♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Wtf is this game?
Is there an end to this game, other than dying poisoned in the bottom of a cell in the basement of this fucking house of freaks???
Why doesn't the Mc put this crazy bitch of "Mother" in the pillory to make her talk?

albatare

May 4, 2017
He's been doing this for years and he hasn't improved one bit.
Even if you cheat your way through it's still a painful experience.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
All you complainers just move on if you do not like go if yu like stay Newbie albatare how do you know the Dev has been doing it for years mmmm?????
because this is not the first game he makes and the previous ones were more of the same?
also, thank you for not policing the thread... if we are talking about the game it's because we do have an interest.. and we would like it to be better, as it definitely can.

Reactions: shade32

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
because this is not the first game he makes and the previous ones were more of the same?
also, thank you for not policing the thread... if we are talking about the game it's because we do have an interest.. and we would like it to be better, as it definitely can.
I'd like to think that. But when I see all the bad ratings from people complaining that basically it's not a VN, or as Albatare who seems to have hated the previous game and yet keeps coming back for more, I somehow doubt that.
And if you really want the game to be more to your liking, become a patron and ask for changes directly to the dev.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I'd like to think that. But when I see all the bad ratings from people complaining that basically it's not a VN, or as Albatare who seems to have hated the previous game and yet keeps coming back for more, I somehow doubt that.
And if you really want the game to be more to your liking, become a patron and ask for changes directly to the dev.
that's fair.. although.. the nature of this forum does leave the door open to criticism (one would hope for it to be constructive, but it rarely works out that way... I guess the crowd is.. mixed).. I share the same opinion of most of the latest ratings but have expressed them here on the forum thread rather than in a rating... as far as I am concerned, my issue is purely the grinding which I am fundamentally against in any of these games because very rarely said grinding adds anything to the game.. in this case it definitely does not... You could also point out that the dev is perfectly capable of making a game that doesn't have any such pointless mechanic, as is demonstrated in the intro to the game, which in and of itself does constitute a bit of a bait and switch, to be honest...
Mainly I reacted to the previous post because I find arguments "if you don't like it leave" to be at best silly.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
people aren't complaining about it not being a vn specifically it's like Cynicaladm said it's the bait and switch nature. Dev started with purely vn style presentation even had some stuff in that I didn't care for but I knew beforehand that it was there and I decided to give it a try anyway because it's not really triggering to me. Overall the beginning was pretty decent but then we goto this ridiculous grindfest of sandbox which wasn't there or in the planned tags originally as far as I remember and then poof surprise. A lot of dev's do this present one thing that get players interested or excited then hope they will stick around when they switch gears. I personally hate sandbox in all forms. I won't lie there are 1 or 2 exceptions for a couple of VN's but in those particular VN's it's not grind driven it's just short and sweet and painless. We all have our own likes and dislikes but honestly about your support the dev... I can't speak for others but I wouldn't support someone who has deceived us nor a dev who adds gaming mechanics. I prefer vn's this started as a vn and is no longer after only a few releases. That's ok if that is what the dev wants to do because it's their creation so they can do what they want, but I didn't play the previous title so Idk about coming back for more because I won't be back for more of this one. I am not bitter and I won't leave a bad review, but hopefully the dev will realize that what they did seems misleading to players/readers and will consider not doing it again or warning everyone from the start in the O.P. that hey this is going to be that even though it starts differently. Either way good luck to the dev and to those who do stick around I hope you enjoy.

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
people aren't complaining about it not being a vn specifically it's like Cynicaladm said it's the bait and switch nature. Dev started with purely vn style presentation even had some stuff in that I didn't care for but I knew beforehand that it was there and I decided to give it a try anyway because it's not really triggering to me. Overall the beginning was pretty decent but then we goto this ridiculous grindfest of sandbox which wasn't there or in the planned tags originally as far as I remember and then poof surprise. A lot of dev's do this present one thing that get players interested or excited then hope they will stick around when they switch gears. I personally hate sandbox in all forms. I won't lie there are 1 or 2 exceptions for a couple of VN's but in those particular VN's it's not grind driven it's just short and sweet and painless. We all have our own likes and dislikes but honestly about your support the dev... I can't speak for others but I wouldn't support someone who has deceived us nor a dev who adds gaming mechanics. I prefer vn's this started as a vn and is no longer after only a few releases. That's ok if that is what the dev wants to do because it's their creation so they can do what they want, but I didn't play the previous title so Idk about coming back for more because I won't be back for more of this one. I am not bitter and I won't leave a bad review, but hopefully the dev will realize that what they did seems misleading to players/readers and will consider not doing it again or warning everyone from the start in the O.P. that hey this is going to be that even though it starts differently. Either way good luck to the dev and to those who do stick around I hope you enjoy.
I see your point, but TheGary was crystal clear with his patrons and he didn't betray anyone supporting him.
He announced he'll be making a new game (not a VN), with similar mechanics as CMA (quest driven), thus with some grind and objectives to achieve.
The introduction was to set the scene and quite different from the game in itself that really started with the second release. See that like an intro, as you can find in many games, not especially adult games, where the background is described in a cinematic prologue and then you start playing for good.
Once again I understand that people are disappointed because the game is not what they thought it would be, those expecting a VN, those hoping for sharing / NTR, whatever.
In his last post the dev announced that the next few releases will be story driven (understand "some quests to advance in the plot") and then there will be a sequence of releases focused on "free roam", adding contend to the MC and the total freedom for him to have fun with the girls of his choice. That's the direction we're heading here.
Be warned and, I hope, have fun. ;)

Last edited:

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
Then i retract my bait and switch comment.
As for the pointlessness of grinding mechanics, those stay because nothing changes that.
I am baffled that Devs would still use those.

I don't agree with the distinction between AV with a linear progression and very limited forking choices, and what more complicated games offer.
In the end, grinding mechanics are padding and cosmetics underneath which you are ultimately left with the same multiple choice structure as in any other game or av.
Especially when the conditions are binary : do the grinding in the right order/quantity or fail.
Grinding has sense if the quantity or variety you choose to do of it leads to different outcomes or at least cosmetic differences (see treasure of Nadia for reference where what you do with girls and how you dress them is influenced by the grinding).
Collect x nrs of y to not have a game over should be entertaining and varied, else it's just an irritating waste of time. Padding that doesn't actually add anything to the game, artificially inflating the game time without adding anything of substance to it.
There are better ways to keep an open sandbox type of feel to a game without resorting to pointless repetitions of mechanical actions that don't further the narrative.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
How do you oversee Abigails trainning - I see her in the morning then she plays a trick on Emma and I can't find her again
to forward her training - did once find her at the lake and she asks for a fish again but nothing else and another time I tried you told her you were going to oversee her and picked the option as to what you were going to oversee then she disappears again

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
How do you oversee Abigails trainning - I see her in the morning then she plays a trick on Emma and I can't find her again
to forward her training - did once find her at the lake and she asks for a fish again but nothing else and another time I tried you told her you were going to oversee her and picked the option as to what you were going to oversee then she disappears again
You told yourself: see her in her room in the morning. Early morning.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
seems once you get out of the cellar and into your own bedroom you can miss doing a trial task, I completed 2 of three and no repercusions like death occured - was that supposed to happen?

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Abi's training is at 7a.m. in her room.

Reactions: BGRW2020

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
How do you oversee Abigails training...
Abi's training is at 7a.m. in her room.
I go see her at 6 AM (right after waking), then go back to her room at 7 AM.

If you want to get really technical, anytime there is a character bubble available I find that person and do that action.
So, for Abigail, her bubble appears in the home at 6 AM and 7 AM. I wake up, see her at 6, visit whichever sister has a bubble available, and then take a bath (all before the clock changes to 7 AM.) At 7, I do Abigail's training. Then go outside and meet her at the lake.

Reactions: BGRW2020
3.70 star(s) 43 Votes