to mother and do what? I've tried just watching her masturbate, I've tried leaving, I've tried calling the other girl in .... but nothing triggers the mother to give me anything. Any advice on the exact sequence needed would be helpful. My Karma is Good.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
I've tried this for #54 dozens of times without success. I've went to the mother first, I've went to Abigail first, nothing ever happens. After tying Abigal to device 2, I go to mother and do what? I've tried just watching her masturbate, I've tried leaving, I've tried calling the other girl in .... but nothing triggers the mother to give me anything. Any advice on the exact sequence needed would be helpful. My Karma is Good.
I first go to punishment room, select the device 2, not inspect Aby, but go for mother's room, and there is no option, i get the bunny plug.
I played both route, good, evil, with the patch f and g

Reactions: rdblev

aqvaman

Mar 3, 2019
Quick question after downloading the main 5.0d version, do I need to use all the other 3 patches (e f and g) or can I just install g and it contains all of them?

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
The game has an interesting plot and the dynamic between the characters is both eerie and somehow believable. The writing hints at a solid background plot and/or worldbuilding and is generally speaking compelling and intriguing.
visually, the renders are very good and I can't fault them (talking about the characters mostly.. the props and settings are occasionally a bit detached from the characters in the forefront, but not annoyingly so).
I could definitely do without the grinding. I can only suppose that the purpose of it is to establish routine and rituals and a dynamic of earning your keep, which in story makes sense but is neither what interests me in the playing phase (the grinding in and of itself doesn't add to the story) and doesn't ring true because it ultimately resolves itself in clicking a few buttons a buch of times, which doesn't really give the effect one might think the dev is going for. I personally have a strong dislike for grinding and resource collecting mechanics that don't further the story and are nothing but a series of clicks that don't have any sort of payload to them, neither emotional nor visual. the repetitiveness would, in game, install a sense of ritual and purpose to the protagonist, but in me, the player, all it does is stimulate annoyance.
that said, I am willing to engage in the grinding which is not too elaborate and time-consuming, to see where the plot will go... but again, the game would improve a lot of it did away with the collect water/chop some wood after a couple of times that it has you perform those tasks. they just don't add to the player experience and, in the end, are nothing but padding. I'd rather play a shorter game than cycle through pressing the same buttons for the same sequences.

Personal gripes aside, the premise, the plot, the subject (and the kinks), the art and the writing make this a game that I am keen to keep playing.

Tl;Dr like the game a lot, it would improve in my esteem by at least an order of magnitude if it got rid of the grinding mechanics. there are better ways to generate that immersive vibe.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
The game has an interesting plot and the dynamic between the characters is both eerie and somehow believable. The writing hints at a solid background plot and/or worldbuilding and is generally speaking compelling and intriguing.
visually, the renders are very good and I can't fault them (talking about the characters mostly.. the props and settings are occasionally a bit detached from the characters in the forefront, but not annoyingly so).
I could definitely do without the grinding. I can only suppose that the purpose of it is to establish routine and rituals and a dynamic of earning your keep, which in story makes sense but is neither what interests me in the playing phase (the grinding in and of itself doesn't add to the story) and doesn't ring true because it ultimately resolves itself in clicking a few buttons a buch of times, which doesn't really give the effect one might think the dev is going for. I personally have a strong dislike for grinding and resource collecting mechanics that don't further the story and are nothing but a series of clicks that don't have any sort of payload to them, neither emotional nor visual. the repetitiveness would, in game, install a sense of ritual and purpose to the protagonist, but in me, the player, all it does is stimulate annoyance.
that said, I am willing to engage in the grinding which is not too elaborate and time-consuming, to see where the plot will go... but again, the game would improve a lot of it did away with the collect water/chop some wood after a couple of times that it has you perform those tasks. they just don't add to the player experience and, in the end, are nothing but padding. I'd rather play a shorter game than cycle through pressing the same buttons for the same sequences.

Personal gripes aside, the premise, the plot, the subject (and the kinks), the art and the writing make this a game that I am keen to keep playing.

Tl;Dr like the game a lot, it would improve in my esteem by at least an order of magnitude if it got rid of the grinding mechanics. there are better ways to generate that immersive vibe.
After reaching 100/100 wood/water the grind stops and later you collect two resource with one action.

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
Quick question after downloading the main 5.0d version, do I need to use all the other 3 patches (e f and g) or can I just install g and it contains all of them?
f patch is enough, it contains the corrections of the previous patches

Reactions: aqvaman

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
After reaching 100/100 wood/water the grind stops and later you collect two resource with one action.
That's good, but it doesn't take away from my opinion that the grinding really doesn't add anything to the game.. If anything, reducing it after a rather high threshold only proves the point.

Reactions: mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
I just read the post on Patreon about The Gary wanting to make a poll if Karma should only change the dialogues and not the scenes. And this only because some don't feel like playing 2 paths? BAD has 5 paths with several side paths and nobody complains about that.

Furthermore, what is the point of Karma ? Then you might as well remove it. Because if I have one and the same scene, it just becomes unbelievable, because if I have bad karma, then not only does the dialogue change, but I also act accordingly.

I hope that after the poll it will go on as TheGary thought and planned, because otherwise it will probably become boring and make karma pointless. :(
Karma is pointless. Why would anyone think that grinding karma in a game with male mc is a good idea? We can name him, he is our avatar in that game, I can understand games that want you to grind strength, stamina but here we are talking about damn personality type. Just dont gatekeep dialogue options and scenes behind this stupid statat all, let us try them all freely.

Sometimes I want to choose a good guy option and the next day I want to choose a bad guy option but in this game you have to grind for ingame weeks to have that opportunity because apparently main character is a one dimensional shmuck I guess? Another example if I want to treat one girl nicely while being more stern with the other girl. But guess what, you cant do that either without ingame weeks worth of grind because apparently treating people differently is not a thing in this games world.

Karma is a ridiculous mechanic that added only for the sake of filling this game with "gameplay" and gatekeep content behind silly and logic defying grind.

mgrant24601

Dec 12, 2017
Karma is a ridiculous mechanic that added only for the sake of filling this game with "gameplay" and gatekeep content behind silly and logic defying grind.
I mean I agree and disagree. 'Gameplay' aside there's something fun about a limited amount of really effective illusion of choice with any game that gives you little peeks at something different because of the choices you made without really affecting the arc of the story.

In a perfect world we'd play games with infinite outcomes, and be able to play them over and over again with different results...Since that's not an option, there's a balance between wasted effort on the cost of bifurcating development vs the value of players feeling like their choices mean something.

Imo last version goes a little overboard in favor of bifurcating development at the cost of players getting to see as much as possible given X development effort. But otoh, because these games are python (an interpreted language) they're all childishly trivial to 'decompile' and therefore mod. So for any renpy game that's even remotely popular (as tg's are) you aren't going to have trouble finding a mod that lets you watch whatever you want.

If you prefer to have a more 'pristine' experience, I'm not aware of a mod that allows you to actively edit karma but just go to upload your save and reverse your karma. That's what I'll probably do personally because I do like the 'pristine' hand on dick experience of watching the events unfold.

Still, I'll say again, if I had my druthers the game would probably not continue down the road of as much bifurcation as this last version included. It's a bad idea whatever people think when development time is limited to do heavy plot bifurcation.... people think bifurcation means 2x the content, well it doesn't, tg will spend same amount of time no matter what and bifurcation means more breadth less depth. Minimal bifurcation is for illusion of choice is great, but frankly even most AAA games don't heavily bifurcate because it's just a really iffy investment.

drago30

Jul 28, 2018
Anyone can help on how i monitor Aby's training? only option i get for her,is when i visit her room in the morning and have a small chat and she asks a question to choose anal or pussy. After that,all day i can't seem to find her somewhere until its night and mother is waiting to let me know that she is dissapointed:ROFLMAO:

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Anyone can help on how i monitor Aby's training? only option i get for her,is when i visit her room in the morning and have a small chat and she asks a question to choose anal or pussy. After that,all day i can't seem to find her somewhere until its night and mother is waiting to let me know that she is dissapointed:ROFLMAO:
You can chat with her at 6 a.m., but the training is at 7 a.m.

Reactions: drago30

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Karma is pointless. Why would anyone think that grinding karma in a game with male mc is a good idea? We can name him, he is our avatar in that game, I can understand games that want you to grind strength, stamina but here we are talking about damn personality type. Just dont gatekeep dialogue options and scenes behind this stupid statat all, let us try them all freely.

Sometimes I want to choose a good guy option and the next day I want to choose a bad guy option but in this game you have to grind for ingame weeks to have that opportunity because apparently main character is a one dimensional shmuck I guess? Another example if I want to treat one girl nicely while being more stern with the other girl. But guess what, you cant do that either without ingame weeks worth of grind because apparently treating people differently is not a thing in this games world.

I 100% agree. I didn't even bother to continue. The grind the non interaction with anyone at certain times the house is completely empty. There should be something to do at all times instead of just waiting or trying to figure out what to do. No walkthrough or hint system that I saw which only makes it less interesting... Then repeating the same scenes over and over until something new triggers is just redundant and annoying. In the beginning there is a vn style story then the dev bait and switches to a completely frustrating non sense system. I would suggest a rewrite with dropping all the gaming crap and stick with what you presented. Honestly some players are ok with grinding and points and all that but not all are especially when you make them believe it's vn and then switch gears to something completely different. Create a vn option dev. for those who hate sandbox. I personally think the change was a bad move on your part due to it being somewhat deceptive and poorly implemented. If you can't make your gaming elements make sense or obvious to your players then they don't fit and just hurt immersion.

aqvaman

Mar 3, 2019
Hope this wasn't asked before, but I kinda miss the ship's captain from CMA. Will you always simply get poisoned if you miss your tasks or is that going to change in the future?

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
Hope this wasn't asked before, but I kinda miss the ship's captain from CMA. Will you always simply get poisoned if you miss your tasks or is that going to change in the future?
only the dev knows...
but if your question was about femdom, TheGary stated that there won't be CMA like femdom in Patriarch

3.70 star(s) 43 Votes